Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yedwy

New Ranked prize system

45 comments in this topic

[JRM]
Players
7,210 posts

So I noticed now there is only 100 steel for 3 and 6 wins in Bronze respectively and the final 100/200/1000 for R1

Now question for guys that are in Silver - what do you get for the wins at which numbers and did you get the bronze prize upon the first win in Silver?

[LUZ1]
Players
1,004 posts
13,285 battles
1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

So I noticed now there is only 100 steel for 3 and 6 wins in Bronze respectively and the final 100/200/1000 for R1

Now question for guys that are in Silver - what do you get for the wins at which numbers and did you get the bronze prize upon the first win in Silver?

It is all in the game on the ranked page about rewards.

[1FA]
Players
395 posts
17,957 battles
34 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

You can see all the rewards for all leagues both in the game client and in the respective on-line article.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,024 posts
29,176 battles
1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

Yes, overall now you can get a less steel per season than before, but on the other side, new ranked should now be available almost all year unlike previous system when we had couple of seasons during one year with long pauses. So I guess, overall you could get similar amount of steel from ranked during one year.

[LEEUW]
Players
2,745 posts
10,363 battles
1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

did you get the bronze prize upon the first win in Silver?

Idk, but it should work like clanbattles right? So wins in gold count for the silver and bronze rewards as well.... 

Otherwise the system is busted since getting wins in gold is way harder than in bronze and on top of that you need more wins to get the same amount of steel....

• Cool 1

Players
1,190 posts
21,825 battles
36 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Idk, but it should work like clanbattles right? So wins in gold count for the silver and bronze rewards as well.... 

Afaik thats not the case. 

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,210 posts
50 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Otherwise the system is busted since getting wins in gold is way harder than in bronze and on top of that you need more wins to get the same amount of steel....

Thats why I asked the guys in silver, did they get anything as bronze compensation or not...

[LEEUW]
Players
2,745 posts
10,363 battles
1 hour ago, Prophecy82 said:

Afaik thats not the case. 

But then it's broken. Why would anyone in their right mind do more effort for less rewards? 

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,024 posts
29,176 battles
13 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

But then it's broken. Why would anyone in their right mind do more effort for less rewards? 

What do you mean for less rewards? You can get more steel/coal/doubloons in the Silver league than in the Bronze and more steel in Gold league than in Silver. So you can get more rewards as you progress.

• Cool 1

Players
597 posts
6,818 battles
19 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

If I can play my ships in silver without bronze potatoes and gold unicums, I'm happy. I'd pay steel for that. 

Players
1,190 posts
21,825 battles
54 minutes ago, fumtu said:

What do you mean for less rewards? You can get more steel/coal/doubloons in the Silver league than in the Bronze and more steel in Gold league than in Silver. So you can get more rewards as you progress.

Regarding Steel it´s marginal. In fact its only 900 Steel difference between doing all Sprints in bronze or going R1 in gold four times. 

Players
871 posts
5,832 battles

Personally I would argue that the rewards in Silver and Gold are too low in relation to the effort one has to put in to rank out.

• Cool 2

[CKBK]
Players
401 posts
19,422 battles

The rewards are so not worth it, i really hope they will buff the rewards, because at this state it doesn't worth my time, maybe we get those rewards because it's a test season...

Players
2,386 posts
32,145 battles

if you check the web page about rewards, you will notice;

• One can rank out in Bronze league 6 times, Silver 5 and Golden League 4 times. 
  • A ranked out Golden League player will get in total 3300 Steel, 2100 Doubloons and 24K Coal. 
  • A ranked out Silver League player without passing qualifications to Golden League will receive in total 2900 Steel, 1700 Doubloons and 16K Coal. 
  • A Bronze League player who starts and remains at Bronze League will receive in total 2400 Steel, 1200 Doubloons and 6K Coal.

So, players get more amounts of rewards the higher league they play.

Note: These numbers are per season for new ranked system and if there will be five new ranked seasons per year keep offering the same rewards each season, the total amount of rewards in terms of steel will be equal to the total amount of steel of old ranked system per year.

Beta Tester
3,491 posts
16,010 battles
2 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Why do you think a lot of people (including me) stayed in Bronze... :)

You only get the rewards for one league each Sprint, meaning that Bronze will give you 400 vs. 600 steel compared to Gold each Sprint, for just 10% of the effort.

• Cool 3

Players
871 posts
5,832 battles
40 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

if you check the web page about rewards, you will notice;

• One can rank out in Bronze league 6 times, Silver 5 and Golden League 4 times. 
  • A ranked out Golden League player will get in total 3300 Steel, 2100 Doubloons and 24K Coal. 
  • A ranked out Silver League player without passing qualifications to Golden League will receive in total 2900 Steel, 1700 Doubloons and 16K Coal. 
  • A Bronze League player who starts and remains at Bronze League will receive in total 2400 Steel, 1200 Doubloons and 6K Coal.

So, players get more amounts of rewards the higher league they play.

Note: These numbers are per season for new ranked system and if there will be five new ranked seasons per year keep offering the same rewards each season, the total amount of rewards in terms of steel will be equal to the total amount of steel of old ranked system per year.

True. But I would argue that - at least in steel - the rewards in Gold are poor compared to those in Bronze when looking at the effort one has to put in into getting them.

[LEEUW]
Players
2,745 posts
10,363 battles
2 hours ago, fumtu said:

More yes, but proportionally less. Especially when you count the supposedly tougher opponents. 

[LEEUW]
Players
2,745 posts
10,363 battles
2 hours ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

If I can play my ships in silver without bronze potatoes and gold unicums, I'm happy. I'd pay steel for that. 

Exactly. So why would unicums play amongst themselves when they can farm slightly less rewards in fewer games against potatoes if not for the extra rewards of silver and bronze? 

Players
597 posts
6,818 battles
Just now, GarrusBrutus said:

Exactly. So why would unicums play amongst themselves when they can farm slightly less rewards in fewer games against potatoes if not for the extra rewards of silver and bronze? 

To have fun, challenging games? That’s my goal, at least.

[LEEUW]
Players
2,745 posts
10,363 battles
55 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Why do you think a lot of people (including me) stayed in Bronze... :)

You only get the rewards for one league each Sprint, meaning that Bronze will give you 400 vs. 600 steel compared to Gold each Sprint, for just 10% of the effort.

@fumtu @Bindolaf_Werebane this ^

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,745 posts
10,363 battles
1 minute ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

To have fun, challenging games? That’s my goal, at least.

Fun and ranked? Lol no. Ranked is pure for the resource farm. 

• Cool 4

Players
2,386 posts
32,145 battles
2 hours ago, Dutchy_2019 said:

True. But I would argue that - at least in steel - the rewards in Gold are poor compared to those in Bronze when looking at the effort one has to put in into getting them.

Of course the numbers I gave are if one ranks out in all four sprints of a season of gold league which won’t be easy. And if one stays in bronze and keeps ranking out there in all six sprints of a season will still earn less rewards in comparison but as you wrote it is very preferential and arguable which one is better. Do you trust your skills, then rank out in gold league and earn more rewards than any other league.

Bronze league in my opinion is more headache with players who have 300-400 games in total. A player can take advantage of the broken cv class to ease this noob pain in Bronze and keep repeating the sprints but that only shows he doesn’t trust his skills in golden league and is settling for less rewards in the lowest league.

Another argument could be made for the shallowness of playing ranked only for the rewards as there are many players out there that have been playing regular ranked games just for the challenge and more enjoyable games (old system games between r5-r2) in comparison to random tato games.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,743 posts
9,747 battles
2 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Another argument could be made for the shallowness of playing ranked only for the rewards as there are many players out there that have been playing regular ranked games just for the challenge and more enjoyable games (old system games between r5-r2) in comparison to random tato games.

More like playing what, 50 games in gold league to rank out every week? This is not unlikely at all, if you need 19 stars to rank out.

Rewards would need to be much better to justify this.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this