NothingButTheRain

Stored containers disappearing.

10 comments in this topic

Players
6,058 posts
12,083 battles

So I noticed today that whenever I get an extra container, it is added to my account. Nothing new here. The total number of containers is 100, which means that the oldest container would need to get opened automatically like it has in the previous days.

However, I noticed that this is not the case anymore today. The number of stored containers remains 100 instead of 101, but the content of the oldest stored container is not added to my account.

This means that content that is on my account is removed from my account without my permission, nor with my consent.

Yesterday it seemed to work fine with the addition of the daily crates adding the content of the oldest crate to my account. It also spawned a notification of this.

This notification is also missing. The now opened oldest container seems to simply disappear from my account.

Has anyone else noticed this today?

And frankly, I find this to be kinda serious as Wargaming has also not provided sufficient means for me to manage the content of my player account.

As a sidenote, I am a bit of a statsnerd so I know the exact order of the containers I have stored away.

I've tested this out by buying a collection container for 1000 coal when I already had 100 containers stored. I left that container closed.

I had screenshotted all the credits, signal flags and camos I had stored and compared it to after I had purchased the 1000 coal container.

The content of my account is identical. 3 containers have vanished from my account.

Yes, I have used calculator to make sure nothing from the crates was converted to credits and it adds up when disregarding any potential additions made by the containers.

But these containers should always add something to my account. And there should, at the very least, be a notification of the items added to my account.

@Allied_Winter have you perhaps heard anything regarding this issue. I think you're the type of person who should be made aware of this potential issue. Personally I think the implications could be quite substantial as it has to do with stuff on peoples accounts being taken away without their consent and with people positively having gotten the content of the oldest crates in the days following this most recent patch.

Now I hope I'm wrong here, but thus far there doesn't seem to have been a mistake made on my end here.

• Cool 1

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles

Goooood morning NothingButTheRain! As much as I feel honored to be the first you thought of who could be of help here, I'm also sorry to disappoint you, cause I'm not. For one, I was on vacation for the last 7 days, so I have absolutely NO idea with regards to the new patch and what has been done to the containers. And second, much more important though, I'm not a WG employee. So, best I can do, is ping WG staff. Though I do assume they are on holiday as well over Christmas. So ... give it some time? Maybe?

Best course of action would be to open all containers immediately for now. But that's just my outsiders view (as I've never had more than 5 unopend containers on my account).

So: @MrConway or @Crysantos, any light you can shed on this one here?

[MIAO]
Players
1,667 posts
7,744 battles

that's weird... i haven't ever reached more than 50 containers, let alone 100, but i don't know why that does happen.... (its a new update, everybody knows it xD)

[WG]
WG Staff
5,110 posts
4,445 battles
Před 13 hodinami NothingButTheRain řekl/a:

So I noticed today that whenever I get an extra container, it is added to my account. Nothing new here. The total number of containers is 100, which means that the oldest container would need to get opened automatically like it has in the previous days.

However, I noticed that this is not the case anymore today. The number of stored containers remains 100 instead of 101, but the content of the oldest stored container is not added to my account.

This means that content that is on my account is removed from my account without my permission, nor with my consent.

Yesterday it seemed to work fine with the addition of the daily crates adding the content of the oldest crate to my account. It also spawned a notification of this.

This notification is also missing. The now opened oldest container seems to simply disappear from my account.

And frankly, I find this to be kinda serious as Wargaming has also not provided sufficient means for me to manage the content of my player account.

As a sidenote, I am a bit of a statsnerd so I know the exact order of the containers I have stored away.

I've tested this out by buying a collection container for 1000 coal when I already had 100 containers stored. I left that container closed.

I had screenshotted all the credits, signal flags and camos I had stored and compared it to after I had purchased the 1000 coal container.

The content of my account is identical. 3 containers have vanished from my account.

Yes, I have used calculator to make sure nothing from the crates was converted to credits and it adds up when disregarding any potential additions made by the containers.

But these containers should always add something to my account. And there should, at the very least, be a notification of the items added to my account.

@Allied_Winter have you perhaps heard anything regarding this issue. I think you're the type of person who should be made aware of this potential issue. Personally I think the implications could be quite substantial as it has to do with stuff on peoples accounts being taken away without their consent and with people positively having gotten the content of the oldest crates in the days following this most recent patch.

Now I hope I'm wrong here, but thus far there doesn't seem to have been a mistake made on my end here.

Hello.

I just checked your logs and on 22nd December at 11:30 you received around 280 different items (for example 15 000 credits is 1 item). There was several premium days, coal, steel, doubloons, camouflages, plenty signals etc.

So I can confirm, that those oldest containers were just automatically openned and you received your stuff. But probably it just wasn't clearly shown.

Players
160 posts
18,380 battles

15 godzin temu, YabbaCoe napisał:

I just checked your logs and on 22nd December at 11:30 you received around 280 different items (for example 15 000 credits is 1 item). There was several premium days, coal, steel, doubloons, camouflages, plenty signals etc.

So I can confirm, that those oldest containers were just automatically openned and you received your stuff. But probably it just wasn't clearly shown. 

Maybe read the OP post once more. He said that he HAS been recieving items from the old containers when they auto opened.

He stoped recieving items from 27th December onward.....

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff
5,110 posts
4,445 battles
Před 5 hodinami Jaberwak řekl/a:

Maybe read the OP post once more. He said that he HAS been recieving items from the old containers when they auto opened.

Yes, indeed. I just wanted to asure him, that nothing was stolen from his account.

But probably it needs deeper investigation, further that I can reach with my access.

If he thinks oldest containers are just disapearing, he should contact Customer Support that can check his logs to actually examine what exactly happened.

Players
6,058 posts
12,083 battles
On 12/28/2020 at 1:07 PM, YabbaCoe said:

Hello.

I am talking about last sunday (so 27 december). I specified it like this:

On 12/27/2020 at 11:27 PM, NothingButTheRain said:

So I noticed today (etc etc)

and

This issue only started that day.

22 december there was a notification, that's how I know the notification existed and that this notification kept appearing the days after that, but stopped appearing last sunday and that is what I was writing about.

Players
6,058 posts
12,083 battles
On 12/29/2020 at 4:10 AM, Jaberwak said:

Yes, thank you! <3

Players
6,058 posts
12,083 battles
On 12/28/2020 at 10:08 AM, Allied_Winter said:

Goooood morning NothingButTheRain! As much as I feel honored to be the first you thought of who could be of help here, I'm also sorry to disappoint you, cause I'm not. For one, I was on vacation for the last 7 days, so I have absolutely NO idea with regards to the new patch and what has been done to the containers. And second, much more important though, I'm not a WG employee. So, best I can do, is ping WG staff. Though I do assume they are on holiday as well over Christmas. So ... give it some time? Maybe?

Best course of action would be to open all containers immediately for now. But that's just my outsiders view (as I've never had more than 5 unopend containers on my account).

So: @MrConway or @Crysantos, any light you can shed on this one here?

Perhaps I should have asked MrFingers instead. You seemed like someone who is interested in certain stuff around here but then I obviously misjudged, my bad. You seemed pretty active so I had no idea you hadn't been ingame the last 7 days, so there's virtually no way you could have known.

Yes, that's what I had been doing. Opened up all the xmas boxes I had collected last week or so before more stuff vanishes. Excellent change, this was part of the fun for me.

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
3 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

You seemed pretty active so I had no idea you hadn't been ingame the last 7 days, so there's virtually no way you could have known.

No worries, mate. It's just ... over Christmas I have other priorities. Plus, I assumed you pinged me, due to me being a moderator (as this happens quite often), so rather it's my bad that I misread your post.

But since Yabba took notice, I assume thing are actually not going as planned and will be looked into.

Have a good one.