Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Maris_Piper

Research Bureau Ships

26 comments in this topic

Players
983 posts

I've nearly got the points for a Bureau Ship not quite there for the Slave/Ohio but I was going for Siegfried or Maybe Colbert I did look at the Paulo but it jus seems the Devs thrashed it to death with studded Nerf Bats, I just bought Flint for Coal and it seems the Captain Skills Brain Fart are going to Kill Off the poor thing so I don't want to make the same mistake (Mia Culpa I thought WG would do the Right thing, How Stupid of me) again and buy another Dead Donkey, Your Advice would be welcome Folks 

Players
66 posts
7,303 battles
5 minutes ago, Maris_Piper said:

I've nearly got the points for a Bureau Ship not quite there for the Slave/Ohio but I was going for Siegfried or Maybe Colbert I did look at the Paulo but it jus seems the Devs thrashed it to death with studded Nerf Bats, I just bought Flint for Coal and it seems the Captain Skills Brain Fart are going to Kill Off the poor thing so I don't want to make the same mistake (Mia Culpa I thought WG would do the Right thing, How Stupid of me) again and buy another Dead Donkey, Your Advice would be welcome Folks 

Keep saving and get yourself into the Ohio. You won't be sorry!

• Cool 1

[LA_FR]
Players
207 posts
2,420 battles
Il y a 30 minutes, Maris_Piper a dit :

Ohio is the best choice.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,411 posts
14,935 battles
5 hours ago, Maris_Piper said:

Siegfried

As I understand it, any cruiser that smells even vaguely like a BB is going to get a kicking from the captain rework; I suspect that may well reduce Siegfried's desirability rather...

• Cool 2

Players
983 posts

I think it's going to be Ohio I don't want to take the risk again as with the Flint, she's going to be a port queen by the looks of things, I'm just going to have to finish the IJN BB line for the short fall,,, Thank You Folks what you say makes sense. I just hope they don't remove it in the next couple of weeks I'm not feeling the WG Love at the moment, Then again Who Is? :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Players
1,982 posts
8,441 battles

I was aiming for the Siegfried, too. Now, I’m not sure, might wait a few months to get the Ohio instead.

• Cool 1

[RODS]
Players
1,598 posts
7,706 battles
7 hours ago, Maris_Piper said:

I think u should take a deep breath and wait for the captain skill bomb to drop before committing a load of RB points on one ship

In any case u should wait for the Ohio

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
2,107 posts
8,378 battles

Siegfried = gneisenau Aegir = scharnhorst

I get along a lot better with the scharnhorst type of ships though for others it might the other way around.

Players
35 posts
9,240 battles

I got Ohio and now I'm sorry I won't play The Siegfried before the captain skill mess up, but well... Go for Ohio anyway, the best ship there.

Unless you're looking for some specific game style but still I wouldn't touch Colbert with a rod from a covid-safe distance. Not only it's a pew-pew low caliber spammer, but if even I could one shot it with Zao, it's obviously a ship I should stay away from.

Ohio and Siegfried are the ships of interest for me in the RB, anything else would be considered if one day I have steel I don't expect to need anytime soon.

Edited by unterbotesee
Typo

[SHAD]
Players
3,294 posts
13,449 battles

Siegfried is a great secondary cruiser but the rework is going to make it very vulnerable to fires. 

In future, Siegfried will be played as a long range sniper. If you want that, the Slava will be better at it.

Paolo Emilio is very capable and fun but in many games you will find it impossible to get a good torp run. Running and gunning works better than you might expect but a game without a Yolo run feels frustrating.

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
7 hours ago, MyAngelAkagi said:

Ohio is the best choice.

Technically yes, in practice you get "better ship per tier" with Georgia and for currency thats less annoying to accumulate.

• Cool 1

[ZEN]
Players
1,318 posts
14,217 battles
14 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Siegfried is a great secondary cruiser but the rework is going to make it very vulnerable to fires. 

In future, Siegfried will be played as a long range sniper. If you want that, the Slava will be better at it.

Paolo Emilio is very capable and fun but in many games you will find it impossible to get a good torp run. Running and gunning works better than you might expect but a game without a Yolo run feels frustrating.

On the Current PTS they have buffed the range of German cruisers, though there is no point going for Siegfried even with these changes as all it means is that now Roon and Agir get the same secondary range (I think you can get it up to 10km, still 1.5km short of before plus no manual secondaries so that is an overall nerf) so the only reason to go for Siegfried is for the guns and while they are accurate they need broadsides to work where as Agir is more versatile as switching to HE on bow in Targets still does decent damage.

• Cool 1

Players
983 posts
2 minutes ago, Panocek said:

you get "better ship per tier" with Georgia and for currency thats less annoying to accumulate.

I got myself Georgia I just thought I'd give the RB a go after watching Stats Bloke's Video, once I have got Ohio I wont go anywhere near it again to be honest I found it totally mind numbing I'm just 1.700 points away and then that will be me done with it and the ships WG are shovelling out nowadays just are not worth the effort and Shenanigans like the captain Skills Brain Fart don't give me the heart to even bother tbh

Players
10,263 posts
12,019 battles
Just now, Maris_Piper said:

I got myself Georgia I just thought I'd give the RB a go after watching Stats Bloke's Video, once I have got Ohio I wont go anywhere near it again to be honest I found it totally mind numbing I'm just 1.700 points away and then that will be me done with it and the ships WG are shovelling out nowadays just are not worth the effort and Shenanigans like the captain Skills Brain Fart don't give me the heart to even bother tbh

Given its Georgia and not Ohio that is being pulled from sale, I'd simply wait and see instead spend all the RB now.

Players
1,996 posts
19,759 battles

I only have the Ohio from the RB ships but she is fantastic and looking at the captain skill rework the Ohio only becomes more attractive. 

Players
3,146 posts
17,781 battles
10 hours ago, Maris_Piper said:

Paulo but it jus seems the Devs thrashed it to death with studded Nerf Bats,

Wait what?

its awesome. Best DD for 3v3 clanbrawl.

5 hours ago, Thorsvald said:

Wait, have they nerfed payolo since it's release?

no afaik. 

• Cool 2

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
201 posts
2 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Wait what?

its awesome. Best DD for 3v3 clanbrawl.

no afaik. 

It's true that i've been entire November AFW but i didn't notice any news about a nerf on Payolo, but they have make me doubt.

Thanks!

• Cool 1

[SPURD]
Players
746 posts
5,667 battles

I'd get Yolo Emilio because it's kinda unique. Ohio might be great but it's not like you can't just get a tech tree BB with 457's and armor.

Players
1,190 posts
21,837 battles

I would strongly advise NOT to buy any RB Ship at the moment!

Skill Rebork will change a lot of those ships. 

Colbert will get shafted due to no access to AFT.

Sigfried will loose its meme-Secondaries

Ohio Secondary build will no longer be viable.

The winners of the rebork might be Slava and partially Yolo E. 

So wait till the first dust has settled and decide then. 

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,796 posts
39,329 battles
1 hour ago, Prophecy82 said:

Sigfried will loose its meme-Secondaries

Which were even more inaacurate than German BB ones, so I didn't even bother with them. Having secondary build I had only 1200 PR, after changing the build - it has grown to 1440. 

[CAIN]
Players
4,825 posts
20,091 battles
18 hours ago, Thorsvald said:

Wait, have they nerfed payolo since it's release?

No. It's still the same yolo Emilio I love.

Ontopic. 

OP should save for Ohio.

Colbert will get nerfed with the upcoming commander skill rework, and I have no faith in WG to make the compensation "mobility" buffs any usefull.

Slava is a snipers dream, aka a toxic piece of crap.

Siegfried is the only I don't have yet, but grinding for (gotta have them all...in case WG decides one day to buff ze germans...hahahahahahahahahahahaha.).

• Cool 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,796 posts
39,329 battles
1 minute ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Colbert will get nerfed with the upcoming commander skill rework, and I have no faith in WG to make the compensation "mobility" buffs any usefull.

I wasn't using AFT on it anyway, just the module. So I think I won't feel any change. 16km is ok range imho.

shot-20.12.30_10.45.20-0761.jpg

shot-20.12.30_10.45.08-0080.jpg

Players
1,190 posts
21,837 battles
3 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

I wasn't using AFT on it anyway, just the module. So I think I won't feel any change. 16km is ok range imho.

Did the same. Then I realized how much more dakka you get using AFT, BFT and Dakka-Module.

Imho its one of the few visual differnces.

Sign in to follow this