You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ZaalKoris_vas_QwibQwib

Yours worst and best premium purchases of the 2020

72 comments in this topic

Players
108 posts

So as the year 2020 is nearly over let's have a fun. Let WG know what you think is best and worst Premium you could buy during 2020 Annus Horridus. 

I'll kick off with my list. I've ordered them from worst to best, because why not to do it the other way round. :Smile_teethhappy: 

1. Florida

2. Belfast '43

2. Makarov

2. Ochakiv *

2. Anshan C 

3. London

4. Dunkerque **

4. Diana ***

4. Pyotr Bagration

5. Marblehead Lima 

6. Erich Loewenhardt

7. California

7. Salem C

8. Ägir

9. München

9. Pommern C

C - Coal purchase

* - Kind of weird WG decided to use pre-revolution, imperial version Ochakov when Ochakiv was official name even during dark days of Stalinism, kind of lame decision considering current tensions. Probably that's the reasons why it's so meh^meh.

** - Repurchased after I've sold it months and months ago during my first stint.

*** - Special purchase I've made because there was a period when CC system was borked and I just wanted to test if PP still works or is that whole store. Diana is very nice ship and very happy with the purchase.

One regret, slight, is that I didn't bought Mainz, but on balance in my book PE eats Mainz for breakfast so no biggie. 

Can I request an Ägir refund now that it'll become completely worthless secondary ship in 2 weeks time? In two weeks it'll be around Dunkerque. :trollingface:

However by far most fun I had with München ($) and Pommern (C). It's irony or what, 3 best premium ships this year are German. What this game has come too????? :Smile_ohmy:

• Cool 2

[TOHOU]
Players
63 posts
3,812 battles

My best i bought so far

Massachusetts - decent us brawler , will be obsolete with commander rework sadly, Guns a re a bit wonky and no aiming system module - great credit farmer tho

Scharnhorst - T VII BB , pretty good at Narai, otherewise nice allround ship , torps have a weird spread sometimes but thats okay also 300mm guns with 20 sec reload . dont have often times when i overpen dds / light cruisers - downside is german dispersion which kinda sucks

Tirpitz - Definitly one of the better T-VIII ships , decent secondaries

Pommern: good secondaries, decent dispersion if you slot aiming system module - torps hit like a truck (Coal)

Worst:

Graf Spee : only 6 guns , horrible dispersion, torps sit on back end of the ship, easy to break them with he, only good thing was heal

When WG release commander rework , you literally cant play german ships anymore except to ram stuff xD

[SM0KE]
Players
6,411 posts
14,935 battles

Best purchases (probably, I may have forgotten something, and in no particular order):

• Smaland (free xp).
  • Orkan (money).
  • Neustrashimy (tentative - it's still early; fell out of a Satan box).
  • Cossack B (money; basically an S&M Cossack - what's not to like?!).

BTW I define 'best' as being most fun, rather than things that I'm necessarily any good in...

Players
1,982 posts
8,441 battles

Best acquisition:

Småland: I did not want to pick it up. Execute Order 66 convinced me to get it, and ooh man, this is the new shitt.

Worse acquisitions:

Anchorage: I either win the match doing minimal damage, or lose it doing a fair amount of damage. I decided to not grind for Hizen partly because of Anchorage.

Oklahoma: I shoot at a cruiser at 12km, the shells went all over the place.

• Cool 2

[DREAD]
Players
672 posts

Best:

Thunderer? Georgia? Hard decission. I think, I go with Thunderer in the end.

Worst:

Technically I think that dubious honor goes to Sims B. But then again, I just bought a package of the 2019 Black Friday containers, for 35? euro, tried my luck to get Alaska B, got her, and the mentioned Sims B and Scharnhorst B. So it isn't a premium that i "purchased". For me it was just a bonus after getting the Alaska.

Actual worst boat:

USS Oklahoma. Since I got her for completing the collection, and neither spending of cash or any ingame currency was involved, I can not list her as a "purchase".

[TSSU]
Players
189 posts

I only bought one this year (for coal, does that count?) - the Duke of York. Maybe it's because I currently have the T7 tech tree BB as well, but they're the same except for hydro vs spotter. At which point I wish I'd kept the coal.

I wanted other British/US battleships but thought they were disappearing from armoury very soon and I wouldn't have the coal - so semi panic bought (wanted Georgia) based on the "well, won't get those so may as well just get one".

Previous purchases for Doubloons are Hood and Dunk - both of which I love. However, I refuse to pay triple A game prices for a single graphic (at current costs it's mental to me) - let alone collect a ship yard full of them. I'll get premium happily enough though.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,863 posts
17,947 battles

Best: Ignis Purgatio

I know that it is just an Amagi clone with worse reload and a tiny bit more accuracy, but for me the combination of speed, armor and firepower still works splenid.

Worst: Z-39

Quite surprising, even for me but the main battery just doesn't provide enough firepower even with an enourmous health pool to back it up. Not that it is a bad ship per se, it is just not matching my playstyle.

[BIF]
Players
395 posts
5,411 battles

Best: a crate at the Summer Sale that gave me a Massa B (Honorable mentions : Georgia, Odin )

Worst : Marblehead Lima ( i didnt wanted that to drop from a Santa crate, so i bought instead )

[SPURD]
Players
747 posts
5,667 battles

Best +++ : Thunderer

Best : Wichita, Blyskawica, Scharnhorst

Meh : Azuma, Odin, Admiral Makarov

Garbage scowls : Anchorage, Tachibananas, California, Mikoyan, Kirov, E. Lowenhardt

Next moneyship I might buy would be any of Tirpiz, Mainz or Okhotnik maybe. 

[URUC]
Players
250 posts

Best:

BB: JB

CA: Mainz

DD: Sims (i'm bad in DDs, but Sims works better than others)

Worst:

for free:

BB Oklahoma

DD: Aigle (big guns but slow turret traverse)

for money:

CA London

4 minuti fa, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor ha scritto:

"Purchases"?!

Not your money.

[NMA]
Players
104 posts
4,414 battles

Pommern is going to be trash once commander skill rework kicks in. I was about to buy it waiting for discount coupon, but now, no thanks.
Best purchase? Massa, which will also get nyerked with the commander skill rework. It will still be powerful due to half cd on heal, crazy torp protection and hard to hit citadel, just less fun, because of all the things, brawling and secondaries just had to be nerfed.

Players
871 posts
5,832 battles

I think I will include ships which I ‘bought’ through crates in this list. Note that this covers an NA and EU account

Best: Lenin (as I have taken Kutuzov out only twice)

Worst: Wukong (the Chinese NY cruiser).

Best Free XP: Alaska

Worst Free XP: Nelson

Best coal: Georgia

Worst coal: Aigle

Best by other (free) means: Jean Bart (thank you Jingles!)

Worst by other (free) means: Mikasa (still fun for the occasional meme game).

Most fun: Toss up between Pommern and Jean Bart

Morally most repugnant: Toss up between Smolensk and Thunderer.

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
708 posts
19,415 battles

I've only bought premium days.

The guy above obviously gotta get gud with the Nelson, I've always found it virtually OP but you need to use the super heal.

[NWP]
Players
3,154 posts
17,390 battles
5 minutes ago, Peffers said:

The guy above obviously gotta get gud with the Nelson, I've always found it virtually OP but you need to use the super heal.

Untill you encounter BB that heard about overmatch. Then your heal means nothing.

• Cool 1

Players
871 posts
5,832 battles
5 minutes ago, Peffers said:

Note that that was for Free XP ships. There I have to choose between Alaska, Smaland, Nelson and Friesland. Between those, Nelson is for me the loser.

[SHAD]
Players
3,294 posts
13,456 battles

Best

Thunderer

Smaland

Siegfried

Paulo Emilio

Bourgogne

Worst

i can’t think of any that I really hated. 

Most of the poor ships I received were in crates.

[RONIN]
Players
478 posts
4,405 battles

Best: Jean Bart, but through black friday containers.

Worst: Florida

Best coal: Georgia

Worst steel: FDR

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
708 posts
19,415 battles
1 hour ago, 159Hunter said:

Untill you encounter BB that heard about overmatch. Then your heal means nothing.

what do want for only 375k free exp.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,154 posts
17,390 battles
14 minutes ago, Peffers said:

what do want for only 375k free exp.

So first it's OP and now it isn't? Make up your mind.