Todeskult

Baltimore captain skills & perks

4 comments in this topic

[COMA]
Players
251 posts
14,785 battles

Hello.

I need some advise and council what next skill(s) to choose for Baltimore captain.

Currently I got pretty much standard selection for this line (see the picture). How should I spend the next 4 available points?

I thought about Demolition Expert, but 15% fire chance is decent enough I guess, so maybe Adrenaline Rush and Expert Loader?

shot-21.01.01_02.19.52-0474.jpg

[EUTF]
Players
330 posts
7,447 battles

I will take Expert loader first cause usa heavy AP is great to have when you see someone broadside and AR is also great

After it DE can be good but depends if you move the captain to Des Moines or keep it on Balti

Anyways Skill system will change soon to the worst so you can experiment :)

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
2,027 posts
14,988 battles

I would recommend Adrenaline Rush next as the reload benefit of the skill is really very strong for a 2 point skill.

Expert Loader next, as the US CA line has very good AP and being able to swap to it quickly (especially on cruisers like DM or with a special US commander with improved expert loader) will let you punish broadsides when theyre shown to you.

After that, the last points toward 19 I'd recommend Jack of all Trades for the more frequent repair/radar/dcp, Preventative Maintenance comes in handy, particularly against people who choose to try and knock out your guns because theyre the only weapons most US cruisers have, and then Demolition Expert last because extra fire chance doesnt really hurt and there are not a lot of other valuable skills left.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,440 posts
4,734 battles
On 1/1/2021 at 2:41 AM, Todeskult said:

Hello.

I need some advise and council what next skill(s) to choose for Baltimore captain.

Currently I got pretty much standard selection for this line (see the picture). How should I spend the next 4 available points?

I thought about Demolition Expert, but 15% fire chance is decent enough I guess, so maybe Adrenaline Rush and Expert Loader?

shot-21.01.01_02.19.52-0474.jpg

That's a good base build. You definitely need Adrenaline rush, because the faster you fire, the better, take expert loader, because as others said, having the AP ready (with its special bounce angles) is handy, and if you are going to skip demo expert (I have it, I'm not so sure about needing it), I would definitely recommend getting radio location. That leaves you with two points. In which case I would go for JoaT, so that you can render utility (by which I mainly mean radar) more often.

I've been running a PT, EL, EM, AR, BFT, SI, DE, CE build on my DM captain but mainly in my Wichita. It's decent, but I'm pretty sure the BFT is a legacy pick from like 4 years ago (I also have it on my Zao cpt, so I'm suspecting it was from when AA mattered), but I just never bothered to change it. Sometimes I miss having RPF, but I'm torn on having to give up other skills than BFT for it (I like spitting fire when the need arises).

Oh and a complete aside, remember, always that you can bowtank 15" (381mm) guns with your 27mm endplating. Not from the back because your flat arse stern will eat citadels.

Sign in to follow this