Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
verx89

How can i be sure in Wows nobody arent cheating ?

58 comments in this topic

[TAYTO]
Players
1 post
4,987 battles

If  i put a smoke and moving in smoke , but some players know really good where i am in smoke or i am to paranoia :) 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,100 posts
17,361 battles

As most stuff is run server side, they'd need to have access to server processes to cheat.

Then again, show us a replay of the event and we can explain what happened.

Players
1,171 posts
21,744 battles

Havent heard of such a Cheat. 

Its all about prediction and it gets a lot easier for the opponent if he has a spotter Plane.

So watch out for those!

[XTREM]
Players
4,262 posts
11,624 battles
6 minutes ago, verx89 said:

If  i put a smoke and moving in smoke , but some players know really good where i am in smoke or i am to paranoia :) 

When you get more battles and better at the game you will understand how they do it. 

• Cool 7

[CATS]
Players
28,796 posts
15,091 battles
7 minutes ago, verx89 said:

• there is no cheat for that
  • when you shoot from smoke or were visible before you smoked up, some people can guess your location quite well
  • Cool 5

[SHAFT]
Players
11,622 posts
9,692 battles
10 minutes ago, verx89 said:

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Players
864 posts
5,777 battles
49 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • when you shoot from smoke or were visible before you smoked up, some people can guess your location quite well

True, you can practice shooting smoked up targets. The first time I was able to nail someone by more than just dumb luck felt glorious. I have not tried it (yet) myself, but some people use spotter plane to help them with that.

OP might also have forgotten the smoke firing penalty.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,382 posts
14,906 battles
1 hour ago, verx89 said:

some players know really good where i am in smoke

It comes with practice; it's not that they *know* where you are, but rather that they can make good educated guesses, based on things like which ship you have and what you were doing before you vanished (speed/course etc.).

Also, as mentioned earlier, when you fire, the distance you can be 'hard' spotted from increases (dramatically, in some cases; basically, the bigger your guns, the greater the increase), plus it's possible to guess a ship's approximate location when it fires from its tracers.

The other thing, of course, is radar/hydro, although you get the very obvious 'detected' icons on your screen in those cases.

• Cool 3

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,276 posts
5,706 battles
1 hour ago, verx89 said:

Repeat after me "just because we can't see them, doesn't mean we can't hit them"

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,642 posts
59 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

IIRC the 'fire' in smoke is randomized (except for AA), so it's not reliable per se, however as most people either stop in smoke or start to back up remembering their last position helps you to guess where they might be at least for a few seconds right after they go in smoke.

I love sending torps into smoke, sadly too many people have picked up on the dangers of sitting in smoke these days. :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
1,317 posts
20,088 battles
50 minutes ago, verx89 said:

Aim at the origin of tracers coming from the smoke or where a shell (or torpedo) has previously hit, use spotter plane for better angle of vision and have last known position active on minimap while guess-aiming using the minimap as the videos @DFens_666 posted show. Minimap aim is also useful against ships outside your visual range during a cyclone, so better have it with a reasonably big size.

Salute.

P.S.: The matter of the minimap reminded me of a Youtube video I can't find right now. Long story short, the streamer guy was asked to play with opaque minimap scaled up to the maximum, hiding everything and only aiming using the circle. He ended up within the top 3 of his team IIRC.

• Cool 2

Players
864 posts
5,777 battles
1 minute ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

IIRC the 'fire' in smoke is randomized (except for AA), so it's not reliable per se, however as most people either stop in smoke or start to back up remembering their last position helps you to guess where they might be at least for a few seconds right after they go in smoke.

I love sending torps into smoke, sadly too many people have picked up on the dangers of sitting in smoke these days. :Smile_sad:

Depends. IIRC if people ‘ripple’ fire, the randomized bit is minimized, and it more or less allows you to guess where the middle of the ship is. Not sure which fire mode has this effect, could be one of the others.

• Cool 1

[_I_]
Players
709 posts
19,384 battles
15 minutes ago, Dutchy_2019 said:

True, you can practice shooting smoked up targets.

If you have a spamming ship, and nothing better to do, its not that hard to slowly rain fire on the last postition and eventually have shells start to hit. Works well in mino vs mino..

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,276 posts
5,706 battles
2 minutes ago, Nibenay78 said:

If you have a spamming ship, and nothing better to do, its not that hard to slowly rain fire on the last postition and eventually have shells start to hit. Works well in mino vs mino..

Atlanta/Flint vs each other as well..

Players
2,349 posts
14,310 battles
16 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

IIRC the 'fire' in smoke is randomized (except for AA),

If you mean tracers then it's opposite-aa tracers are randomised, gun tracers are not, but if you mean shooting into smoke is randomised, it's true, dispersion is bigger but it can help sometimes, and you can cheat by locking on some target behind and adjusting aim.

• Cool 4

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,503 posts
11,003 battles

As I have stated when it was first added as a mod. The little circle on map should be illegal. It is not healthy for the game. If they can (and many people can, including sometimes me) shoot the ship based on the tracers than it is skill and congrats. But adjusting your icon on a paper doesn't require skill but dumbs down the game itself. Smoke fire penalty is already punishing for many ships, combined with the number of radar and this... I think this is not healthy for the game therefore should be eliminated and banned.

[I-J-N]
Players
5,642 posts
34 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

If you mean tracers then it's opposite-aa tracers are randomised, gun tracers are not, but if you mean shooting into smoke is randomised, it's true, dispersion is bigger but it can help sometimes, and you can cheat by locking on some target behind and adjusting aim.

Okay, thanks for the correction. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[TOHOU]
Players
63 posts
3,741 battles

yes you are in smoke , but people can see where your shells leave your barrels , if you pop smoke and stay still , its an easy area for people to predict where you are or where you move

[PLCTS]
Players
21 posts
4,264 battles

If you turn on your smoke while undetected it's very hard for an opponent to hit you. On the other hand if you were detected when turning on smoke and went undetected later you're in trouble because it's very easy to aim on your last seen position on the minimap while zoomed in. You can't believe how precisely you can aim that way. That's why you should always move away from your last seen position and never be a sitting duck inside smoke.

[VIBES]
Players
359 posts
17,664 battles

They can go by your muzzle flashes, or just guess, but the tiny circle on the minimap helps as well, especially with the vertical aiming.

Shooting a target you don't see, or one you see but on which you don't have target lock (the 'X' key), will make your dispersion worse, but with a lot of shells you can still get some hits, and sometimes that's all you need.

The same thing can be done in cyclone: the other day, in the Ibuki, I set 2-3 fires on targets I was too far away from, but which my teammates could see. I used that minimap trick. It didn't really help us winning the game, but it was pretty funny, and something I'd never tried before.

Still, even if you aim really well (it takes some practice) you're still only about 10-20% as effective as you would be with regular spotting.

• Cool 1

Players
864 posts
5,777 battles
1 hour ago, Nibenay78 said:

True, though that has yet to happen to me as I have yet to learn the trick of playing Atlanta properly. I have had ‘smoke’ kills with Mainz in Co-op, and with BB’s on DD’s and cruisers in randoms. 

To some extent it feels a bit similar to learning to (semi-)blind fire over islands.

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
2,107 posts
8,371 battles

When your smoking up its very obvious its a ship doing that since smoke doesn't just happen.

Also if your firing and your broadside to the enemy he can see the shells appear once they exit the barrel (its a dumb mechanic) and depending on where they appear you can very accurately determine the exact location of where the ship is and how high you need to aim to hit it dead on.

And of course dropping smoke tends to draw in other ships to gain that stealth bonus so if your in a DD and its happening in torpedo range its very easy to catch some easy hits.

[_I_]
Players
709 posts
19,384 battles
2 hours ago, Dutchy_2019 said:

True, though that has yet to happen to me as I have yet to learn the trick of playing Atlanta properly. I have had ‘smoke’ kills with Mainz in Co-op, and with BB’s on DD’s and cruisers in randoms. 

To some extent it feels a bit similar to learning to (semi-)blind fire over islands.

I had it happen playing mino just yesterday, and another mino and me rammed into each others vision range and both smoked up asap at about 9km. He started spamming somone else while i started spamming at his shells. My aim was really off but in this ship - shells are cheap... so after holding down the button some 10 seconds, i startee scoring hits. The guy backed out of his own smoke and promptly got nuked by something big.

[NED]
Players
2,107 posts
8,371 battles
2 minutes ago, Nibenay78 said:

I had it happen playing mino just yesterday, and another mino and me rammed into each others vision range and both smoked up asap at about 9km. He started spamming somone else while i started spamming at his shells. My aim was really off but in this ship - shells are cheap... so after holding down the button some 10 seconds, i startee scoring hits. The guy backed out of his own smoke and promptly got nuked by something big.

That is how you do it :cap_rambo:  (well not exactly but close enough :Smile_medal:)

[OLEUM]
Players
111 posts
11,833 battles

When your loading up your shitty useless fighter plane on your new ship be it T10 or lower.....remember citadels on smoked up ships are easier in 3d (spotter plane) than 2d :)

Sign in to follow this