Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ronchabale

So, i have the coal

31 comments in this topic

[RODS]
Players
1,962 posts
7,828 battles

Is Yoshino worth it ? (I kinda liked the Zao)

Have all the other coal ships worth naming

Marceau ? 

(I have Kuznetsov)

Save the coal for after the captain rework ?

[CHAR]
Players
159 posts
2,565 battles

Thunderer is probably a better Yoshino is all I can say. Yoshino just kinda sucks.

[RODS]
Players
1,962 posts
7,828 battles
8 minutes ago, Phayk said:

Thunderer is probably a better Yoshino is all I can say. Yoshino just kinda sucks.

Have all other coal ships but the Marceau

Thinking along the line of saving the coal if anything good is in the pipeline

Players
1,280 posts
10,220 battles

Yoshino seems ... divisive. I really like her, and so do many others. 

I think if you like the Zao you're safe buying her.

• Cool 3

[VIBES]
Players
1,220 posts
22,939 battles

I don't have the Yoshino, so I can't comment.

However, I have the Azuma, I like her, and I think some reviews don't do her justice. Yes, her armor is worse than the Yoshino's, and she doesn't get those trollish torps, but she has a much faster-reloading heal and she sees easier matchmaking, so maybe you can find her an acceptable surrogate, if you have the necessary Free XP.

Frankly, I'd save the coal for a special captain or one of the expensive T9 DDs (Z-44 & Neustrashimy).

• Cool 1

Players
2,147 posts
16,474 battles
2 minutes ago, tocqueville8 said:

I don't have the Yoshino, so I can't comment.

However, I have the Azuma, I like her, and I think some reviews don't do her justice. Yes, her armor is worse than the Yoshino's, and she doesn't get those trollish torps, but she has a much faster-reloading heal and she sees easier matchmaking, so maybe you can find her an acceptable surrogate, if you have the necessary Free XP.

Frankly, I'd save the coal for a special captain or one of the expensive T9 DDs (Z-44 & Neustrashimy).

Agreed on Azuma - she’s a fine ship when played correctly. Now, I don’t own the Z-44 because all of the research I did on this boat pointed to the simple fact that she seems pretty bad, or at the very least, not worth the coal. If you ever played the Z-46 and thought to yourself “man I wish this ship would lose hydro and be bigger, clumsier and easier to hit, just so I can get a bit faster reloading torps” then get the 44, otherwise I’d stay away from it.

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
Just now, Captain_Newman said:

Agreed on Azuma - she’s a fine ship when played correctly. Now, I don’t own the Z-44 because all of the research I did on this boat pointed to the simple fact that she seems pretty bad, or at the very least, not worth the coal. If you ever played the Z-46 and thought to yourself “man I wish this ship would lose hydro and be bigger, clumsier and easier to hit, just so I can get a bit faster reloading torps” then get the 44, otherwise I’d stay away from it.

Or imagine having a Benham instead :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,147 posts
16,474 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Or imagine having a Benham instead :cap_haloween:

I don’t have to imagine it... imagine not playing during the Benham grind event then dropping her in a Christmas box last year :cap_cool:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
4 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

imagine not playing during the Benham grind event then dropping her in a Christmas box last year

I have the neat "The Master of the Water World" camouflage :cap_cool:

which is ugly af:Smile_sad:

2 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

What do you guys think about Marceau? It's the only tempting remaining coal option for me and I still need a bit of encouragement:cap_haloween:

I think @ForlornSailor likes her.

• Cool 2

[THIR]
Players
965 posts
4,701 battles

The IJN supercruisers aren't really good but Sad-44 is straight up trash. Marceau on the other hand is a really good HE spammer, which is basically the playstyle of an IJN cruiser.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
6,138 posts
6,610 battles
3 minutes ago, Stormhawk_V said:

The IJN supercruisers aren't really good but Sad-44 is straight up trash. Marceau on the other hand is a really good HE spammer, which is basically the playstyle of an IJN cruiser.

With one notable exception: Good luck finding a IJN cruiser that can hit 50 knots.

[SM0KE]
Players
7,526 posts
16,116 battles
6 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

What do you guys think about Marceau? It's the only tempting remaining coal option for me and I still need a bit of encouragement:cap_haloween:

I think she's hilarious in Coop (and gloriously effective for missions in that mode), but my results in proper modes are more disastrous than a very disastrous thing.

My suspicion is that she's quite worthwhile if you're good with the 'glue the fire button down' approach to DD play, but very hard to do well with otherwise.

• Cool 1

Players
3,274 posts
23,882 battles

Yoshino compares in no way to Zao, which is a lot stealthier and more agile.

Save all your ressources, the coupon is good for half a year and this game is about to face the biggest mess ever in a history replete with big messes.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
7,526 posts
16,116 battles
51 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

Save the coal for after the captain rework ?

If you aren't particularly stoked for anything at the moment, there's no harm in saving it; besides seeing what damage the rework does, there will probably be one or two interesting new things along at some point (to replace the soon-to-be-removed ships).

If it doesn't *have* to be a T10, Neustrashimy (on the basis of only a few games, admittedly) is pretty good, and - as a full premium - an excellent silver earner.

[RODS]
Players
1,962 posts
7,828 battles
10 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

If you aren't particularly stoked for anything at the moment, there's no harm in saving it; besides seeing what damage the rework does, there will probably be one or two interesting new things along at some point (to replace the soon-to-be-removed ships).

Since the Yoshino isn´t gonna be removed (soon) I think I may well save and see 

10 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

If it doesn't *have* to be a T10, Neustrashimy (on the basis of only a few games, admittedly) is pretty good, and - as a full premium - an excellent silver earner.

Neustrashimy isn´t om my list of available options

shot-20_12_31_19_31.18-0272.thumb.jpg.d6017a6bbb3609d051de19b82d552db0.jpg

[WRV]
Players
264 posts
536 battles

With the Capt-Skill-rework in mind why would you go for a Cruiser, let alone a Supercruiser!?

Thunderer: HE-Spam for the bow-on-sniperfest and i-overmatch-you-lolpen-AP for every cruiser which is stupid enough to support the DD and doesnt snipe from 20km away...

[ALYEN]
Players
2,992 posts
4,466 battles
47 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

I have Marceau and like her a lot. I am not good with the ship but when played correctly she has great potential ...

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,992 posts
4,466 battles
21 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

Since the Yoshino isn´t gonna be removed (soon) I think I may well save and see 

Neustrashimy isn´t om my list of available options

shot-20_12_31_19_31.18-0272.thumb.jpg.d6017a6bbb3609d051de19b82d552db0.jpg

Neustra is in the Featured category (Star up top) and not in ships ... however you cannot use a coupon on her yet, have to wait till 10.1 IIRC.

• Cool 1

[RODS]
Players
1,962 posts
7,828 battles
5 minutes ago, Adm_Andre said:

With the Capt-Skill-rework in mind

Yeah the rework..

why would you go for a Cruiser, let alone a Supercruiser!?

Kite and burn :Smile_trollface:

Thunderer: HE-Spam for the bow-on-sniperfest and i-overmatch-you-lolpen-AP for every cruiser which is stupid enough to support the DD and doesnt snipe from 20km away...

I Have all the other coal ships

Thunderer, Georgia, Smolensk, Salem, Benham, Missouri, Musashi, Kronstadt, JB, Freisland, Pommern, Alaska

etc.

Should I get the Yoshino or Marceau or wait and see 

Players
2,147 posts
16,474 battles
1 minute ago, Ronchabale said:

Should I get the Yoshino or Marceau or wait and see 

I'd personally get the Neus over Marceau, and she is available, you just looked at the wrong category - check the top most menu in the armory, called "fetaured". She is quite expensive, though.

• Cool 2

[RODS]
Players
1,962 posts
7,828 battles
2 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Neustra is in the Featured category (Star up top) and not in ships ... however you cannot use a coupon on her yet, have to wait till 10.1 IIRC.

Ok, thanks, now I can see it

296k coal is a bit steep tho (dont have that much)

Think I am gonna w8 and C

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this