Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
zengaze

Who is responsible?

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[CRU_]
Players
361 posts
9,700 battles

Who is the person who decides at WG what mechanics go or stay. Subs for example, who decided that WOWs needs subs, or should i say WG need subs. What is this person's job title. Who decided CVs need to be shitshow that they are? Who was it who thought they should have no counterplay? Is this genius someone in the financial end of the business, or an actual game design dev? I struggle to believe someone in game design could generate such stupid ideas, unless they are utterly incompetent. Who is the speshul who makes the decisions? I assume there is some form of cooperative generation, but i mean the muppet who says yes or no.

  • Cool 10
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
28,796 posts
15,091 battles

If you cannot even figure out who that person is, you should not expect from others to make a perfectly balanced game.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 10
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,733 posts
8,955 battles
1 hour ago, zengaze said:

Who is the person who decides at WG what mechanics go or stay. Subs for example, who decided that WOWs needs subs, or should i say WG need subs. What is this person's job title. Who decided CVs need to be shitshow that they are? Who was it who thought they should have no counterplay? Is this genius someone in the financial end of the business, or an actual game design dev? I struggle to believe someone in game design could generate such stupid ideas, unless they are utterly incompetent. Who is the speshul who makes the decisions? I assume there is some form of cooperative generation, but i mean the muppet who says yes or no.

 

Unlike what our useless Colonel Imitation said.

It is actually not that Easy to Find out who makes Importand Decision on Wargaming.

 

The Wargaming Owner Victor Kisily (I bet I butchered that Name....) likely has a Final Say on any of the Really Big Decisions. Because he is the Primary Owner of Wargaming itself.

But its unlikely that he is the one actually making all Decisions. His Position is likely more that if he wants something Specific Done or Blocked he can do that.

The next Big name would be Malik Khatajaev (again if I butcher these Names no Offense intended lol) which is CEO of the Dev Studio which is Developing World of Warships under Wargaming.

Which means he as well might or might not have alot of Influence on Decisions for the Game and what goes into it or not.

But he as well is not that likely to be the one Deciding the Details of things.

 

Wargaming is Pretty Big after all.

And even Lestia (the Dev Studio for WoWs) is not that Small.

So Decisions are likely going through alot of Different People as to wether they would be Good and how they could be Done.

 

As Such. It is really Hard to Say where exactly the Decision to Implement Subs for example has come from.

And its Unlikely that Wargaming will Volunteer where exactly the Decision came from.

 

As to how Exactly Submarines are Added this is Likely done by the Dev Team in a more Coordinated and Shared Manner. With the Development Lead and Producer likely having a Big Say in wether or not something makes them Happy.

But even here. Dev Teams dont have a Strict Regulation on how they are Structured and who of the Jobs makes the Decisions. And I dont actually know anything about how Lestia and Wargaming have this Structured.

As such its really hard to make a good Guess on who Exactly is the one making Decisions.

 

 

Albeit. I guess you could try and Ping some of the Community Managers.

Maybe one of them will Volunteer some Information on how the Team is Structured and thus who is the one usually making the Decisions.

  • Cool 7
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOATY]
Players
779 posts
15,060 battles
39 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

 

Unlike what our useless Colonel Imitation said.

It is actually not that Easy to Find out who makes Importand Decision on Wargaming.

 

The Wargaming Owner Victor Kisily (I bet I butchered that Name....) likely has a Final Say on any of the Really Big Decisions. Because he is the Primary Owner of Wargaming itself.

But its unlikely that he is the one actually making all Decisions. His Position is likely more that if he wants something Specific Done or Blocked he can do that.

The next Big name would be Malik Khatajaev (again if I butcher these Names no Offense intended lol) which is CEO of the Dev Studio which is Developing World of Warships under Wargaming.

Which means he as well might or might not have alot of Influence on Decisions for the Game and what goes into it or not.

But he as well is not that likely to be the one Deciding the Details of things.

 

Wargaming is Pretty Big after all.

And even Lestia (the Dev Studio for WoWs) is not that Small.

So Decisions are likely going through alot of Different People as to wether they would be Good and how they could be Done.

 

As Such. It is really Hard to Say where exactly the Decision to Implement Subs for example has come from.

And its Unlikely that Wargaming will Volunteer where exactly the Decision came from.

 

As to how Exactly Submarines are Added this is Likely done by the Dev Team in a more Coordinated and Shared Manner. With the Development Lead and Producer likely having a Big Say in wether or not something makes them Happy.

But even here. Dev Teams dont have a Strict Regulation on how they are Structured and who of the Jobs makes the Decisions. And I dont actually know anything about how Lestia and Wargaming have this Structured.

As such its really hard to make a good Guess on who Exactly is the one making Decisions.

 

 

Albeit. I guess you could try and Ping some of the Community Managers.

Maybe one of them will Volunteer some Information on how the Team is Structured and thus who is the one usually making the Decisions.

Pretty nicely put to be honest.

 

Their is a sadder truth behind what we are seeing from WG. In short every effort from Cv rework, subs, and now the commander skill rework will have a negative impact on player enjoyment. New things in a game like this always do. What they will do however is prolong the life of WoWs by offering new revenue streams for WG. 2 more points that more doubloons spent for fxp conversion or more premium time bought.. Add new class of ships means new sales as well as opportunity to make some nasty premium counter play ships to sell. Subs meet super powerful asw dds.Even the CV rework made them money off sales, and eventually we will see WG pump out a few super aa platforms that will shut down cvs again but you will have to pay for it. WG has embraced predatory capitalism with their loot crates, it is not a hard guess they would apply the same logic to other aspects of their game.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NMA]
Players
102 posts
4,399 battles

https://forum.worldofwarships.ru/topic/145100-0100-общий-тест-второй-этап-обновление-навыков-командиров/?tab=comments#comment-6265214

His RU title says developer, feel free to go and cuss at him :D

 

Either way, this is golden

" Большое количество комментариев посвящено ПМК-сборкам и их эффективности в новой системе. Мы хотели бы прокомментировать ваши опасения: мы не планируем снижать эффективность таких сборок по сравнению с версией 0.9.12 и будем внимательно следить за ней. Нужно учитывать, что данных с общего теста недостаточно, чтобы принять решения по усилению таких сборок перед релизом: "

He's basically saying that in spite of overwhelming negative comments about secondary builds getting nerfed, they have no intention at all to make secondary builds less effective and they will closely be monitoring their effectiveness and make adjustments on the release. Yeap, just as they monitored CV ree :)

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles

I find it doubtful it’s all one person as everything in this game balance wise smells heavily like design-by-commitee to me. Probably a bunch of people that rarely ever did any gaming themselves talking a lot about spreadsheets, focus groups, studying various pie charts etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,665 posts
11,390 battles

OP is asking cause he realized that under UK consumer law, a company cannot be jailed for an offence, while a person acting on behalf of the company can. Lol. So he is trying to find out who so that he can make a complaint i guess, and have that guy jailed. This should be in relation to the discussion in the other topic:

 

 

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CRU_]
Players
361 posts
9,700 battles
1 hour ago, pra3y said:

OP is asking cause he realized that under UK consumer law, a company cannot be jailed for an offence, while a person acting on behalf of the company can. Lol. So he is trying to find out who so that he can make a complaint i guess, and have that guy jailed. This should be in relation to the discussion in the other topic:

 

 

 

I did not need to realise that a company cannot be jailed in the UK, as the concept is absurd in itself. Neither is this post in any way related to the post you refer to in the other topic. This specific topic is about who is responsible for the garbage game design this company churns out.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
3,947 posts
19,851 battles
1 hour ago, zengaze said:

I did not need to realise that a company cannot be jailed in the UK, as the concept is absurd in itself. Neither is this post in any way related to the post you refer to in the other topic. This specific topic is about who is responsible for the garbage game design this company churns out.

 

Why would you think it's one person making decisions ? :cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,665 posts
11,390 battles
10 minutes ago, lup3s said:

 

Why would you think it's one person making decisions ? :cap_hmm:

Maybe it is just one, one thing :cap_haloween:

 

wopr | Death Metal Underground

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Moderator
4,257 posts
11,564 battles

Be constructive

  • When posting, please make sure you do so with good intentions. Refrain from posting when you don't have anything positive or constructive to say on the topic.
  • Your post should contribute to the discussion or the solution of the issue being discussed.
  • If the only purpose of your post is to be negative, it is not worth posting.

 

Be respectful

  • Show others the respect and good behavior you would expect to receive from them. Remember our forums are open for discussion to anyone playing our games.
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×