Server Restart - On the 17/09 the server will be unavailable for 1 hour Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Verblonde

Half price premium account.

29 comments in this topic

[SM0KE]
Players
7,484 posts
15,973 battles

In case anyone has missed it, a year of premium time is available for half price in both the Armory [sic] and the premium shop (33.70 UKP in the latter).

This, naturally, assumes that anyone has sufficient delusional optimism to think that the game will still be playable in twelve months' time (captain rework, submarines etc.), but anyway...

• Cool 5
  • Funny 9

[G-O-M]
Players
1,027 posts
11,712 battles
4 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

delusional optimism to think that the game will still be playable in twelve months' time

Note the continual advertising for the player base to spend money.

• Cool 1

Players
34 posts
2,760 battles
8 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

This, naturally, assumes that anyone has sufficient delusional optimism to think that the game will still be playable in twelve months' time (captain rework, submarines etc.), but anyway...

My thoughts exactly..

While it's certainly a compelling offer, the thought of the upcoming captain rework, subs, CVs etc. is kinda putting me off 

Well, I have 69 days of prem. time anyway, I'll stick with that for the time being

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
7,484 posts
15,973 battles
6 minutes ago, Pen_Me_Daddy said:

the thought of the upcoming captain rework, subs, CVs etc. is kinda putting me off 

I agree with you, but I've gone and done it anyway; I strongly suspect that this will be me covered until the end of my time playing the game though.

I hope I'm wrong, but have a nasty feeling I'm not.

Players
190 posts
23,893 battles

I’ve bought these offers in the past but this year? No thanks....subs, cvs and a captain skill rework whose only function is to gouge you into more grinding. 

[DREAD]
Players
11,216 posts
7,597 battles
14 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I agree with you, but I've gone and done it anyway; I strongly suspect that this will be me covered until the end of my time playing the game though.

Relax and let’s see :-)

Its been doomsday so many times. After every break I came back and had new fun.

Renewed the prem as well.

• Cool 2

[ANV]
Players
582 posts
5,050 battles
41 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Ugh, dont say that dude

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,323 posts
16,109 battles

Somehow I've still got 582 days left.

I always thought that subs may be the final nail in the coffin for me playing this game but hearing about that captain rework (where for some builds a 21 point captain will perform the same as a 19 point captain) may well beat subs.

It's a no from me this year.

• Cool 2

Players
2,960 posts
16,082 battles

Since I had some of doubloons left I've got 1y premium. Still better then one t8 ship or whatever stupid :etc_swear:.

Premium time will help me to grind subs faster and to be a menace to both teams at the same time - clearly it's a  win win scenario:cap_haloween:

(If I can't have fun, lets ruin it for all at least:Smile_trollface:)

But that is only if those subs will be at least as fun and engaging as CVs or those boring new US BBs. Otherwise I can't see myself struggling through lines. I know that I am probably going to be disappointed here.

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,966 posts
20,894 battles

I considered it for a second, but commander skill rework made me decide, i'd rather wipe my a** with the money and flush it down the toilet.

Way more value for my money.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,323 posts
16,109 battles
23 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

I considered it for a second, but commander skill rework made me decide, i'd rather wipe my a** with the money and flush it down the toilet.

Beer and pizza is the alternative!

[SHAD]
Players
4,399 posts
16,351 battles
38 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

In the UK we now have plastic bank notes.

They don’t absorb anything and they will clog up your pipe work.

:cap_hmm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[LADA]
Players
745 posts
9,554 battles
27 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

Beer and pizza is the alternative!

Or rather a significant amount of chocolate. Die round and happy!

Beta Tester
950 posts
3,535 battles

Was rather lucky managed to get 90 days free prem from free crates but apart from that I wont be spending a penny till they sort CVs and reconsider the crappy captain rework.

• Cool 2

[LUZ1]
Players
1,878 posts
15,427 battles
4 hours ago, Verblonde said:

In case anyone has missed it, a year of premium time is available for half price in both the Armory [sic] and the premium shop (33.70 UKP in the latter).

You got paid for this post? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[SM0KE]
Players
7,484 posts
15,973 battles
2 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

You got paid for this post? :Smile_trollface:

Alas, no. I did think about not bothering to remind people at all, but thought that there may still be a few souls about whose cynicism vis-a-vis WG has yet to reach my levels. These sorts of offers have tended to get pulled quite quickly in the past...

If WG do want to pay me, they could most usefully do so for fixing their appalling marketing copy; I could produce English copy for things like BF crates and Satan boxes that reduced complaints by at least 75% in about five minutes. Without trying very hard. With a hangover of such epic proportions that it could be clearly observed from Pluto.

[RODS]
Players
1,957 posts
7,826 battles
7 hours ago, Verblonde said:

Ok so I now have 582 days of premium

Great choice them "Falcon" beers

(more money than brain)

• Funny 2

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles

a year of premium?

no thanks, i learned my lesson , i'll be sniping the occasional premium time  in a when needed basis.

there are no strings on me

[BBMM]
[BBMM]
Players
7,289 posts
11,032 battles
4 hours ago, gopher31 said:

In the UK we now have plastic bank notes.

They don’t absorb anything and they will clog up your pipe work.

:cap_hmm:

has been the same in Australia and some other countries for decennia,

but you can always convert to coins, and then scrape with those.... :cat_cool:

[1FA]
Beta Tester
29 posts
6,950 battles

I've stopped buying anything WG have to offer. Didn't even buy crates on WoT, which I did ever since they were introduced. 
Stopped playing there because of "special" ammo spammage in every tier played.

Here, the overpowered CV, now captain "rework" and introducing the submarines... Not looking good. WG enjoys rebalancing.

[_I_]
Players
1,482 posts
21,458 battles
8 hours ago, Verblonde said:

Or wishes to spend real money to the openings-found-behind that decides things in this game!

[JRM]
Players
8,225 posts

I have better part of a year remaining, not buying prem time, i dont even remember when i last bought some directly...

Sign in to follow this