Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Setterus

Campaigns seems impossible?

34 comments in this topic

[_MO_]
Players
71 posts
2,569 battles

So i took a look in 2 campaigns, the persuit for Strasbourg and ships and fates.

In order to complete the latter you need the Strasbourg and they are both available for 24 days. 

4 missions 32 tasks for Strasbourg, 6 missions 36 tasks for ships and fates. Meanwhile dockyard event is running. 

How i'm i suppose to finish them in time? Or is one of those tricks where you need to "buy something" (Strasbourg) from store with real money?

• Cool 1

[_MO_]
Players
71 posts
2,569 battles
14 minutes ago, Bainsmit_steel said:

You can repeat already finished missions so no need for particular ship in order to finish campaign.

You can't. In order to finish the final one, you need the Strasbourg.

Anyway.

I thought it might be like this.I'm not gonna waste my time for the second collection. Whatever comes it's ok for me.

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
11,743 posts
9,747 battles
31 minutes ago, Setterus said:

both available for 24 days. 

Yes, but you can finish the Strasbourg one before it expires, which leaves you 9 (?) days to finish the other.

The other only has T5 techtree ships + Camos + Santa captains + Santa crates - nothing, which one really needs . Get Strasbourg, be happy thats its a free premium. Also you can get Tachibana and Yahagi 4 free.

34 minutes ago, Setterus said:

Meanwhile dockyard event is running. 

you can do them simultaneously tho? If you wanna do dockyard, you should easily finish the campaigns too, as they require much less effort.

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,819 posts
9,018 battles
32 minutes ago, Setterus said:

So i took a look in 2 campaigns, the persuit for Strasbourg and ships and fates.

In order to complete the latter you need the Strasbourg and they are both available for 24 days. 

4 missions 32 tasks for Strasbourg, 6 missions 36 tasks for ships and fates. Meanwhile dockyard event is running. 

How i'm i suppose to finish them in time? Or is one of those tricks where you need to "buy something" (Strasbourg) from store with real money?

You do the Strasbourg Campaign to get Strasbourg.

The other Campaign is basicly a Reward for the guys who Buy Strasbourg instead.

21 minutes ago, Bainsmit_steel said:

You can repeat already finished missions so no need for particular ship in order to finish campaign.

You cant.

Strasbourg is Required for the Final Task.

So you cannot Complete the Chapter without it.

4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You do one campaign and then the other. The tasks do not take much time.

Thing is. The 1st Campaign gets unlocked over Time.

so you cannot Finish it until the last week of the Campaign.

In which you then need to Complete the entire Second Campaign at once.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
28,903 posts
15,122 battles
1 minute ago, Sunleader said:

And?

As I said, the tasks do not take much time. 

• Boring 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,352 posts
18,216 battles
10 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Thats the whaling way!!

Certainly is. Spend £30 for Strasbourg, get the doubloons back, take your 25% doubloon coupon and buy a Massachusetts.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
3,819 posts
9,018 battles
45 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

And?

As I said, the tasks do not take much time. 

Thats a very Subjective Statement Mate.

If your some Hardcore Gamer Spending 2-3 Hours a Day Playing WoWs. Then Sure. This is nothing Special. You basicly do it on the Side without any Extra Effort.

If your instead a Casual Guy maybe Spending 1-2 Hours over 2-3 Days. Then this actually becomes quite the Problem you know.

Lets Face it. The Second Campaign is Basicly a Reward for People that Buy Strasbourg. So they get some Extra Incentive to Play.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
28,903 posts
15,122 battles
1 minute ago, Sunleader said:

If your some Hardcore Gamer Spending 2-3 Hours a Day Playing WoWs. Then Sure. This is nothing Special. You basicly do it on the Side without any Extra Effort.

If your instead a Casual Guy maybe Spending 1-2 Hours over 2-3 Days. Then this actually becomes quite the Problem you know.

Lets Face it. The Second Campaign is Basicly a Reward for People that Buy Strasbourg. So they get some Extra Incentive to Play.

Subjective, but doable, not impossible as stated.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,352 posts
18,216 battles
1 hour ago, Sunleader said:

Does seem a bit thoughtless of WG. Yes, people have more time over the holidays to complete these things but they could have tacked 7 days on the end of the Ships and Fates Campaign to make it an enjoyable experience, rather than a panicked grind.

• Cool 2

[SINT]
Players
1,008 posts
22,209 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

The second campaign does not really have a final super reward. Each phase gives you one ship. The first reward T5 ( Furataka) can be unlocked by playing Strassbourg once...you probably want to do that for the coal snowflake anyway. Even if you have only 9 days left (minus the time to finish the last phase of the Strasbourg ) you might finish one or two parts of the T5 campaign. Hard grinders might succeed in getting them all. 

Its a ( nice) bonus, nothing more. Depends on the player to put in the work after getting Strasbourg ( and getting the last phase of Strasbourg fast).

[ALYEN]
Players
2,070 posts
4,040 battles
2 hours ago, Setterus said:

Nobody's forcing you to do everything. Just pick and chose what suits your available time. I am doing the Strasbourg campaign and basically ignoring the rest. I cannot complete the Dockyard without playing other than my class of choice (DDs) and the Ships and Fates does not have enough rewards to be interesting to me ...

[_MO_]
Players
71 posts
2,569 battles

ofc nobody force anyone. As stated above, is more for those who are in front of their screens 4-6 hours per day.

To me that i may have the game open in my pc, but i casually playing 4-6 games per 4 hours is difficult to impossible. Not to mentioned there is real life and not only wows.

From that perspective, anyone that gaming casually is forced to only finish one not 2. 

Don't get me wrong i'm not complaining and also probably the "impossible" was heavy for the title. Not my native language after all. 

I just wish they would split the time for campaigns accordingly and not force you to hard grind it. 

Is a game for me and not my whole life in there.

Anyway i greatly thank all of you for your inputs..

• Cool 2

Players
871 posts
5,832 battles
2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Certainly is. Spend £30 for Strasbourg, get the doubloons back, take your 25% doubloon coupon and buy a Massachusetts.

I had not thought of that yet. Thanks for the tip!

[THESO]
3,819 posts
9,018 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

I never Said Impossible.

But that as well is a Purely Subjective Interpretion on your Part.

Because Yes. If you can just Spend 2-3 Hours a Day in WoWs then it is Indeed Possible to do this.

But if your a Working Family Father which Simply cannot Spend that Time on a Game then for this Person this is indeed Impossible :)

[CATS]
Players
28,903 posts
15,122 battles
1 hour ago, Setterus said:

ofc nobody force anyone. ...

From that perspective, anyone that gaming casually is forced to only finish one not 2.

I wonder why you are still speaking about being forced...

WG never promised that everyone gets every reward.

They offer rewards for different playstyles.

The super casuals get rewards for logging in and the hardcore players can go for Hizen. Last year they even had PR for the super hardcore players.

4 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

I never Said Impossible.

I never said you did.

[R3B3L]
Players
1,121 posts
31,565 battles
5 hours ago, Setterus said:

I'm not gonna waste my time (...) Whatever comes it's ok for me.

That is a healthy attitude :cap_like:

Wish you nice holidays, captain :Smile_honoring:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,116 posts
20,924 battles
4 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Look its simple WG want you to buy the Strasbourg to make the mission much easer.... know if you have 10K dubloons ingame and you certain you can complet the In Pursuit of Strasbourg campain or want to garantee you get the ship anyway.. Buy her. you will find the missions easy to complete..

If you dont have the Dubloons in game.. MMMM not sure i would pay real world cash for a ship i can get for free...

The Choice boys and Girls is yours

dubs.jpg

Players
871 posts
5,832 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

I wonder why you are still speaking about being forced...

WG never promised that everyone gets every reward.

They offer rewards for different playstyles.

The super casuals get rewards for logging in and the hardcore players can go for Hizen. Last year they even had PR for the super hardcore players.

I never said you did.

The difference between this year and last year:

Last year there was nothing for casual players (even Gorizia took a lot of effort)

Puerto Rico was even out of reach for many super hard core players, at least for free. The way it was set up, everyone NOT having serious time off was in trouble, even Super Hardcore players, simply because of the time when one could start completing directives, and when they had to be completed.

This year:

Strasbourg is doable for casual players.

Hizen is doable for slightly more than casual players.

The extra campaign is the reward for more  than casual players.

• Cool 1

Players
871 posts
5,832 battles
1 minute ago, T0byJug said:

Look its simple WG want you to buy the Strasbourg to make the mission much easer.... know if you have 10K dubloons ingame and you certain you can complet the In Pursuit of Strasbourg campain or want to garantee you get the ship anyway.. Buy her. you will find the missions easy to complete..

If you dont have the Dubloons in game.. MMMM not sure i would pay real world cash for a ship i can get for free...

The Choice boys and Girls is yours

dubs.jpg

I see your completely valid point. To me - thanks to who pointed it out - it is an early investment in doubloons to be used later in combination with the 25% coupon.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this