You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ABED1984

Your new ranked system SUCKS

53 comments in this topic

[PNAVY]
Players
1,237 posts
41,566 battles

Your new ranked system isn't worth the effort anymore. I only get 400 doubloons & some other sh!t rewards?!! ... Really??? And all of that for more effort in your new stupid system!!! ... Your rewards are pathetic like your ranked system. Bye Ranked!! .. You will not be missed!! :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 13
  • Bad 1

[SV]
Players
1,225 posts
14,957 battles
8 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

You get some doubloons & roughly 400-500 steel for just ONE week.

I very much approve of the new system

i agree op is just crying"

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,218 battles
14 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

I very much approve of the new system

By grinding r1 every week. 

All year long. 

Comrade. 

• Cool 4

[LEEUW]
Players
2,753 posts
10,381 battles
31 minutes ago, ABED1984 said:

Bye Ranked!! .. You will not be missed!!

Says a player with forty thousand battles to his name. 

Are you sure you gonna sit out ranked? 

X FOR DOUBT

• Cool 2
  • Funny 9

[MORIA]
Players
7,796 posts
39,355 battles
2 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

X FOR DOUBT

Tbh I also have somewhat same amount of battles as him, though I never played too much ranked :Smile_hiding:

But I think the new system decent one.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
1,470 posts
4,572 battles
1 hour ago, ABED1984 said:

Your new ranked system isn't worth the effort anymore. I only get 400 doubloons & some other sh!t rewards?!!

Per week if you're good, you're skipping over the per week part. If you rank out every week that's 1600 doubloons a month

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,768 posts
9,750 battles
1 hour ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

So over 6 weeks thats like 2400 - 3200 depending on the league.

6 Weeks is not less than ranked was previously (i think its more) thus WG could have increased the number of ranked season with same results.

In old ranked seasons, we could have gotten like 1300 steel for as little as 7 wins, if you start from scratch that is. If you left the previous season on T9-10, you started at 14-15, and needed only like 4 wins to get 1300 steel. 3000 Steel was reaching R6, which is 20 more stars after R10.

So we have to play MUCH more to gain less steel. You might get more doubloons now if you didnt go for R1, but those who did get less doubloons. Also you get no more signals and less Camos than before.

Ive already played more games this week than i usually did in previous ranked seasons, and i only got 1/3 of the steel i would have normaly gotten. So i have to play 6x as much (unless i finaly stop getting the bottom dirt teammates), and then i have 1100 more Steel than before.

• Cool 10

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,821 posts
9,028 battles
1 hour ago, ABED1984 said:

Your new ranked system isn't worth the effort anymore. I only get 400 doubloons & some other sh!t rewards?!! ... Really??? And all of that for more effort in your new stupid system!!! ... Your rewards are pathetic like your ranked system. Bye Ranked!! .. You will not be missed!! :Smile_sceptic:

I dont really Play Ranked either Ways. Because Relying on Random Teammates is Generally something I hate like the Pest.

So unless its 1 vs 1 Ranked where the only One I have to Rely on is me. I am really dont care regardless of the Rewards.

But I do think the New System is Better.

You say the Rewards are Low. But they are Basicly the Same as before. Just that instead of 1 Big Ranked Grind you get Several smaller Rank Grinds.

And the New Ranked System is less Annoying cause you constantly get Set back which I very much Like. As you dont sit there boxed back each time Half your Time decides to just Yolo and Die in the First 5 Minutes....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[MRP]
Players
84 posts
7,581 battles
24 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

6 Weeks is not less than ranked was previously (i think its more) thus WG could have increased the number of ranked season with same results.

In old ranked seasons, we could have gotten like 1300 steel for as little as 7 wins, if you start from scratch that is. If you left the previous season on T9-10, you started at 14-15, and needed only like 4 wins to get 1300 steel. 3000 Steel was reaching R6, which is 20 more stars after R10.

So we have to play MUCH more to gain less steel. You might get more doubloons now if you didnt go for R1, but those who did get less doubloons. Also you get no more signals and less Camos than before.

Ive already played more games this week than i usually did in previous ranked seasons, and i only got 1/3 of the steel i would have normaly gotten. So i have to play 6x as much (unless i finaly stop getting the bottom dirt teammates), and then i have 1100 more Steel than before.

Basically this.

Previous rankeds max I would go to is the credits lowering flag rank and thats it.

This ranked system I don't get camos I don't get flags I dont get credits reduce flag.

What I get is a grind every freaking week system cause we need to you to play every day for the whales.

Hard pass I will do it once a blue moon to get the rest of 2700k steel i need for FDR.

• Cool 2

Players
3,147 posts
17,785 battles
2 hours ago, Sunleader said:

But I do think the New System is Better.

You say the Rewards are Low. But they are Basicly the Same as before. Just that instead of 1 Big Ranked Grind you get Several smaller Rank Grinds

You're free to like the new system, but please dont make objectively false statements. 

1) maximum possible rewards per season is objectively lower than before (less steel, less doubloons)

2) aquiring max rewards will require twice to three times as many games (by extrapolation - we have yet to see)

Personally it's the second point that really sticks in my craw. Grinding out 50-100 games / week for R1 in gold league to earn the required 18 stars is just plain insane.

• Cool 5

Players
3,029 posts
3 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

X FOR DOUBT

Dude put heavy time into dis,

I upvoted his extreme dedication.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,212 posts

Good thing is you dont need to progress and you still get some steel from it if you just win some matches, bad thing is its season 0 and we are all in the same pot, might be better after a while, maybe

• Funny 1

Players
1,121 posts
12,798 battles
3 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Well, i now ranked out in i think less than 20 battles. Pretty sure in fact. Never got to rank 1 before, but i did have seasons with 100+ battles due to the lack of saving points.

Basically its a huge improvement for ppl who couldnt be bothered with the old grind due to lack of saving points, since you now get rewarded by WINS rather than by rank, AND there are more saving points to ease the progression. 

I dont quite understand how things would work for you before, but if youd indeed go for rank 9 or so an extra 1100 steel is very significant imo. Also, we now get consistent doubloons, previously unavailable unless you ranked out

• Bad 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,524 posts
12,284 battles
3 hours ago, Sunleader said:

I dont really Play Ranked either Ways. Because Relying on Random Teammates is Generally something I hate like the Pest.

and i hate divisions , so i win

• Cool 1

[SLAPP]
Players
1,437 posts
9,091 battles
4 hours ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

i mean the old ranked gave 5500 steel in 1 ranked of a month. and if u really wanted to play you could do that in a week as well 

• Cool 1

Players
1,121 posts
12,798 battles
21 minutes ago, lameoll said:

i mean the old ranked gave 5500 steel in 1 ranked of a month. and if u really wanted to play you could do that in a week as well 

Yeah, but then it had a 1 month downtime after. Now we have no downtime

• Bad 1

[SLAPP]
Players
1,437 posts
9,091 battles

Yes but if u want over 5500 steel now u basicly need to play every week get to rank 1 every week and mostly do that in at least in silver or gold. 

so more games and more time needed. and also no other rewards 

• Cool 1

[THESO]
3,821 posts
9,028 battles
1 hour ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

You're free to like the new system, but please dont make objectively false statements. 

1) maximum possible rewards per season is objectively lower than before (less steel, less doubloons)

2) aquiring max rewards will require twice to three times as many games (by extrapolation - we have yet to see)

Personally it's the second point that really sticks in my craw. Grinding out 50-100 games / week for R1 in gold league to earn the required 18 stars is just plain insane.

lol

Mate. Not to Offend You. But you basicly just Said that I would be Factually and Objectively Wrong. Right after that however you Say that you do not actually know that I am Wrong because you dont even know yet how Difficult it is and can only Guess.....

You effectively just now Defeated your own Statement lol.

But well. The Nitpicking on your Wording aside.

Yes. In the Purely Literal Sense your Statement is Correct. The Reward per 1 Season has been Reduced.

Which I have not actually Denied if you had bothered Reading my Statement that you Yourself Quoted lol.

I said that you get Less Reward for the 1 Grind. But now get Several Smaller Grinds each of which give a Reward.

You even Quoted that "" Just that instead of 1 Big Ranked Grind you get Several smaller Rank Grinds "" lol

Now. Lets Look at the Rewards itself.

The Current Ranked Season has a Reward of 3300 Steel, 2100 Doubloons, 24000 Coal

The Plan is for these to basicly happen in a 2 Month Cycle.

The last one was 5500 Steel, 2750 Doubloons (Rewards on these Varied between 4800 and 5500 Steel per Season)

These tended to happen in a 3 Month Cycle.

The last Sprint was 10.000 Coal

These happened Irregularily in between. But in Average 1 for every 5 Months.

Now what do you Notice.

Yep.

The Cycle Shortened. And the Rewards given out for Sprint and Full Season have been Combined.

Now lets Add that into an Average for 6 Months.

Which means you get 2 Seasons and 1 Sprint for the Old System.

And 3 Seasons for the New System.

Thats 9900 Steel, 6300 Doubloons and 72000 Coal for 6 Months on the New System.

And 11000 Steel, 5500 Doubloons and 12000 Coal for 6 Months on the Old System.

(The Old Season Calculation is Assuming all Seasons would be 5500 ones. Which wasnt the Case. Actually. As the last before that was 4800 Which means actually it would be 10300 Steel. But thats Splitting Hairs and we dont yet know how Rewards for the New Seasons will Vary)

Now.

Notice Something ?

Yep. The Steel got Reduced Slightly. The Doubloons actually went up slightly. And the Coal actually went up Massively.

So Yes. In Literal Words your Statement is Correct. That the Reward per Season was Reduced.

However. The Rewards in General are Effectively the Same. Because you also get more Seasons inside the same Timeframe and get the Bonus of the Sprints basicly becoming Part of the actual Season.

Now. That Statement is Questionable.

First Off. The Reward System has been Changed.

You now get a part of the Rewards Guaranteed by just Achieving Victories instead of needing Successive Victories. Which means in Average you will get more Rewards if your a Player not usually Ranking out.

However. Lets go for Rank Out Rewards.

In the Last Season. You needed 55 Victories for a Rank Out if you Started from Lowest Starting Position.

Out of that. You need a Streak of 42 Victories were Stars that you Could lose in Defeat. Which means you Needed these 42 Victories MORE than you got Defeated.

Now. From the Leadboards we can Tell for the last Season. That a Player which Achieved a Winrate of over 70% only needed 70 Games. A Player with about 60% Winrate needed about 130 Games. And Players with 50-55% needed 200+ and some even 300+ and more Games

That was Down to the Vast Amount of Stars you had to Win in Successive Victories. Meaning you Lose Stars if you Lose a Battle.

The New System is a bit Different.

You actually need 104 Victories in Total for a Rank Out if you Started from the Lowest Starting Position.

Out of that however. The Longest Streak of Victories with no Fallbacks you have. Is only 18 instead of 42. Which means that

So. If of course your one of these Elite Players with a 70% Winrate. Then Yes Indeed. It is Likely you will need more Games in Total than before. Because you will likely need around 120-130 Games instead of less than 100.

If your a 60% Winrate Player then it will likely be not really a Big Difference. You woulld need about 150. So just a few more than before.

If your a 50-55% Winrate Player meanwhile. Its likely you will need far less Games. Because you got way more Fallback Points. Maybe even going under the 200 you needed before.

For me. As a Casual Player. This is Therefore become way Easier to be Honest.

Now if your some Pro Player (I didnt bother Checking your Stats) then well yeah. Guess I am Sorry for you.

Such is Life on World of Warships. WG Caters to Casuals. Not Hardcores :)

Because you See. I wont even Bother.

I.ll do my 12 Victories or what it is without even looking at the Stars. And then I will have 300 Steel.

I.ll do that 6 times. For a Total of 1800 Steel in the Season without all the Rank Grinding Rubbish bothering me at all.

Thats way more than a Casual like me who doesnt want to bother Fighting against the Waves will normally get.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[THESO]
Players
4,601 posts

Played 1 game.

We agreed ... 1 DD to A rest to C.

Two minutes later, 2 of us going C, the rest float around in all direction.

This game is generally unhealthy ... it really is... doesn't matter how they try to tweak it ... its the players, who make it unplayable.

6ffba19b1d3a397918c1bf1d0cc53727.gif

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

[MRP]
Players
84 posts
7,581 battles
13 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

For me. As a Casual Player. This is Therefore become way Easier to be Honest.

Yes it will be easier for you a casual to play wows every week for dozen of hours with a teams that make you wish this game didn't exist.

Rather than come into game play for few days a week once every blue moon and get around same results -_-.

Please you can go all scientific mumbo jumbo here but there is a difference between playing this game every day and playing it for a week every few weeks.

Just like a person above said. Most of the time half of your team is below low tier bots level.

• Funny 2

[THESO]
3,821 posts
9,028 battles
24 minutes ago, Xaturas said:

Yes it will be easier for you a casual to play wows every week for dozen of hours with a teams that make you wish this game didn't exist.

Rather than come into game play for few days a week once every blue moon and get around same results -_-.

Please you can go all scientific mumbo jumbo here but there is a difference between playing this game every day and playing it for a week every few weeks.

Just like a person above said. Most of the time half of your team is below low tier bots level.

Sure. Because Achiving 42 Friggin Stars was sooo much Easier with these Low Tier Bot Teams lol

[MRP]
Players
84 posts
7,581 battles
50 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Sure. Because Achiving 42 Friggin Stars was sooo much Easier with these Low Tier Bot Teams lol

Still easier than plaiyng this shitty game week to week for a year.

Especially with the level of team that you get thrown into your games.

Just last game i had a moskva that didn't use radar because dd was behind rocks and moskva wouldn't be able to shoot at dd.

Thats the level of IQ you get a tier10 that doesn't know how to use his radar.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[JRM]
Players
7,212 posts
9 minutes ago, Xaturas said:

Still easier than plaiyng this shitty game week to week for a year.

Especially with the level of team that you get thrown into your games.

Well WOWS i getting more and more alike those cheap quick money grab games on cell phones...

• Cool 1