Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Andunedhel_GC

Christmas Campaigns

33 comments in this topic

[PWN3D]
Players
38 posts

I would just like to know, who's the WG sadist in charge who decided that you needed the Strasbourg, which you can get in 17 days plus the time needed to finish the last Strasbourg stage, to finish the FIRST stage of the ships of destiny campaign that will last 26 days?

Just give me a name, so I can properly address the curses that will rightfully fall on his head.

Thank you.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 3

[PWN3D]
Players
38 posts

Wasn't around to send back then, hence asking now as apparently they didn't get enough curses 4 years ago, or they were ineffective :)

• Boring 1

Players
1,935 posts
3,674 battles
Proprio ora, Andunedhel_GC ha scritto:

Wasn't around to send back then, hence asking now as apparently they didn't get enough curses 4 years ago, or they were ineffective :)

Which is why you shouldn't complain about it., plus you don't lose anything from the second campaign since they are all Tech Tree Tier 5 ships

Players
1,935 posts
3,674 battles

What are you complaining about? What's your point? 'cause honestly, you don't seem to have one and cursing in the forum will just get you banned

[PWN3D]
Players
38 posts

A) Did I curse on the forum? Nah, I didn't

B) Oh, look, there's an "ignore user" option hovering on someone's nick. Wonder what it does, let's try *click*

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[NECRO]
Players
669 posts
10 minutes ago, Andunedhel_GC said:

I would just like to know, who's the WG sadist in charge who decided that you needed the Strasbourg, which you can get in 17 days plus the time needed to finish the last Strasbourg stage, to finish the FIRST stage of the ships of destiny campaign that will last 26 days?

The idea is that you buy the ship for money in advance.

• Cool 2

[PWN3D]
Players
38 posts

That's pretty obvious. The idea, on the assumption that someone from WG actually checks this forum, was to let them waste a second of their time to read someone voicing his displeasure at their pettiness.

Players
1,935 posts
3,674 battles
Proprio ora, Andunedhel_GC ha scritto:

That's pretty obvious. The idea, on the assumption that someone from WG actually checks this forum, was to let them waste a second of their time to read someone voicing his displeasure at their pettiness.

hmm... you know WG doesn't care about player's feedback?

loh3pjk0n8161.jpg

• Funny 7

[SHAFT]
Players
11,622 posts
9,692 battles
3 minutes ago, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

The idea is that you buy the ship for money in advance.

Well, if anyone buys a premium ship, so that he can get techtree ships kinda deserves to be scammed :Smile_hiding:

16 minutes ago, Andunedhel_GC said:

Are you really missing out on something if you dont do this campaign? Obviously, everyone has to decide for themselves. Previous years, i used to do these missions, but it was T6 ships back then, which kinda makes a bit more sense than having permacamos for T5 ships.
Its not like ships like Furutaka, New York or T22 are OP and you need to get a permacamo so you can sealclub with em...

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[PWN3D]
Players
38 posts
Proprio ora, DFens_666 ha scritto:

Are you really missing out on something if you dont do this campaign? 

No, it's the principle that got on my nerves, that's all. I mean, I get the "incentives", but this is so overt and disingenuous that it's an insult to the players' inteligence.

• Cool 1

Players
2,445 posts
2 minutes ago, SV_Kompresor said:

Till when does the strasbourg campaign last?

Both the Campaigns end in 26 days so if you wish to complete 'Ships and Fates' after you obtain the Strasburg from 'In pursuit of Strasburg' you ain't going to have a lot of time to do it.

Screenshot (147).png

[CATS]
Players
28,796 posts
15,091 battles

But you can already do most of first stage in advance, takes only a few matches.

I do not see a problem doing the campaign in the remaining time.

And if you do have a problem, they are only techtree ships.

• Cool 2

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles

I realize it can be annoying, but if this sort of thing annoys you greatly, I would advise to stay away not just from this, but literally every f2p game out there - trying to annoy you into giving them money by making the technically free stuff too much of a pain to obtain is essentially what the f2p formula is. You want it for free? Here's the annoyingly long path we've laid out before you. Oh, you want it fast and with minimal fuss? You can enter your credit card info right here.

And ofc, we all know there's no such thing as a free lunch, and you have to pay for your entertainment one way or the other, while these companies need to be profitable to stay in business -  so in the end, it comes down to your tolerance levels. I can definitely agree that just buying a game outright, and then the occasional DLC you might fancy is a much more fair and pleasurable experience, but it's simply not a formula wows was built on. Expecting it to stop being this way is just a path to more frustration. Evidence: literally everything they do (btw they do this same thing every year).

In their defense though, I've never paid to do these time gated Christmas campaigns early, and I've always managed to get them done easily, and like others have said, even if you don't, it's just t5 tech tree ships. Sure it's nice to get them with port slots and permacamos, but it's really not the end of the world if you don't get them all.

• Cool 7

Players
864 posts
5,777 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

But you can already do most of first stage in advance, takes only a few matches.

I do not see a problem doing the campaign in the remaining time.

And if you do have a problem, they are only techtree ships.

Also, the majority of these missions is fairly easy to do, as you can repeat tasks and such. Especially if you do some advance planning on which ships to play.

If you do not complete the missions in time, the only thing you miss out on are perma-camos and some Santa-themed captains. Nothing too serious to worry about.

[NECRO]
Players
669 posts
34 minutes ago, SV_Kompresor said:

Till when does the strasbourg campaign last?

It ended on September 28th 1870, when the French surrendered the fortress to the Germans during the Franco-Prussian war.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[DAVY]
Players
3,097 posts
14,742 battles

easy answer, but the Strasbourg for dubloons, get dubloons back when you finish the mission (minus the port slot of course), WG logic ;)

• Cool 2

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,514 posts
2 hours ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

@Andunedhel_GC these campaigns are nothing new actually, the same thing happened 4 years ago 

While true, that doesn't make it the move any less scummy. 

• Cool 1

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
706 posts
19,361 battles
15 minutes ago, Salentine said:

easy answer, but the Strasbourg for dubloons, get dubloons back when you finish the mission (minus the port slot of course), WG logic ;)

but they make it so obvious.

Players
5 posts
7,350 battles

Is it a bug? I finished the first part (i thought). I did get the needed stars, and finished the final task, but cannot start the second fase until i finished ALL the resuming battles. Since task 7 has to be done with the Hizen i cannot proceed. At all the other campaigns you just needed the requested stars, finish the final task and you can start the next fase. 

image.thumb.png.78f5b53dcfd89358fbe6f00fa4eacd48.png

[CATS]
Players
28,796 posts
15,091 battles
1 minute ago, Waterratje said:

Is it a bug? I finished the first part (i thought). I did get the needed stars, and finished the final task, but cannot start the second fase until i finished ALL the resuming battles. Since task 7 has to be done with the Hizen i cannot proceed. At all the other campaigns you just needed the requested stars, finish the final task and you can start the next fase.

I suggest to click on the second phase and read what the game tells you. It is not a bug....

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
11,779 posts
1 minute ago, Waterratje said:

but cannot start the second fase until i finished ALL the resuming battles.

no. Just hover the mouse over the second phase...or read the article...

Sign in to follow this