You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AngryWallace

CV on DD interaction still not fixed

20 comments in this topic

[B-B-C]
Beta Tester
19 posts
6,520 battles

Another reminder that CV on DD interaction is still not fixed. 

No I can't be bothered to post in the "official" threat, since it has 5000 pages since 1976 and nothing has changed. Change the spotting now!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

Beta Tester
950 posts
3,503 battles

Not a problem below T8 seems to be a big problem at top tier but game isn't just about top tier , DDs might want to give up something in exchange for no spotting as when you lose all your friendly DDs their pretty much invisible the rest of the game.

While i do agree a CV should not be able to spot a DD i also feel that a DD should not get aim assist.

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[2DQT]
Players
401 posts
29 minutes ago, AngryWallace said:

Another reminder that CV on DD interaction is still not fixed. 

No I can't be bothered to post in the "official" threat, since it has 5000 pages since 1976 and nothing has changed. Change the spotting now!

This is ok since the DD on BB interaction is still not fixed and secs will even be nerfed...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

Beta Tester
5,395 posts
21,804 battles
11 minutes ago, rimmer_the said:

DD on BB interaction is still not fixed

Well, one thing that WG will never be able to fix is player's brains... so there always will be straight-sailing potatoboats... :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

[2DQT]
Players
401 posts
13 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Well, one thing that WG will never be able to fix is player's brains... so there always will be straight-sailing potatoboats... :Smile_trollface:

I tried sailing like a drunk (with and without drink) It didnt keep the torpedoes away...

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
5,395 posts
21,804 battles
16 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

There is an interaction?:fish_boom:

Yes, DDs send some eels out and those BB players that deserve the title "BaBBy" go full Pokemon Trainer, thinking "I got to catch them all".

Better BB captains use WASD hack to "dodge them all" or die trying... :cap_cool:

Disclaimer: DDs played 33%, Cruisers 37%, BBs 26%, can contain traces of CVs (4%)

Just to dodge those "DD main..." accusations :cap_haloween:

[LEEUW]
Players
2,724 posts
10,347 battles
2 hours ago, MacFergus said:

a DD should not get aim assist.

how do I unlock this feature? :cap_haloween:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

[SPURD]
Players
726 posts
5,588 battles
1 minute ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Find any kriegsmarine battleship captain and torp them, it's almost like cheating :cap_rambo:

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
950 posts
3,503 battles
44 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Simply by pressing 3 to delete said BB of all its HPs or you can press 3 to make said BB give broadside to your teammates the choice is yours.

1239772146_choiceisyours.jpg.8c0936b5c4cac1d2f9e23d15ab8f9426.jpg

• Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[-DGH-]
[-DGH-]
Players
187 posts
2,804 battles
Vor 6 Stunden, rimmer_the sagte:

This is ok since the DD on BB interaction is still not fixed and secs will even be nerfed...

Vor 5 Stunden, rimmer_the sagte:

I tried sailing like a drunk (with and without drink) It didnt keep the torpedoes away...

If it would so, that DDs regularly basis score torpedo hits on BBs, they should be leading the damage stats, rights? Hilarious they aren't, but instead do in average worse damage than cruisers or battleships.

I consider myself as a good (not top, or unicorn) DD player. Though, my torpedo hit rate is lower than 7 %.

If you are hit often by torps from DDs, you doing something wrong or playing Tier 4 to Tier 6, exclusively, where DD can yolo-torp BBs.

If I playing BBs, ironically I have more problems by being attacked by torpedo-focused high tier CVs than of DDs.

• Cool 2

[R3B3L]
Players
1,105 posts
31,440 battles
8 hours ago, MacFergus said:

Hilarious.

Do you have any idea how many aid the artillery gets?

If you take away all the hidden helpers, no one would ever land a hit past 10 km.

Or do you honestly believe that the BB-snipers* would be able to compensate even for the rolling of their own ship and time their shot at the right moment?

There is a reason why BBs usually fired their salvoes once every 2-3 minutes (late in WWII once a minute) despite people claiming 

"but but but it reloaded in 30 secs, FACT!!!!!"

*Oh and starting from ca 30km on you have to count in the earth´s rotation in your aim or you would never hit the target (bc of flight time). Would love to see how players which can´t even go by e.g. NNW (navigate by compass - hello, naval game) would calculate that.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,026 posts
16,481 battles
6 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:
8 hours ago, MacFergus said:

Probably meant to say that BB have to calculate the shot, while a DD gets the 'grey/green' indicator showing lead/direction to a target ship.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[BOATY]
Players
779 posts
15,060 battles

Cv's dumping on dd's is bad, however it is a necessary evil. Now before you all throw a tantrum and spam angry face allow me to explain.

DD is probably the most important class of ship in the game. It is also the hardest ship in the game to play and even harder to master. When you look at everything the community expects a dd player to do in a match it is just overwhelming. What they bring to the battlefield however is equally as powerful. A well played dd can make the difference more often then a well played BB or CA. They can secure victory, keep the enemy spotted, and take a full health ship to 0 in one strike. In the absence of a cv in game the only real threats to a dd is another dd and a consumable that has a cool down an a limited supply that can easily be played around. Now we all know there is very little reward and some extreme risk for a dd to actively spot and or hunt other dds as doing so opens them up to counter fire from cruisers. 

So yeah a cv is nasty against a dd, however since the only other option tends to avoid the engagement it is kind of needed. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BOATY]
Players
779 posts
15,060 battles
17 minutes ago, Azalgor said:

Probably meant to say that BB have to calculate the shot, while a DD gets the 'grey/green' indicator showing lead/direction to a target ship.

It is helpful, especially on the EU dds, but those guide lines are easy to throw off by simple throttle jockeying and turning inwards.

[LUZ1]
Players
984 posts
13,230 battles
7 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

I find it does not work properly, though. I aim where the assist says I should and then I miss because the BB changes course. Is there a counter hack? :cap_haloween:

Players
72 posts
153 battles
5 minutes ago, Camperdown said:

I find it does not work properly, though. I aim where the assist says I should and then I miss because the BB changes course. Is there a counter hack? :cap_haloween:

torping from as close as the DDs detection allows to ensure the torps hit or arrive at the tightest possible spread. They are much harder to evade this way even if the BB changes course. 

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,257 posts
11,576 battles
10 hours ago, AngryWallace said:

No I can't be bothered to post in the "official" threat, since it has 5000 pages since 1976 and nothing has changed.

At least I can bother to lock yet another CV thread. 

Please use the sticky one. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2