Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gnirf

Lütjens which ship to put him on (after rework)

11 comments in this topic

[H_FAN]
Players
2,681 posts
45,042 battles

Happy New Year fellow captains!,

After recieving all ships that are left I had a massive amount of coal and with nothing really urgent to buy I finally bought this captain.

Now in my situation I am contemplating with the new rework in mind to put in on Richthofen not that I play Cvs but the other lines have already 19 p captains as follows:

German BBs: König, Bismarck, GK

German CAs: Hindenburg

German DDs: Z52

So I am already so to speak ready there. I do not play Cvs atm other than some missions in coop avoiding to humiliate myself more than necessary, however I migfht do a serious effort sometime in the future - all German Cvs have 10 p on so nothing special to destroy or expensive to replace.

My thoughts is to place him on MR as I say and spech him though expensive for the other 3 types for use in the premiums. And I do play the high tier German BBs sec specced atm - for conventoinal BB build I have all the other lines so I do not mind playing for fun in one line.

Lutjens will therefor be used on f.e. Odin, Pommern, Tirpitz. 

So despite not playing CVs atm would you place him on the MR bearing in mind the tecj tree captain status I have (the other non CV ships from T8 up are on 14 at least bar Hipper on 12.)

Think after rework. The grindpoints to 21 is horrific but that is not the issue here.

Or would you recommend replacing one of the others. I can not say I play the T10s very much apart from coop as I rather play Zao, Montana f.e. among the Tech trees T10s.  So do not count them as hard played ships as then the choice would have been easier.

Players
1,188 posts
21,807 battles

Put him on Hindenburg. The reload skill is still worth it there.

With the pending nerf to BB-Secondaries accuracy its not worth to procc his skill there. 

I dont think hes worth it on DDs in general, but never tested it. Usually you spot new ships at the beginning of the match where you have full health anyways. 

While the match progresses it gets harder to get spotting ribbons. Esp. since most T10 games have CVs nowadays.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,506 posts
25,874 battles

After rework u can use it on all 4 classes...

[SINT]
Players
1,006 posts
22,182 battles

Happy new year,

I am in the same bind. Although not yet the luxurious position regarding that many trained 19 pointers..

Have a tank build 19 pointer on GK, have a semi special 16 pointer on Hindenburg and a 16 pointer sec spec on Bismarck. Other ships have between 10 and 14 pointers.  Have multiple premiums in all 4 shiptypes so that Luntjes could be an added value. 

Think that Luntjes is best used in either a sec spec BB or a quick firing cruiser to get those 100 hits. Since secondary spec German BB might be gutted next patch I might think to place him on the Hindenburg using his added bonuses on Mainz and maybe München ( Prinz Eugen might lack the rof to unlock the bonus).  Then the BB 2nd specced Lutjens can be used on the premium German BB’s...Although I have all my German BB’s except Bismarck equipped with non secondary modules. 

From what I remember his DD bonus is quite meh. Don’t know how he can positively help premium cv’s. Although he might be a fun build for your secondary specced Graf Zeppelin.

So basically: Put him on the silver line cruiser Hindenburg. He can then use his skills on Mainz, PE and München ( German light cruisers don’t need IFHE so that suits Hindenburg build fine) As for the premium German Supercruisers...the new build makes him less suitable unfortunately.

For his BB set you can then spec him for secondary ( even if that becomes more meme now).

Idem for German DD’s and maybe a sec specced Graf Zeppelin.

Players
1,188 posts
21,807 battles
Just now, 22cm said:

Only on Premiums. You get him trained for one silver ship but you can put him on premiums. 

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
11,717 posts
9,737 battles
10 minutes ago, Prophecy82 said:

Only on Premiums. You get him trained for one silver ship but you can put him on premiums. 

Yep, so its best to use him on all premiums with similar skillset, because he is still better than a standard captain.

Same goes for all special captains.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,681 posts
45,042 battles
26 minutes ago, 22cm said:

I know hence the comment on using him on the Pommern etc. Besides you know that I am frequent here so all this I know already.

The Q is if it is worth the effort replacing any of the current 19 p captains or just put him in the CV and play the premiums as with the other captains. These enhanced traits are useful for all classes to a degree, before I did not bother as I had coal supply for other uses mainly ships. now I have over 200 K after the captain and no ships left. 

Players
1,188 posts
21,807 battles
21 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Yep, so its best to use him on all premiums with similar skillset, because he is still better than a standard captain.

Same goes for all special captains.

I will put him on Hindi as "silver captain", but also on the premiums: Odin, Derpitz, Shiny horse, Mainz (no brainer), even may try him on T-61. 

He will defnitely be one (of the 4 captains) I will insta-train to 21 Points. So much cap-free-xp can be gained... 

Will do the same for Halsey, Sansonetti and RU-Ovetchkin. 

[SHAFT]
Players
11,717 posts
9,737 battles
9 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

The Q is if it is worth the effort replacing any of the current 19 p captains or just put him in the CV and play the premiums as with the other captains.

What is the arguement for not doing it?

The way i see it:

- Special captains are better than others, you can now use him on all premiums

- Leveling one captain to 21 is easier than half a dozen

- you can move the other 19 pt captains to silver ships

Alltho i assume, points 2 and 3 dont matter to you...

[SHAD]
Players
3,285 posts
13,444 battles

Mainz and Hindenburg would probably benefit most as 100 hits can come quite early in the battle.

Sign in to follow this