huymog

Grosser Kurfürst less accurate with snowflakes?

13 comments in this topic

[H-M-S]
Players
37 posts
14,584 battles

I'm rushing to finish the upgrade for this ship and have played it a lot recently. Am I imagining it, or has the main gun accuracy reverted to its old level? I have had this impression since the snowflakes were added. Could someone check please?

• Funny 3

[H-M-S]
Players
37 posts
14,584 battles
3 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Check what?

Was there a regression when the snowflake code was added?

[CATS]
Players
28,831 posts
15,115 battles
1 hour ago, huymog said:

Considering my own experience since the start of the snowflake event and the feedback on the forum, there was indeed a regression in player skill, as expected.

• players, who did not play for a long time, play again
  • players play ships they did not play for ages (some for good reason)
  • some players are too focussed on farming and do not care for team results
  • Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,968 posts
9,170 battles
1 hour ago, huymog said:

No, was not. 

Spoiler

The intresting point here is, that people asking those kind of questions can never accept a "no" as answer. They will come up with additional remarks and stuff. Demanding proofs from others ("But how do you know for sure?"), but neglecting to provide their own proofs in the very first place. 

Just show us that there is a different dispersion pattern with the Kurfurst and fine. Just look at the work from LittleWhiteMouse and you have an idea what you have to do to show such things! Go on, I am looking forward to your work. 

[H-M-S]
Players
37 posts
14,584 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Considering my own experience since the start of the snowflake event and the feedback on the forum, there was indeed a regression in player skill, as expected.

• players, who did not play for a long time, play again
  • players play ships they did not play for ages (some for good reason)
  • some players are too focussed on farming and do not care for team results

That has nothing to do with my question, although all may be true some of the time for some people. Please stay on topic. Your points are, as you stated, well covered elsewhere.

More useful would have been for you to have played the Kurfürst and given me your conclusion, that is if you ever played the ship with the improved gun characteristics.

I am referring a problem such as that that was seen in the KOTS tournament where the Yamato's guns were turning like destroyer guns. May be a little overstated, but the rate of rotation was way higher than it should have been, and was significant enough for many commentators to comment upon.

Coding problems after revisions and additions can and do occur.

[CATS]
Players
28,831 posts
15,115 battles
1 minute ago, huymog said:

That has nothing to do with my question, although all may be true some of the time for some people. Please stay on topic. Your points are, as you stated, well covered elsewhere.

More useful would have been for you to have played the Kurfürst and given me your conclusion, that is if you ever played the ship with the improved gun characteristics.

I am referring a problem such as that that was seen in the KOTS tournament where the Yamato's guns were turning like destroyer guns. May be a little overstated, but the rate of rotation was way higher than it should have been, and was significant enough for many commentators to comment upon.

Coding problems after revisions and additions can and do occur.

You asked about regression and I answered you.

And yes, I played the GK, she does fine, no change:

Spoiler

117401_57_1608669321.jpg

• Cool 1

[H-M-S]
Players
37 posts
14,584 battles
1 minute ago, principat121 said:

No, was not. 

Is that an opinion.

Have you just played the Kurfürst and don't think that anything has changed, or consulted with WG and can thus state that there was not a coding regression? 

• Boring 1

[H-M-S]
Players
37 posts
14,584 battles
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

And yes, I played the GK, she does fine, no change:

Thank you for your feedback. I respect your opinion.

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,968 posts
9,170 battles
5 hours ago, huymog said:

Have you just played the Kurfürst and don't think that anything has changed, or consulted with WG and can thus state that there was not a coding regression? 

Do you have anything beside your conspiracy theory? 

Any data?

Something to back up your "observation"?

Nothing?!

Thought so... 

additional info: Hitchens's Razor

[H-M-S]
Players
37 posts
14,584 battles
1 hour ago, principat121 said:

Do you have anything beside your conspiracy theory? 

Any data?

Something to back up your "observation"?

Nothing?!

Thought so... 

To the quoted poster:

Why be so aggressive?

I indicated in the OP that it could be my imagination, an impression, and is not a data backed observation. I also gave an example in a later response of something unwanted slipping into the game code having an effect on a function unrelated to the intended change. This makes the application of Occam's Razor (of which Hitchen's razor is an extreme extension) very questionable. 

Data: I unfortunately do not have a pre-snowflake copy of the game to do any tests. Also please state that you have or have not noticed a change in the last few days to give me my second data point, unless you as a modder have data or evidence to back up your "No, was not" assertion.

To all:

I had got to like the guns for their improved accuracy and then in the last few days dislike them again. My point is that the change in gun accuracy is subtle, some did not notice that the accuracy of GK's guns had been buffed, and would not notice if they had reverted back to the old values.

I am very comfortable with responses along the lines of - "I have played GK and do not believe there was a change with the start of the snowflake event - it's you, forget it!" Given a good majority of  "You are imaging it" answers from forum contributors I would say OK, and simply stop playing the GK.

I knew I was asking for trouble posting this, but speaking for myself, although I believe it would apply to many similar posts, the simple - no, I've looked, your mistaken - answer would close down the thread quicker than clever comments.

So guys, give me your opinion on the snowflake GK based on your experience. Then, whichever way it goes, I can stop being a victim of my own conspiracy theory and return to sanity in my Covid bunker and play more WOWS. 

[CATS]
Players
28,831 posts
15,115 battles
6 hours ago, huymog said:

So guys, give me your opinion on the snowflake GK based on your experience. Then, whichever way it goes, I can stop being a victim of my own conspiracy theory and return to sanity in my Covid bunker and play more WOWS. 

The numerous feedback, that supports your view, in this thread and on the forum should make it obvious which "way it goes".

[PONYS]
Players
5,065 posts
18,706 battles
Am 27.12.2020 um 16:09, huymog sagte:

I'm rushing to finish the upgrade for this ship and have played it a lot recently. Am I imagining it, or has the main gun accuracy reverted to its old level? I have had this impression since the snowflakes were added. Could someone check please?

No, that's just a result of your imagination ;-)