You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bainsmit_steel

MVR overnerfed?

58 comments in this topic

Players
104 posts
9,091 battles

I do not want to start a flame war I just have an feeling tat MVR recent recticle change made it AP bombs from overprecise to not usable at all i.e they tend to go much near outer edge of recticle which make that you can barely hit even BBS with perfect drops...not to mention ca also even if it is a hit it do no damage...what are your experience about it?

I do agree that state of mvr should be addressed but on that way mvr lost its main weapon more or less...or it is maybe only me...

• Cool 5
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 2

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,568 posts
9,398 battles

Looks like Hakuryu is back in the game. 

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
7,212 posts
31 minutes ago, Bainsmit_steel said:

I do not want to start a flame war I just have an feeling tat MVR recent recticle change made it AP bombs from overprecise to not usable at all i.e they tend to go much near outer edge of recticle which make that you can barely hit even BBS with perfect drops...not to mention ca also even if it is a hit it do no damage...what are your experience about it?

I do agree that state of mvr should be addressed but on that way mvr lost its main weapon more or less...or it is maybe only me...

I agree completely, we should all have been privileged to get ra*ed by that abomination in every match, esp Ranked and CB where teams are smaller, after all we cant have the large CV community actually making some effort to dump on the rest of plebs can we...

• Cool 9

[RODS]
Players
1,598 posts
7,706 battles
2 hours ago, Bainsmit_steel said:

I do not want to start a flame war

However u did post

I just have an feeling tat MVR recent recticle change made it AP bombs from overprecise to not usable at all i.e they tend to go much near outer edge of recticle which make that you can barely hit even BBS with perfect drops

Getting a sure citadel on every drop was a bit too much

...not to mention ca also even if it is a hit it do no damage...what are your experience about it?

U mean like when a light cruiser bounces Yamato shells ?

Even Yamato misses some volleys (and is at a disadvantage cos it cant spot anywhere on the map at will)

[BOATY]
Players
825 posts
15,118 battles
1 minute ago, Ronchabale said:

However u did post

Getting a sure citadel on every drop was a bit too much

U mean like when a light cruiser bounces Yamato shells ?

Even Yamato misses some volleys (and is at a disadvantage cos it cant spot anywhere on the map at will)

Yamato can also land a 60k hit at 20km. MVR can not.

• Bad 4

[RODS]
Players
1,598 posts
7,706 battles
1 minute ago, The_Chiv said:

Yamato can also land a 60k hit at 20km. MVR can not.

can.. in theory yes

but how often ?

[BOATY]
Players
825 posts
15,118 battles
Just now, Ronchabale said:

can.. in theory yes

but how often ?

Not often, but I can also point out a ton of other details that highlight the natural negatives a cv has to contend with that no other ship has to.

• Funny 5
  • Bad 6

[RODS]
Players
1,598 posts
7,706 battles
5 minutes ago, The_Chiv said:

Not often,

U see

but I can also point out a ton of other details that highlight the natural negatives a cv has to contend with that no other ship has to.

But the whining about nerfed CV:s has gone on for so long and I guess that in the interest of mankinds best u wont

• Cool 1

Players
104 posts
9,091 battles

1. I did post because there is no other way to get other people experience. I was reluctant as I know what are the sentiments toward cvs.

2. I agree that old AP bombs was too accurate and did too much damage but now they can not hit a thing they are even worse then GZ AP bombs.

3. I did say that MVR should be addressedand I mean it but this recticle thingy is not solution it basically rendered AP bombs from OP to useless...at least for me...maybe some other players perform better.

I personally think that bomb ap damage should be reduced and it would make life to all much easier and leave recticle like the old one.

Regards,

[MIAO]
Players
1,670 posts
7,764 battles

@Excavatus I choose you!

well, i only played MVR pre nerf in public test and she was nice (i didn't knew when to drop bombs high or low quote but ok) but jesus, blapping people for 26k damage or 18k everytime was fun, as far as i read it is not anymore for people that laugh and love no counterplay ships.

[BOATY]
Players
825 posts
15,118 battles
6 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

U see

But the whining about nerfed CV:s has gone on for so long and I guess that in the interest of mankinds best u wont

No it is pointless to provide facts to people who only want to have their ignorance reaffirmed. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[BOATY]
Players
825 posts
15,118 battles
3 minutes ago, Bainsmit_steel said:

I am not aware of it but even then torps at mvr are meh at best.

commander skill tree rework is has a few buffs to cvs in general built in

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,821 posts
9,018 battles

Not often, but I can also point out a ton of other details that highlight the natural negatives a cv has to contend with that no other ship has to.

I mean Yeah. Other Ships for example do not have to contend with Plane Losses for example. So Technically your Right lol.

Thing is. The Reason they dont need to Contend with Plane Losses. Is because they do not have Planes to Perform Repeated Guided Strikes with Unlimited Range lol

So somehow I doubt thats really going to make for a Convincing Argument.

And No. Actually. Yamato cannot do a 60k Hit from 20km Away.

Yamato can do 14.800 Damage in a Hit on a Ship that is 20km Away from your own. And assuming it Hits all 3 Shells from each of the 3 Guns. It can in Theory do a Total of 133k Damage in one Full Salvo.

Manfred can do 8.800 Damage in a Hit on a Ship that is Unlimited Distance Away from your own. And assuming it Hits all 3 Bombs from each of the 4 Wings it can in Theory do a Total of 105k Damage in one Full Squadron.

Thing is. Thats theoretical Values which have a 1 in a Million Chance of Happening.

In a General Game we have 3 Scenarios that are Realistic for a Comparisson.

Against a Good Player who isnt out of Position. Yamato will usually do around 3-5k in a Salvo. While Manfred will do 1 Drop for around 10-15k

Against a Good Player who in order to Win the Game is currently holding an Importand Position which however doesnt allow him to Fully Defend himself. Yamato will maybe manage a Salvo of maybe 10-20k while Manfred will tend to manage 2 Drops of 15-20k.

Against a Crab Player that is out of Position and has no Idea what he is doing. A Yamato can let loose and do 20-50k in a Single Salvo. Manfred meanwhile will do 3 Drops of 15-20k

To begin with. Trying to Compare Damage Output on 20km Away Targets however is a Futile and Really Meaningless Comparisson.

There is no Way any BB will ever even come Close to a CV on this kind of Comparisson. And its also not really a Realistic Situation. Because the BB will be Closer and there will always be other Interferences.

CVs meanwhile are not doing Damage in Single Salvos or by having a Single Huge Damage Event happening. CVs Deal Damage by Repeated Strikes. Not by Single Salvos.

So your Effectively trying to claim that a Bucket Full of Water would be better to Water Plants than a Garden Hose.

Because the Bucket of Water Expedites more Water in a Single Moment.

Which is just not how things is. Because the Garden Hose will just keep it coming lol.

• Cool 7

[RODS]
Players
1,598 posts
7,706 battles
10 minutes ago, The_Chiv said:

No it is pointless to provide facts to people who only want to have their ignorance reaffirmed. 

No I wouldn´t know

Personally I have never really "duked it out" with any MVR

Thanks to MVR being 25 km away and undetected I have only been on the "receiving" end 

[RONIN]
Players
479 posts
4,406 battles

Just tested it, well hitting BBs no problems, dispersion doesnt really matter. But hitting Cruisers bombs go all around the way, they go too much left and right instead of the middle, even when fully aimed. Getting overpens, missed shots. But then again you always have rocket planes for cruisers.

.Feels more "balanced" now.

shot-20.12.25_12.35.17-0100.jpg

• Cool 2

[BOATY]
Players
825 posts
15,118 battles
3 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

No I wouldn´t know

Personally I have never really "duked it out" with any MVR

Thanks to MVR being 25 km away and undetected I have only been on the "receiving" end 

Don't get me wrong ship was broke back, but not invincible.

Players
104 posts
9,091 battles
4 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Just tested it, well hitting BBs no problems, dispersion doesnt really matter. But hitting Cruisers bombs go all around the way, they go too much left and right instead of the middle, even when fully aimed. Getting overpens, missed shots. But then again you always have rocket planes for cruisers.

.Feels more "balanced" now.

shot-20.12.25_12.35.17-0100.jpg

My experience is similar large bbs I can hit, smaller bbs and cruisers I can not...

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Players
825 posts
15,118 battles
9 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

I mean Yeah. Other Ships for example do not have to contend with Plane Losses for example. So Technically your Right lol.

Thing is. The Reason they dont need to Contend with Plane Losses. Is because they do not have Planes to Perform Repeated Guided Strikes with Unlimited Range lol

So somehow I doubt thats really going to make for a Convincing Argument.

And No. Actually. Yamato cannot do a 60k Hit from 20km Away.

Yamato can do 14.800 Damage in a Hit on a Ship that is 20km Away from your own. And assuming it Hits all 3 Shells from each of the 3 Guns. It can in Theory do a Total of 133k Damage in one Full Salvo.

Manfred can do 8.800 Damage in a Hit on a Ship that is Unlimited Distance Away from your own. And assuming it Hits all 3 Bombs from each of the 4 Wings it can in Theory do a Total of 105k Damage in one Full Squadron.

Thing is. Thats theoretical Values which have a 1 in a Million Chance of Happening.

In a General Game we have 3 Scenarios that are Realistic for a Comparisson.

Against a Good Player who isnt out of Position. Yamato will usually do around 3-5k in a Salvo. While Manfred will do 1 Drop for around 10-15k

Against a Good Player who in order to Win the Game is currently holding an Importand Position which however doesnt allow him to Fully Defend himself. Yamato will maybe manage a Salvo of maybe 10-20k while Manfred will tend to manage 2 Drops of 15-20k.

Against a Crab Player that is out of Position and has no Idea what he is doing. A Yamato can let loose and do 20-50k in a Single Salvo. Manfred meanwhile will do 3 Drops of 15-20k

To begin with. Trying to Compare Damage Output on 20km Away Targets however is a Futile and Really Meaningless Comparisson.

There is no Way any BB will ever even come Close to a CV on this kind of Comparisson. And its also not really a Realistic Situation. Because the BB will be Closer and there will always be other Interferences.

CVs meanwhile are not doing Damage in Single Salvos or by having a Single Huge Damage Event happening. CVs Deal Damage by Repeated Strikes. Not by Single Salvos.

So your Effectively trying to claim that a Bucket Full of Water would be better to Water Plants than a Garden Hose.

Because the Bucket of Water Expedites more Water in a Single Moment.

Which is just not how things is. Because the Garden Hose will just keep it coming lol.

Jesus another wall of text.Yes cv's are powerful. Yes MVR needed balancing. Everything else, WG doesn't care about your feelings and till that changes you are just wasting energy.

Yes you can do 60k at 20km with Yammy, however it is much simpler to do 20k plus per strike in an MVR when you are attacking a stationary or backpeddling bb that is posted up on an important position.

CVS's are opportunistic hunters that can exploit campers and bow tankers. Everything else is just you grandstanding and trying to impress a point that obviously WG doesnt give a damn about and again a waste of energy.

I never compared damage outputs. I stated Yammy can do 60k at 20km. A yammy can always have that potential damage throughout the game unless a turret is destroyed. A cv on the other hand loses that potential with each plane that is destroyed. This loss of potential is easier to achieve as it is done by a nearly automated(and woefully under powered) system.

No I never said that, you are just grandstanding at this point. I would point out that a perforated bucket was the inspiration to the watering can as it can simulated rain which is by far a much better means of watering plants and has a higher degree of control over a hose. I mean if you are going to post nonsense I can at least make it educational.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[LADA]
Players
619 posts
9,059 battles

Anything that makes a CV player's life less fun always gets my vote. Hell, if I had my way I'd have the game delivery high voltage shocks through the keyboard whenever anyone attempted to click 'Battle' with a CV selected. 

Of course that is silly and unrealistic - won't happen. 

Any fool knows that keys on keyboards are made of plastic and thus not conductive of electricity. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Angry 1

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
3 hours ago, The_Chiv said:

Nothing else has the ability to spot and drop anything on the entire map from perfect safety, without taking any risks. CV's are broken enough without the huge alpha potential so I'm really not sure what your point is? Also, what is more powerful, landing a 60k volley once in a blue moon when your target clearly misplayed and gave you flat broadside (and then the planets aligned to give you god tier rng on that salvo), and to take that shot you had to be in a position where people can shoot back at you... or land several consecutive 15-20k drops in a row, consistently, most of the time regardless of what your target is doing? That's what those AP bombers allowed. The topic was, is MvR overnerfed, and any sane person has to say "no" to that.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,821 posts
9,018 battles
28 minutes ago, The_Chiv said:

Jesus another wall of text.Yes cv's are powerful. Yes MVR needed balancing. Everything else, WG doesn't care about your feelings and till that changes you are just wasting energy.

Yes you can do 60k at 20km with Yammy, however it is much simpler to do 20k plus per strike in an MVR when you are attacking a stationary or backpeddling bb that is posted up on an important position.

CVS's are opportunistic hunters that can exploit campers and bow tankers. Everything else is just you grandstanding and trying to impress a point that obviously WG doesnt give a damn about and again a waste of energy.

I never compared damage outputs. I stated Yammy can do 60k at 20km. A yammy can always have that potential damage throughout the game unless a turret is destroyed. A cv on the other hand loses that potential with each plane that is destroyed. This loss of potential is easier to achieve as it is done by a nearly automated(and woefully under powered) system.

No I never said that, you are just grandstanding at this point. I would point out that a perforated bucket was the inspiration to the watering can as it can simulated rain which is by far a much better means of watering plants and has a higher degree of control over a hose. I mean if you are going to post nonsense I can at least make it educational.

All CVs need Balancing. Funny enough MVR is the one which needs it the least out of the T10 ones really. Because its only Powerful in Direct Combat Power but actually less Influental than other CVs.

WG Caring or not Doesnt Change Facts and its not really Impressing anyone to Hide behind WG Mate.

Just because some Dictator in North Korea doesnt care about Human Rights doesnt mean that I will just Say its Fine to Break them.

If you however Wish to say that Mass Murder and Oppression is Perfectly Acceptable in North Korea because the Government there doesnt care about Peoples Opinions on it. Then well. Thats your thing I guess.

So what you are Basicly Admitting there. Is that Yamato can do 60k on 20km once in a 100 Matches due to an Enemy making an completely Unecessary Mistake while the Yamato is in Perfect Position to abuse it and on top is Lucky enough to actually Hit enough Citadels.

While Manfred can do 20k Hits per Drop Reliably in almost Every Match against Ships that have to be there if their Team wants to have any Chance at Victory.

And Yes. Indeed thats how it is.

No not really. A BB is a Opportunistic Hunter. A DD is a Opportunistic Hunter. Because these Ships in order to do Deal Devastating Damage to a Target need an Opportunity Resulting from an Enemy Mistake.

A CV is Different. He doesnt really need an Opportunity. A CV can Create his own Opportunities and a CV on top can Deal these Strikes if the Enemy is the Positions where he needs to be to Win the Game.

No. A Yammy no longer has that Potential throughout the Game. Because you know. While the CV only Loses Planes but is still there. The Yamato in Engagements loses HP and will Simply Die.

Thats the Difference.

A CV Fighting will lose Planes and if he Messes up he will lose alot of Planes at once. Potentially even losing 1 of its Squadrons Strike Capacity.

A BB Fighting will lose HP and if he Messes up he will Die extremely Fast. Potentially losing ALL of his Attack Capacitiy because HE IS SUNK.

Imagine a BB that if it gets Killed due to a Stupid Mistake or Yolo. Just gets Respawned with 1 Turret Destroyed. The Turret needing 3 Minutes of Repair per Gun before it becomes usable again.

Each Time the BB gets Killed another Turret is Disabled. Meaning if a Yammi gets Killed 3 Times in less than 9 Minutes it would be without Guns.

Equivalent to a CV being Deplaned Practically.

Now let me Ask you.

That Yamato vs a Normal Yamato. Who do you think would be Stronger in a Match ?

The one which basicly gets Several Attempts altough with Diminishing Efficiency after each Death.

Or the Yammo that just remains Out of the Game after the First Death ?

Answer is pretty Simple if you ask me....

If you Dislike Grandstanding maybe stop constantly doing it....

I mean. Sorry. But Seriously ? You Justify CVs Overpowered Advantages by Comparing it to Single Salvo Damage Output of Yamato ?

Thats about as Grandstanding as it gets Mate.

• Cool 3

[PLCTS]
Players
21 posts
4,390 battles

I got focussed by a MVR last night. I dodged, activated AA boosters and launched my fighters whenever ready and after like 4-5 sorties i just received like 15k damage. Still don't know if the OP has a point or that MVR player was just a noob. I was playing Izumo which is such a juicy target for CVs by the way.