Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ronchabale

This

19 comments in this topic

[RODS]
Players
1,589 posts
7,701 battles

12 captured or assists ? LoL  (Has anyone ever achieved this ?)

Maybe 12 "defended" 

shot-20_12.30_14_12.10-0675.thumb.jpg.896cf777ac0c51a264cb73fd8663557d.jpg

Players
1,964 posts
8,407 battles
2 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

Maybe 12 "defended" 

20201227_101937_PVSC507-Nueve-de-Julio-1951_46_Estuary.wowsreplay

You can make 10 defended and 2 capture assist. By the way, all of the "shortcut" missions are quite insane. Later you'll see stuff like get 2800 baseXP in one battle.

[RODS]
Players
1,589 posts
7,701 battles
2 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

You can make 10 defended and 2 capture assist. By the way, all of the "shortcut" missions are quite insane. Later you'll see stuff like get 2800 baseXP in one battle.

I kind of realised that after posting but I let it stand

Players
959 posts

The missions are just a Pain in the :etc_swear: to get a Turd like the Poizen, Another 2020 Meh Ship I've got all the Coupons and stil I don't want anything out of the premium shop as I said Meh.

[CAIN]
Players
4,805 posts
20,033 battles
19 minutes ago, Maris_Piper said:

The missions are just a Pain in the :etc_swear: to get a Turd like the Poizen, Another 2020 Meh Ship I've got all the Coupons and stil I don't want anything out of the premium shop as I said Meh.

The missions are a bit on the grindy side, but we had worse, much, much worse in the past.

In a couple of days, all the TIX premiums will be available in the armory for dubloons. 

Unless you have them, spend some dubloons with coupons there.

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,257 posts
11,564 battles
55 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

Maybe 12 "defended" 

It means, 12 of any combination is good for a pass.. 

you don't need to get 12 of one to complete that mission. 

[RODS]
Players
1,589 posts
7,701 battles
2 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

It means, 12 of any combination is good for a pass.. 

you don't need to get 12 of one to complete that mission. 

Yes, I know, realised after I had posted

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,276 posts
5,706 battles

Park yourself just outside a cap you know they'll be coming for and you can get those defended ribbons easy.

Players
314 posts
7,431 battles

With the lack of awareness, common sense or knowledge of the mode by the regular standard battle player, just sit near your own cap and you are guaranteed the chance to get very close to a dozen defended ribbons, mainly as your team dies one by one while attacking up the A line. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
1,971 posts
19,672 battles

Its the same with the Honorable Service campaign mission 3 (get 10 defended ribbons in a single battle) or Yamamoto campaign (mission 5 task 3 and that one requires 12 resets in cruisers) just jump in a DD charge up to a cap and keep re setting any poor devil trying to cap it, its ideal if an enemy BB happens to go into the cap or your team lemming train away from said cap so you don't have to worry about teammates doing the resetting. 

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,276 posts
5,706 battles
1 minute ago, lovelacebeer said:

Its the same with the Honorable Service campaign mission 3 (get 10 defended ribbons in a single battle) just jump in a DD charge up to a cap and keep re setting any poor devil trying to cap it, its ideal if an enemy BB happens to go into the cap or your team lemming train away from said cap so you don't have to worry about teammates doing the resetting. 

Just remember to not shoot said enemy too quick or he won't get enough points for your ribbons.

• Cool 2

Players
864 posts
5,777 battles
1 hour ago, lafeel said:

Just remember to not shoot said enemy too quick or he won't get enough points for your ribbons.

Yup, in Friesland it will not work, unless you can switch targets. German DD’s you can fire almost continuously. I think my record - in Co-op - is 16 resets in one of the American DDs. And that was WITH competition for those cap resets.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,276 posts
5,706 battles
2 minutes ago, Dutchy_2019 said:

Yup, in Friesland it will not work, unless you can switch targets. German DD’s you can fire almost continuously. I think my record - in Co-op - is 16 resets in one of the American DDs. And that was WITH competition for those cap resets.

Will work just fine, just wait in between salvoes if you only have one target.

Players
3,144 posts
17,735 battles
3 hours ago, Ronchabale said:

Maybe 12 "defended" 

Easy enough to get 12 defended. 

If a BB sails into a cap and you happen to be nearly able to fire 12 volleys at it. Done.

Its a bit random like getting torp hits though.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,503 posts
11,003 battles

I don't care about the combinations. Show me a game where somebody has 12 captured ribbons, bro :D

Players
2,756 posts
21,868 battles

The key to farming Defended ribbons is to stay outside the cap while you reset the capping enemy ship. Otherwise it can't amass capping points for you to take from it.

In Co-Op, it is fairly easy, the main obstacles being the Matchmaker giving you Standard Battle instead of Domination, and the Matchmaker giving you speshul team mates who are unaware of the above factoid.

In Randoms and Ranked, it can pose a somewhat greater challenge.

Players
1,317 posts
20,088 battles

My record on defence ribbons is IIRC 27 with Leander, and it's been a while. Also long ago, there was a mission for 7 cap resets in a single battle with a BB, which I completed using Missouri. Considering my own experience, the best chances should be at T5-6 in domination with a RN CL, plenty of big slow ships there blobbing inside a cap for the farm.

Salute.

P.S.: I forgot this mission is DD-oriented. The case for lower tiers still applies though.

Sign in to follow this