You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

Hizen Lovers Appreciation thread.

53 comments in this topic

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,869 posts
21,686 battles

I'm going to confess something shameful. I pulled over 1k dubs from the T10 boxes. I already have Yahagi.

So I decided to buy the small starter pack. No real cash spent, as I will get 4k back and I pulled them from my stash.

I watched reviews from "people other than Flamu" and found the ship ok'ish for that price. Plus it's a project A-140-J3.

Yes, I know.

• Cool 2

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles

I think she's one of the ships that will actually become stronger with the commander skill rework. I already have the Yahagi, and I had the doubloons, so yes, I'm going for it.

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,826 posts
20,102 battles
49 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

I think she's one of the ships that will actually become stronger with the commander skill rework. I already have the Yahagi, and I had the doubloons, so yes, I'm going for it.

All BBs will become stronger (Snipers) with the commander skill rework.

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
3 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

All BBs will become stronger (Snipers) with the commander skill rework.

Yup. Then WeeGee can tell us that GeRmAn BbS aRe In A fInE sTaTe.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,063 posts
13,972 battles

It seems to have affected my Karma as it  drops after every battle......

Still too early to say what I think - nothing bad so far.

[JRM]
Players
7,212 posts
4 hours ago, Captain_Newman said:

I agree the 12x IJN 410 rifles hurt, with that sniper perk and Yamamoto it might get really interesting, she is faster then Minnesota as well

Players
1,762 posts
9,421 battles
18 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

I agree the 12x IJN 410 rifles hurt, with that sniper perk and Yamamoto it might get really interesting, she is faster then Minnesota as well

Why would commanderererr reskills make it more interesting??

Beta Tester
5,433 posts
21,893 battles

I'm a Hizen player lover... trying to get Hizen gives them something to do... and for some people it's good to be busy, so they don't do anything stupid.

[SHAD]
Players
3,295 posts
13,474 battles
4 hours ago, Captain_Newman said:

Yup. Then WeeGee can tell us that GeRmAn BbS aRe In A fInE sTaTe.

Our German battleships will look dangerous with their 12.5km spray of secondaries. The Ocean is going to take a pounding while destroyer captains look on in awe.

• Funny 2

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Why would commanderererr reskills make it more interesting??

Because some of the new skills benefit the sniper BB playstyle heavily, meaning she'll become deadlier at range with the right build.

[SINT]
Players
1,008 posts
22,222 battles

Not yet encountered a Hizen... bit disappointed since last year I met several PR from day one. And Hizen is “ cheap” compared to PR.  Like with  PR you had to buy 3 bundles for 24k doubloons (?) and even then either had to grind, wait until natural progress ended or buy the final completion fee directly..because finishing the first 3/ 4 phases with PR was hard. You would buy Gorizia to make them doable. 

With Hizen you can buy the first 15 steps with a huge discount for less then 15k and then buy the 11 remaining ones for 1950 a piece... and the missions are not that hard even..so you might even grind some of them... Maybe this the reason I have hardly seen them...even whales will grind some phases...

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,363 posts
5,766 battles
1 minute ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

What is that?

Musashi, sporting the ARP camo to be precise.

• Cool 4

[I-J-N]
Players
5,739 posts
4 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Musashi, sporting the ARP camo to be precise.

With those flamelike thingies looks set for cruising around, playing loud rockabilly music and making a public nuisance of yourself. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,363 posts
5,766 battles
2 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

With those flamelike thingies looks set for cruising around, playing loud rockabilly music and making a public nuisance of yourself. :Smile_trollface:

Don't make me go hunting you Hizen owners in my 

shot-20_11.13_10_27.20-0156.thumb.jpg.d1fbd5c126b55afc271c9c071229a7ce.jpg

(empty threat as I play co op) 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WCWVE]
Players
1,051 posts
16,914 battles

I have my Hizen, but so far have not taken her out for a spin, too busy knocking T10 snowflakes off of Cv's BB's and Cruisers so far with DD's planned for tomorrow and then onto the T9 9 ships 

So far 28 chests obtained from snowflakes 

[SPURD]
Players
747 posts
5,667 battles

I bought the 5k start because I don't have a T9 premium battleship. If I had, I wouldn't bother with the Hizen. It looks really boring and it's not like skill rework is going to make it into a brawler.

Players
430 posts
2 hours ago, TheBicentennialman said:

how can you say Hizen look boring when you dont have the ship :Smile_facepalm:

Because there is nothing that stands out on the ship or rather, the part that looked interesting (the 155mm secondaries) are not usable ... at best you could call it a Tier 9 Fuso but that is would be only as far the main guns go, the ship simply is "faster that Amagi, slower that Izumo" and this is kinda of a constant with the ship, its simply "better that Amagi, worst that Izumo", it simply doesnt have a definite strength or a weakness ... its just unremarkable.

Edit: You know, people say WG doesnt listen but Hizen is a example of WG listen to all the complains about the game because of how utterly boring she is ... its a sanitized design to invoke as less wrath as possible, the ship is the epitome of mediocre ... the new USN BB Line is just unpleasant to play and they come out weak but Hizen is not even that, its a ship that doesnt stand out at doing anything and just be a perfectible serviceable battleships with all the inherit strengths and weakness of the class.