Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
shonai

ST 0.10.0, balance changes and changes to test ships

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[MIAO]
Players
1,656 posts
7,718 battles
13 minuti fa, shonai ha scritto:

We adjusted the parameters of some ships based on their performance. The changes will be applied to Italian battleships and cruisers, Max Immelmann and some other ships.

Read more: https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/108

fiji buff and mysore buff i think it's VERY nice, cv ones well... not that much

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,940 posts
3,695 battles

Well, I honestly didn't know that Nino Bixio and Taranto had different acceleration :Smile_amazed:, anyway.

CV changes... like if those need any buffs :Smile-angry:.

I'd honestly excepting the nerfs to Italian BBs, i was surprised that it wasn't in previous dev blogs.

Mysore, okay

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Modder
4,964 posts
9,170 battles

Will there be THREE tier10 german CVs?

- Richthofen

- Immelmann

- Voss

Or are the latter two they just testing version/copies?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,940 posts
3,695 battles
18 minuti fa, principat121 ha scritto:

Will there be THREE tier10 german CVs?

- Richthofen

- Immelmann

- Voss

Or are the latter two they just testing version/copies?

Voss in the test version of Immelman

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DK]
Players
258 posts
2,011 battles

so if i understand the changes correctly they removed the max immelmann's dive bombers and rocket planes and gave it the worst torpedoes on a carrier in what seems to be tier 9 equivelant planes. interesting. also it was a big change to the ship overall not a direct buff.

they also said researchable bombers of Werner Voss so does this mean it might become more than just a test ship?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MIAO]
Players
1,656 posts
7,718 battles
1 minuto fa, siraiaw ha scritto:

so if i understand the changes correctly they removed the max immelmann's dive bombers and rocket planes and gave it the worst torpedoes on a carrier in what seems to be tier 9 equivelant planes. interesting. also it was a big change to the ship overall not a direct buff.

they also said researchable bombers of Werner Voss so does this mean it might become more than just a test ship?

maybe like anshan that has two torps option, a 4km one and 8km one, free

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MIAO]
Players
1,656 posts
7,718 battles
8 minuti fa, wot_2016_gunner ha scritto:

Voss in the test version of Immelman

i see it this way:

richthofen is the final version of voss which is the test version of immelmann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DK]
Players
258 posts
2,011 battles
1 minute ago, arquata2019 said:

i see it this way:

richthofen is the final version of voss which is the test version of immelmann

so like the american cvs? with their TTs and Hvar options?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MIAO]
Players
1,656 posts
7,718 battles
17 minuti fa, siraiaw ha scritto:

so like the american cvs? with their TTs and Hvar options?

what do you mean "american cvs"? (i know USA ones, but what do you mean?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DK]
Players
258 posts
2,011 battles
2 minutes ago, arquata2019 said:

what do you mean "american cvs"? (i know USA ones, but what do you mean?)

the Lexington and Midway can choose between many small rockets(HVAR rockets) and a few but powerful rockets(Tiny Tims or TTs) that is what i meant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MIAO]
Players
1,656 posts
7,718 battles
4 minuti fa, siraiaw ha scritto:

the Lexington and Midway can choose between many small rockets(HVAR rockets) and a few but powerful rockets(Tiny Tims or TTs) that is what i meant

i thought you asked about test version of etc

i know about rockets :D

sry for misunderstanding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DK]
Players
258 posts
2,011 battles
6 minutes ago, S_h_i_v_a said:

 

Max Immelman? Not on wiki.

that is because it is a upcoming special tier 10 ship

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ZEN]
Players
1,309 posts
14,190 battles

SAP for all Italian BBs needs a further 4k alpha damage taken off it for all ships, then we can have some reload and accuracy back on them so they are not just SAP spammers that rely on RNG to hit anything.

 

Fiji buff? What are you smoking WG Fiji is probably the strongest T7 cruiser in the game :fish_palm:

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
7,787 posts
39,256 battles

So this Immelmann will be an alternative CV version of GZ (torps) that have the same amount of torps in attack wave as Kaga, and bombs from Loewenhardt but more of them as skip bombers?! 

Well this means this CV will have totally zero armament against DD. Yes 4 torps is a lot in one attack but they are so slow any DD can outmanoeuvre them. Skip bombers are more RNG than GZ bombs so they will only got bigger targets. And they didn't mention the rockets so they'll be same as they were (from MvR). 

So if a DD will get you - pray for secondaries to hit it. Or maybe secondary build will be viable with the new commander skills on CVs. Hmm. We shall see. Probably this CV will be for coal, although I'm not sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DK]
Players
258 posts
2,011 battles
1 hour ago, MacArthur92 said:

So this Immelmann will be an alternative CV version of GZ (torps) that have the same amount of torps in attack wave as Kaga, and bombs from Loewenhardt but more of them as skip bombers?! 

Well this means this CV will have totally zero armament against DD. Yes 4 torps is a lot in one attack but they are so slow any DD can outmanoeuvre them. Skip bombers are more RNG than GZ bombs so they will only got bigger targets. And they didn't mention the rockets so they'll be same as they were (from MvR). 

So if a DD will get you - pray for secondaries to hit it. Or maybe secondary build will be viable with the new commander skills on CVs. Hmm. We shall see. Probably this CV will be for coal, although I'm not sure. 

they specifically say hat it only has two squadrons of two types of planes, this makes it sound like it does not have any rocket planes. so it may seem more like a tier 10 indomitable that can spam skip bombers and torpedoes instead of rockets and carpet bombers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
1,952 posts
14,594 battles
7 hours ago, arquata2019 said:

fiji buff and mysore buff i think it's VERY nice, cv ones well... not that much

 

5 hours ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

Fiji buff? What are you smoking WG Fiji is probably the strongest T7 cruiser in the game :fish_palm:

 

1 hour ago, gopher31 said:

Fiji gets a buff? Isn't she the best silver tier 7 cruiser already?

 

Fiji ''buff'' is an historical accuracy consideration as reported by some.

 

But let's be real, nothing really changes. Nothing overmatches 38mm, and for HE shells - what would pen before still pens with 51mm, what would shatter before still shatters. Exception for one or two ships, like Nurnberg with 38mm HE pen.

Also, it's only this tiny section mostly covered by other elements:

 

unknown.thumb.png.a8f792cff663e3f44cd05adc7e099e9c.png

 

AP bombs may arm a little easier now though at this point, if it didn't already. Idk how well Fiji handles getting hit by them.  

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ZEN]
Players
1,309 posts
14,190 battles
4 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

But let's be real, nothing really changes. Nothing overmatches 38mm, and for HE shells - what would pen before still pens with 51mm, what would shatter before still shatters. 

Also, it's only this section:

It protects it from Nurnburg and Makarov HE, and considering how many Makarovs WG have given out it might be the most common Cruiser HE it will be on the receiving end of :Smile_trollface:

 

But you are correct that it really won't do much other than arm AP bombs, but still odd to see something that isn't an obvious nerf for the Fiji.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BAD-F]
[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
2 posts
10,446 battles

 

So after a long time, I was looking forward to a premium ship to replace my love for Roma/Littorio and you take the thing I love about them and nerf it to oblivion. Lower the SAP damage all you want, but keep the bloody concealment!!!

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,828 posts
21,644 battles
17 godzin temu, Chaos_Umbra napisał:

Fiji buff? What are you smoking WG

 

Buff for Fiji is always welcomed, with 51 mm we will have another "battle-cruiser" (Scharnhorst has 50 mm deck armour :-)

But on the other hand... In patch 0 10 0 there will be no preventive maintenance for cruisers. What does mean for French cruisers with tissue-paper rudder (Henry excluded)? Engine Room Protection is not enough, besides it collides with other modules in the second slot. Some German 105 mm shell are enough to break this rudder at least once or twice in a battle. Larger calibre HE shells? Have mercy a bit :-)

 

@Crysantos  @MrConway

Did you see how many battleships (120-140) are now in queue in Raked battles and how little cruisers (2-3 CA)? Don't you think it's time to strengthen some parts of tissue-paper ships (French rudder for example)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-GG-]
[-GG-]
Players
371 posts
21,361 battles
On 12/25/2020 at 11:37 AM, umbra_arboris said:

 

Buff for Fiji is always welcomed, with 51 mm we will have another "battle-cruiser" (Scharnhorst has 50 mm deck armour :-)

But on the other hand... In patch 0 10 0 there will be no preventive maintenance for cruisers. What does mean for French cruisers with tissue-paper rudder (Henry excluded)? Engine Room Protection is not enough, besides it collides with other modules in the second slot. Some German 105 mm shell are enough to break this rudder at least once or twice in a battle. Larger calibre HE shells? Have mercy a bit :-)

 

@Crysantos  @MrConway

Did you see how many battleships (120-140) are now in queue in Raked battles and how little cruisers (2-3 CA)? Don't you think it's time to strengthen some parts of tissue-paper ships (French rudder for example)?

I WG theory "light" cruisers (as lower tier FRA, JPN) are more able to manouver to mitigate hits. That change in 0.10.0 is aimed at bow-on campers like Stalin, Des Moines, Petro.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×