Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
snadge666

Coal Neustrashimy

24 comments in this topic

[CAIN]
Players
4,805 posts
20,043 battles

At some point t yes, but not anytime soon AFAIK.

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
11,779 posts
4 minutes ago, snadge666 said:

Hi All, will the 25% off coal coupon ever be able to be used on Neustrashimy, atm it can't be.

Neustrashimy and Flint should be moved to the "normal" ship section (where coupons can be used) in one or two patches

[1FA]
Players
387 posts
17,839 battles

Flint and Neustrashimy will be moved among standard coal ships in 0.10.1, ie. in two months.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
1,352 posts
16,866 battles
33 minutes ago, snadge666 said:

Hi All, will the 25% off coal coupon ever be able to be used on Neustrashimy, atm it can't be.

It's a safety precaution, intended to prevent the people who want to buy it from getting it and making a huge mistake. Thank WG for that and get a ship worthwhile instead.

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
2 minutes ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

It's a safety precaution, intended to prevent the people who want to buy it from getting it and making a huge mistake. Thank WG for that and get a ship worthwhile instead.

BS.

And it depends.

I'm glad i have the Flint, after holding on to my coal for what... 6 months? i got it day one i don't feel i made a mistake.

the notion of  worthwhile  may vary  from person to person

@snadge666

I don't know you, i don't even know in what class you are main and dds are not my thing, so i can't help you there.

But from what i've heard, it has a monster heal and it's a good all around ship, not the best in a particular thing but it can do all dd things.

I'll just leave this.

2 months?

if you get 2 daily coal containers a day that's 60 containers, that's 24 k in coal, minimum.

and we are in the snowflake season so...

the rest is up to you

• Cool 1

[R3B3L]
Players
1,105 posts
31,440 battles
2 hours ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

If someone wants a certain ship, let him have it.

I got Duca D´Aosta despite everyone yelling "don´t do it".

No regret, have over a million XP on her.

Thanks to everyone replying to OP, i didn´t know the Neustrashimy was about to become obtainable with coupon soonish. Really awaiting the ship.

[NA-TO]
Players
115 posts
1 hour ago, Butterdoll said:

BS.

And it depends.

I'm glad i have the Flint, after holding on to my coal for what... 6 months? i got it day one i don't feel i made a mistake.

@snadge666

I don't know you, i don't even know in what class you are main and dds are not my thing, so i can't help you there.

But from what i've heard, it has a monster heal and it's a good all around ship, not the best in a particular thing but it can do all dd things.

I'll just leave this.

2 months?

if you get 2 daily coal containers a day that's 60 containers, that's 24 k in coal, minimum.

and we are in the snowflake season so...

the rest is up to you

Yeah I'll probably keep saving up for her now I know the coupon will be useable for her, I notice a lot of these posters on threads about certain ships, passive, aggressive digs at peoples stats, yeah I'm a pretty newish player and have a lot of learning to do but I still want decent ships to play when I am a better player.

Thanks for all the replies.

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
1 minute ago, snadge666 said:

Yeah I'll probably keep saving up for her now I know the coupon will be useable for her, I notice a lot of these posters on threads about certain ships, passive, aggressive digs at peoples stats, yeah I'm a pretty newish player and have a lot of learning to do but I still want decent ships to play when I am a better player.

Thanks for all the replies.

First of all, i'm in no position to advice you about dds, ok?

And the following are mine opinion and only applies if you are a dd player or even a dd main, if you are neither, don't waste your resources in an alien class.

And the rare ships thing or ships that will be taken out thing it's only worth it if you find the ship will suite your play style.

Normally this is the standard advice .

Buy ships of your tier, don't be a...let's say a tier IV player and buy a ship t8 ship, and so on. for obvious reasons

But in this case this is the exception of the rule, rare ships and ships that will be taken out of the game.

Because...

Rare ships and ships that will be taken out of the game, with time, they will turn in a great unknown for the people who face them because they will disappear from the MM .  Plus they can be resilient to chances or be destroyed by them 

E.g. Belfast.

How many Belfast do you see in the game? very few, right?

A couple of years back they were in a MM game in game out, they were very popular  back then, a must have in a cancer division aka overpowered division composed by overpowered ships. But now, guess, people just don't play them anymore.

the other side of the coin...

E.g. Khaba, this t10 dd was a force to be reckoned with back in the day, now it's just a shadow of it's former self, because of nerfs.

so you may buy a ship that will be caught by the time or be caught in overall changes like Pensa (other example) as a t7 ship it was a turd, all you had to do was look at him and Pensa would explode but look at it now.

It will be a risk and Neustra always have been a rare ship from the get go , if is it because it's trash or not, i don't know, that you have to ask to a proper dd player

Here see this, it's the best i can do in this subject.

Spoiler

[SM0KE]
Players
6,382 posts
14,909 battles
3 hours ago, snadge666 said:

I notice a lot of these posters on threads about certain ships, passive, aggressive digs at peoples stats, yeah I'm a pretty newish player and have a lot of learning to do but I still want decent ships to play when I am a better player.

Whilst my usual advice is to avoid getting premium ships that are much above whatever tier you've got to with silver ships, it's because it's not much fun getting your donkey handed to you in something you've spent a lot of money/resources on, and that assumes PvP mode - do whatever you like in PvE!

As mentioned earlier (by @Butterdoll), perhaps make exceptions for 'soon to be removed' ships though - you can always learn to play them later, and if you don't gel 100% then they'll be useful for missions in Coop at the very least.

As to Neustrashimy, I (mediocre player) think she's excellent, and well worth picking up if you can (and assuming you like DD play). I would expect her to be a pretty decent 'first' T9 DD too, if you have a good enough captain to put in her - she's a really nice balance between dakka, torps, and stealth, and the powerful healing potion can often make up for at least one coq-eurpe (as the French might say). The AA isn't entirely useless too (DefAA), which doesn't do any harm, although you seem to meet fewer CVs in T9 ships at the moment anyway. Overall, she's not amazing at anything (although her stealth is pretty close to class-leading for the tier), but 'good enough' in almost everything.

I've only played a few battles in mine so far, but she's looking like she'll be a favourite, at least until the next time the meta changes significantly.

[THESO]
Players
1,352 posts
16,866 battles
7 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

BS.

And it depends.

I'm nobody's mother so naturally every player can choose whatever he wishes. It's neither my obligation nor intention to overrule that. I just realize the OP has a rather new account with many nice ships missing. It would be unfortunate if he paid an excess amount of coal for a ship that is rather unpopular, just to find out one of the ships to be removed soon, would have been a better choice.

Currently I cannot recommend in peace of conscience to a new player to not secure one of these nice ships for his future endeavors and go for the Neustrashimy instead.

[NA-TO]
Players
115 posts
2 hours ago, Verblonde said:

Whilst my usual advice is to avoid getting premium ships that are much above whatever tier you've got to with silver ships, it's because it's not much fun getting your donkey handed to you in something you've spent a lot of money/resources on, and that assumes PvP mode - do whatever you like in PvE!

As mentioned earlier (by @Butterdoll), perhaps make exceptions for 'soon to be removed' ships though - you can always learn to play them later, and if you don't gel 100% then they'll be useful for missions in Coop at the very least.

As to Neustrashimy, I (mediocre player) think she's excellent, and well worth picking up if you can (and assuming you like DD play). I would expect her to be a pretty decent 'first' T9 DD too, if you have a good enough captain to put in her - she's a really nice balance between dakka, torps, and stealth, and the powerful healing potion can often make up for at least one coq-eurpe (as the French might say). The AA isn't entirely useless too (DefAA), which doesn't do any harm, although you seem to meet fewer CVs in T9 ships at the moment anyway. Overall, she's not amazing at anything (although her stealth is pretty close to class-leading for the tier), but 'good enough' in almost everything.

I've only played a few battles in mine so far, but she's looking like she'll be a favourite, at least until the next time the meta changes significantly.

Thank you for your opinion on Neustrashimy, I have no intentions on getting her yet as without discount token I feel she is too expensive for what she brings to the table, the detection and heal is what interests me, could probably be used to ninja cap constantly, her gun power is mediocre but decent torp power with that detection.

My first concern is Smaland, I know I'm gonna have to chuck some RM to get her and I may never reach 2mill before she disappears. I will probably use my coupon to get Thunderer, another ship that is going to disappear and wait for next coupon for Neustra.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<I'm nobody's mother so naturally every player can choose whatever he wishes. It's neither my obligation nor intention to overrule that. I just realize the OP has a rather new account with many nice ships missing. It would be unfortunate if he paid an excess amount of coal for a ship that is rather unpopular, just to find out one of the ships to be removed soon, would have been a better choice.

Currently I cannot recommend in peace of conscience to a new player to not secure one of these nice ships for his future endeavors and go for the Neustrashimy instead.>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks for the comments, I hope you understand my thoughts above.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,382 posts
14,909 battles
5 minutes ago, snadge666 said:

My first concern is Smaland

Good choice, although horribly over-priced. Be aware, though, that she's hard to play for a mediocre but experienced player like me - she'll be *very* hard if you haven't learned to DD first with the more mainstream lines, *and* got used to smokeless DDs, ideally the Ikea line.

I like Smaland a lot, but she isn't easy mode.

(As far as we know, there isn't a particular hurry for Neustrashimy - she's *apparently* not going anywhere just yet.)

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
1 hour ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

I'm nobody's mother so naturally every player can choose whatever he wishes. It's neither my obligation nor intention to overrule that. I just realize the OP has a rather new account with many nice ships missing. It would be unfortunate if he paid an excess amount of coal for a ship that is rather unpopular, just to find out one of the ships to be removed soon, would have been a better choice.

Currently I cannot recommend in peace of conscience to a new player to not secure one of these nice ships for his future endeavors and go for the Neustrashimy instead.

No, BS , wasn't meant for you.

BS was for that "safety precaution", WG couldn't care less for that or for the players.

WG took full advantage of the ships reputation and legacy .

Let's take Flint as an example.

From a reward ship, to a steel ship, to a coal ship, now it will not receive the same buff that Atlanta will receive with the new captains skill.

When I bought it, i knew the possibility of the reason that ship went from being a reward ship to a coal ship, it would be left behind by WG

they overpriced it with another BS, for that players that always had the ship wouldn't be feeling ...something among this lines

I like Flint, it's a fun ship.

Do i regret buying it at 170 k coal?

No.

[NA-TO]
Players
115 posts
1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

Good choice, although horribly over-priced. Be aware, though, that she's hard to play for a mediocre but experienced player like me - she'll be *very* hard if you haven't learned to DD first with the more mainstream lines, *and* got used to smokeless DDs, ideally the Ikea line.

I like Smaland a lot, but she isn't easy mode.

(As far as we know, there isn't a particular hurry for Neustrashimy - she's *apparently* not going anywhere just yet.)

I'm playing the Visby ATM and enjoying, it's a challenge but like playstyle, not too keen on range spamming damage, really like to make a difference in a game, which I'm doing, mostly with hilarious results.

• Cool 1

[B-F-L]
Players
43 posts
On 12/24/2020 at 12:02 PM, snadge666 said:

This ship coast 296.000 coal and no cuppon is available :(

[-WHO-]
Players
107 posts
8,239 battles

Sorry to jump in anyone knows if or when BLACK is coming back to coal?

Players
1,345 posts
4,488 battles
1 minute ago, raz207 said:

Sorry to jump in anyone knows if or when BLACK is coming back to coal?

Uhm sorry but that ship was renamed the USS OF COLOR

• Funny 3

[ALYEN]
Players
2,051 posts
3,992 battles
38 minutes ago, HawkEyes__ said:

This ship coast 296.000 coal and no cuppon is available :(

wait till 0.10.1 ... the ship will be moved to the normal ship category in Armory and the coupon will work on it ... now it is in the featured category ...

this is a normal WG trick, they add the ships first in a non-SHIP category so the coupons cannot be used to cash on the FOMO crowd ...

• Funny 1

[_OST_]
Moderator, Players, WoWs Wiki Team, Freibeuter
3,476 posts
14,842 battles

Removed 2 posts due to OT.

[NECRO]
Players
1,932 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, Mr_Tingle sagte:

It's in the Armory now for 222k  (with coupon)  :cap_cool:

The price is excessively high. Why is this T9 DD the most expensive coal ship by far?

Players
1,764 posts
11,855 battles
1 minute ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

The price is excessively high. Why is this T9 DD the most expensive coal ship by far?

Have you noticed, over the past months, that everything in the game got more expensive and at the same time the free rewards were tuned down by quite a bit.

[JRM]
Players
7,180 posts
4 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Have you noticed, over the past months, that everything in the game got more expensive and at the same time the free rewards were tuned down by quite a bit.

Well people cant claim WG is not listening to feedback, less free stuff was demanded and less we got... :Smile_popcorn:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this