Server Restart - On the 17/09 the server will be unavailable for 1 hour Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sunleader

Prinz Heinrich - P-Class Cruiser

37 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,573 posts
10,490 battles

I wonder if we will See yet another Azur Lane Collaboration ^^

Especially after Azur Lane Forwarded the "Prinz Heinrich" P-Class Panzerschiff.

P2E9AUr9oAcc_ijIFJp5XC7rTByBKoFAa-x4MB1x

This is somewhat Strange. Because usually Azur Lane sticks only to very well known Names for Paperships.

Its pretty rare for Azur Lane to Create a Blue Print Ship and give it a Name.

To be Precise. Its almost exclusively done as part of Collaborations.

Which makes me Wonder.

Are we looking towards a New Collaboration with Azur Lane there ?

And Possibly. Might we be looking at an Actual New Ship for World of Warships in the form of a P-Class Armored Cruiser ? :)

• Cool 5
  • Bad 4

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,477 posts
23,891 battles
49 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Are we looking towards a New Collaboration with Azur Lane there ?

Does the bear $h!t in the woods? Scamboxes are profitable and people keep buying them, no matter how WG tries to make them unattractive. And every 10€ scambox is pure profit for AL.

[BBMM]
[BBMM]
Players
7,289 posts
11,032 battles

I dunno mate, but if that is "Prinz Heinrich"... looks more like Heinrich had a some sort of Prince Albert done.:cap_wander_2:

• Funny 3

[4_0_4]
Players
8,340 posts
14,644 battles
5 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Its pretty rare for Azur Lane to Create a Blue Print Ship and give it a Name.

To be Precise. Its almost exclusively done as part of Collaborations.

I'd guess it's the actual lack of larger german surface ships during the 2WW.

Considering they're reaching into the Plan Z to beef up the Iron Blood roster, I could see plenty of imperial ship names getting used by AL in order to add some german flavour for their "paper" ships.

[DREAD]
Players
11,214 posts
7,597 battles

Anyone not-entirely-braindead would recognize that „Prinz Heinrich“ is an extremely inappropriate name for a nazi-proletarian phantasy vessel

[THESO]
4,573 posts
10,490 battles
55 minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

Considering they're reaching into the Plan Z to beef up the Iron Blood roster, I could see plenty of imperial ship names getting used by AL in order to add some german flavour for their "paper" ships.

Thing is. Usually they will just keep a Small Roster in that Case.

I mean hey. I am German. So if they think Including German stuff is Importand enough to not follow their usual Rules thats somewhat comforting.

But given the General Behavior I am not sure that would be the Reason.

Roon, Peter Strasser, Graf Zeppelin.

These are Commonly used Names. People know these. So its Expectable that these get used.

But Prinz Heinrich is a highly Unusual Pick because these Cruisers didnt get any Names from Official or even halfwat Official side.

40 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Anyone not-entirely-braindead would recognize that „Prinz Heinrich“ is an extremely inappropriate name for a nazi-proletarian phantasy vessel

You do Realize that almost ALL of the Larger Nazi Surface Ships were Named after High Ranking People from Prussia or the German Empire do you ????

You can consider that inappropriate. But in terms of Naming for Kriegsmarine Ships thats a Realistic guess on how the Ship might have been Named if it had ever been Build.

Or do you think Otto von Bismarck or August Neidhardt von Gneisenau etc etc would be more Appropriate for Nazi Ships ? lol

• Cool 1

[THIR]
Players
965 posts
4,701 battles

Would this be a proper ship or some lowtier premium? 'Panzerschiff' just sounds very old to me just like 'protected cruiser'.

[DREAD]
Players
11,214 posts
7,597 battles
17 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

You do Realize that almost ALL of the Larger Nazi Surface Ships were Named after High Ranking People from Prussia or the German Empire do you ????

Nope. German Noblesse desteted and still detests these Nazi-Proletarians. And the name „Prince Heinrich“ was not even close of being a Name for a nazi-proletarian ship. 

These uneducated and uncivilized idiots tried to steal some traditional Imperial names - true - but without any sorts of success. 

Any German Nobleman would easily recognize such cheap copypasta - so no: take the name back and invent some idiocy which matches your phantasy fleet 

• Funny 2

Players
1,743 posts
7,894 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Zemeritt sagte:

some ww1 german ships would be nice and be possible, because withh avora , pamiat merkuria and mikase we had ships who are such old...older the ww1 ships

Old ironblod ships with imperial german uniforsm of the imperial german marine / hochseefloote uniforms would be nice 

Kaiser,König or Bayern class as the old guard of the iron blood

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
2,018 posts
14,888 battles
18 minutes ago, Stormhawk_V said:

Would this be a proper ship or some lowtier premium? 'Panzerschiff' just sounds very old to me just like 'protected cruiser'.

Enhanced Deutschland class, basically. So, a lot like Graf Spee.

https://www.german-navy.de/kriegsmarine/zplan/panzerschiffe/kreuzerp1/index.html

image.png.ef30e2c50ad779898fbd7f12035f5f49.png

Using the larger 11"/55 calibre C/34 gun from Scharnhorst instead of the 11"/52 calibre C/28 gun that Deutschland has, as well as considerably more armor (50% thicker belt, twice as thick deck) and being almost 30% longer, rivalling the size of Scharnhorst.

Would likely be a tier 6/7.

• Cool 4

[THIR]
Players
965 posts
4,701 battles
Just now, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

Ah, so another victim ship.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
4,573 posts
10,490 battles
26 minutes ago, Stormhawk_V said:

P-Class Cruisers were effectively a more Modern Deutschland Class.

2x3 28cm Guns and a small Secondary Battery with Heavy Cruiser Armor.  Decent Speed of 33 Knots. And Torps to Boot.

Assuming it would get the same Damage and Penetration Values as Scharnhorst. It could easily be a T8 or even T9 thanks to the Cruiser Dispersion.

19 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Nope. German Noblesse desteted and still detests these Nazi-Proletarians. And the name „Prince Heinrich“ was not even close of being a Name for a nazi-proletarian ship. 

These uneducated and uncivilized idiots tried to steal some traditional Imperial names - true - but without any sorts of success. 

Any German Nobleman would easily recognize such cheap copypasta - so no: take the name back and invent some idiocy which matches your phantasy fleet 

Sure. Thats what they Say now.

Strangely enough not a few of them gave Hefty Donations to the Nazis before they got into Power.

Not that it Matters. The Fact is that the Nazis used their Names. As such using their Names for Blueprint Ships in a Game is Appropriate.

Them liking that or not is really not Relevant.

2 minutes ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

Enhanced Deutschland class, basically. So, a lot like Graf Spee.

https://www.german-navy.de/kriegsmarine/zplan/panzerschiffe/kreuzerp1/index.html

image.png.ef30e2c50ad779898fbd7f12035f5f49.png

Using the larger 11"/55 calibre C/34 gun from Scharnhorst instead of the 11"/52 calibre C/28 gun that Deutschland has, as well as considerably more armor (50% thicker belt, twice as thick deck) and being almost 30% longer, rivalling the size of Scharnhorst.

I would actually Rate it T8/9 to be Honest.

Even Graf Spee could easily be T8 if they gave it the According HP and Reload.

The Guns are Stronger than almost any Cruiser Gun in T8 and the Armor of Graf Spee is already on Par with Admiral Hipper if not Stronger.

The P-Class has even better Armor and comes with Increased Deck Armor of up to 70mm which means its basicly on par with the Russian T9-10 Cruisers.

So the P-Class honestly said could easily make for a T9 Supercruiser if WG gave it the Shorter Fuse from the Scharnhorst Guns and a Decent Reload for the 2x3 Guns.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
2,018 posts
14,888 battles
13 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

The Guns are Stronger than almost any Cruiser Gun in T8 and the Armor of Graf Spee is already on Par with Admiral Hipper if not Stronger.

The P-Class has even better Armor and comes with Increased Deck Armor of up to 70mm which means its basicly on par with the Russian T9-10 Cruisers.

So the P-Class honestly said could easily make for a T9 Supercruiser if WG gave it the Shorter Fuse from the Scharnhorst Guns and a Decent Reload for the 2x3 Guns.

You might be right, if it got that armor which I think is somewhat doubtful. Not sure about tier 9, I don't see how it could perform with so few, small guns even with shorter fuses. Odin and Agir already have 9x 305mm guns at tiers 8 and 9, 6x 283mm guns would need some phenominal enhancement or <10s reload time which would not make much sense. Siegfried has the same battery as Gneisenau and is two tiers higher. P-class has a worse battery than Scharnhorst so I doubt it would also be two tiers higher.

An accurate P-class could very well be a tier 8, its size and low speed make the increased armor less of an advantage, the guns and the shells they fire are not significantly more powerful than Spees and in no greater quantity. It's secondaries are no better than Spees, two centerline twin turrets instead of 4 singles either side, it's torpedoes are placed amidship where they will probably have worse arcs and are more vulnerable, and its AA is only different by having 2 extra 105mm guns while losing all ten 20mm guns. An actual ingame version of this should would probably have reinforced AA and less deck armor (less than 50mm) and sounds like something that might struggle even at tier 8. It might have very high HP though, potentially more than 50k, based on its displacement.

Having thought about it, perhaps the first tier 8 super cruiser?

[THIR]
Players
965 posts
4,701 battles

So a German 6 gun cruiser at T8 in a world where cruisers cannot boost their secondaries. Why not just get Mainz instead and enjoy actual DPM? Unless ofc it gets removed because it's 'too popular'.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
28,025 battles
12 hours ago, Sunleader said:

I

P2E9AUr9oAcc_ijIFJp5XC7rTByBKoFAa-x4MB1x

[edited] looks not bad.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,899 posts
20,008 battles
6 hours ago, Sunleader said:

2x3 28cm Guns and a small Secondary Battery with Heavy Cruiser Armor.  Decent Speed of 33 Knots. And Torps to Boot.

Assuming it would get the same Damage and Penetration Values as Scharnhorst. It could easily be a T8 or even T9 thanks to the Cruiser Dispersion.

Tier VII cruiser with a choice of main armament - Graf Spee 283 C/28s with an 18 second reload and fast traverse (22.5s) or 2 x Scharnhorst equivalents, plus beefed up Tier VII CA armour and the Spee extras (heal, hydro, spotter) would be a nice addition to the line, that would slot in well between Spee and Agir/etc. Plus a quick wartime bodge for Tier VIII with 3 x Spee turrets? 

[THESO]
4,573 posts
10,490 battles
10 hours ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

You might be right, if it got that armor which I think is somewhat doubtful. Not sure about tier 9, I don't see how it could perform with so few, small guns even with shorter fuses. Odin and Agir already have 9x 305mm guns at tiers 8 and 9, 6x 283mm guns would need some phenominal enhancement or <10s reload time which would not make much sense. Siegfried has the same battery as Gneisenau and is two tiers higher. P-class has a worse battery than Scharnhorst so I doubt it would also be two tiers higher.

An accurate P-class could very well be a tier 8, its size and low speed make the increased armor less of an advantage, the guns and the shells they fire are not significantly more powerful than Spees and in no greater quantity. It's secondaries are no better than Spees, two centerline twin turrets instead of 4 singles either side, it's torpedoes are placed amidship where they will probably have worse arcs and are more vulnerable, and its AA is only different by having 2 extra 105mm guns while losing all ten 20mm guns. An actual ingame version of this should would probably have reinforced AA and less deck armor (less than 50mm) and sounds like something that might struggle even at tier 8. It might have very high HP though, potentially more than 50k, based on its displacement.

Having thought about it, perhaps the first tier 8 super cruiser?

Dont Forget its also 33 Knots of Speed. Thats pretty fast for a Heavy Cruiser.

And Yes. Deck Armor goes up to 70mm which is pretty Strong for a Cruiser. Actually even most BBs would be Happy having Armored Decks like that.

But more Importandly. One Simple Adjustment would make it pretty Viable even for T9. Which would be if it Gets Standard Cruiser Fire and Flooding Durations instead of Supercruiser Durations.

Because with that Armor and the Heavy Guns it would then be way more Tanky than Ägir for example.

Then again. I do actually like the Idea of an T8 Supercruiser.

Albeit I Personally would actually like to See a Complete German Armored Cruiser Line.

Graf Spee is currently T7 but I actually think if they Implemented "Deutschland" it could be T7 without any Problems. Some more HP a bit Shorter Reload and its basicly an Excellent T7. Especially with the Heal and Torps staying around.

On T8 they could use the D-Class Cruisers. Which still Retain the Pretty slow Reloading Short Barreled 28cm Guns but which have Quite Thick Armor of up to 220mm Belt and a quite Sizable Secondary Battery. Albeit that with the New Skill Update might be a bit less Enticing.

On T9 the P-Class Cruiser would be added with Scharnhorst Guns and maybe a 18 Second Reload which would make them Pretty Strong actually.

On T10 they could actually use a Fantasy P-Class. Because there was Ideas to Build P-Class Cruisers with Quad Turrets instead of Triple Turrets if would have had them Available. As such it could easily be given Quad Turrets by WG thus giving them some more Firepower.

Albeit I dont see that Happening right now.

WG is too Money Focused Currently.

And Armored Cruisers are good Material for Premiums unfortunately....

7 hours ago, Toni112007 said:

Disliked because of a weeb picture.

Disliked because of boring comment

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,477 posts
23,891 battles

Looking at the AL event it's more of a case of AL dipping into existing plans:

-Weser - Converted Seydlitz

-Strasser/Aircraft Carrier B

-Z24

-Z28

-Nürnberg

-U-37

Sure P-Class is the most far out of them, but it doesn't point towards a new collab.

• Cool 1

Players
8,474 posts
9,386 battles
1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

Looking at the AL event it's more of a case of AL dipping into existing plans:

-Weser - Converted Seydlitz

-Strasser/Aircraft Carrier B

-Z24

-Z28

-Nürnberg

-U-37

Sure P-Class is the most far out of them, but it doesn't point towards a new collab.

We also got Suruga and Kii before, so non-existing ships outside collab aren't new. Wouldn't say no to Kraut bunny cruiser (unless WG gives utterly dumb pricing/performance), but wouldn't expect anything. 

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,477 posts
23,891 battles
32 minutes ago, HaachamaShipping said:

We also got Suruga and Kii before, so non-existing ships outside collab aren't new. Wouldn't say no to Kraut bunny cruiser (unless WG gives utterly dumb pricing/performance), but wouldn't expect anything. 

Very likely. Last few collabs the 1st collab skins/captains were only available in overpriced packs. Made decide against buying.

[THESO]
4,573 posts
10,490 battles
12 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Nvm

I understand your Frustration.

I am fairly sure that Otto von Bismarck would not have wanted his Name to be used for a Nazi Battleship either.

And very likely neither would have Tirpitz.

But Reality is that the Kriegsmarine preferred to Name their Larger Surface Ships after German Heroes and Nobles.

• Cool 2

Players
8,474 posts
9,386 battles
On 1/1/2021 at 5:50 PM, Sunleader said:

But Reality is that the Kriegsmarine preferred to Name their Larger Surface Ships after German Heroes and Nobles.

In all fairness, while nobility was no dealbreaker for KM names, naming ships after members of the Imperial family wouldn't fly with the NS regime given that they would be very careful about anything encouraging monarchism.