Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shammyzap

Locking a campaign behind a paywall

35 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[W0LF]
Players
4 posts
2,776 battles

I was a bit disappointed when after collecting stars to unlock Ships and Fates mission 1 Final task, that it  requires a Strasbourg to complete.

:(

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,486 posts
4,593 battles

They just released a campaign for a free strasbourg together with the campaign you are talking about...
There is no paywall, there is a free T7 premium battleship

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SINT]
Players
1,008 posts
22,240 battles
47 minutes ago, Shammyzap said:

I was a bit disappointed when after collecting stars to unlock Ships and Fates mission 1 Final task, that it  requires a Strasbourg to complete.

:(

That campaign is a side event and primarily an added bonus for the players that buy the Strassbourg from day one. Since buying the Strasbourg is ( if you have a equipped port and time to spend) is rather unneeded you get the added bonus of unlocking the 2nd campaign. By virtue of spending money.
 

It has happened before that silver ships were offered to those that grinder or bought the main prize ship. With the difference that the ones that grounded the ship ( in this case the Strasbourg) hardly have time left to progress. Only difference is that this year you can actually start the campaign and earn stars...and find out that the final mission in phase 1 is blocked. In earlier years it was the first mission that required the specific ship.

 

 

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,519 posts
11,043 battles

Oh boy seeing newborn babies facing WeeGee for the first time. :D

 

OLD VIDEO! 2016!

 

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,811 posts
39,434 battles
6 hours ago, Shammyzap said:

that it  requires a Strasbourg to complete.

:(

You know you can repeat the tasks and you don't have to do the Strasbourg ones? 

And what's funny no one answered you in proper way jest went on offtop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,811 posts
39,434 battles
5 hours ago, Jvd2000 said:

That campaign is a side event and primarily an added bonus for the players that buy the Strassbourg from day one. Since buying the Strasbourg is ( if you have a equipped port and time to spend) is rather unneeded you get the added bonus of unlocking the 2nd campaign. By virtue of spending money.
 

It has happened before that silver ships were offered to those that grinder or bought the main prize ship. With the difference that the ones that grounded the ship ( in this case the Strasbourg) hardly have time left to progress. Only difference is that this year you can actually start the campaign and earn stars...and find out that the final mission in phase 1 is blocked. In earlier years it was the first mission that required the specific ship.

 

 

Dude. You can repeat the tasks in campaign. You know it but you're trying to make some drama here. 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,763 posts
9,861 battles
6 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Dude. You can repeat the tasks in campaign. You know it but you're trying to make some drama here. 

Drama sells

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
3,947 posts
19,852 battles
1 hour ago, MacArthur92 said:

You know you can repeat the tasks and you don't have to do the Strasbourg ones? 

And what's funny no one answered you in proper way jest went on offtop. 

 

1 hour ago, MacArthur92 said:

Dude. You can repeat the tasks in campaign. You know it but you're trying to make some drama here. 

 

The final task of the first stage requires the Strasbourg. You can't move on to the second stage if you don't own it.

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,870 posts
21,702 battles
9 hours ago, Humorpalanta said:

Oh boy seeing newborn babies facing WeeGee for the first time. :D

 

OLD VIDEO! 2016!

 

 

I prefer the Flamu version:

 

Spoiler

 

 

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,811 posts
39,434 battles
4 hours ago, lup3s said:

The final task of the first stage requires the Strasbourg. You can't move on to the second stage if you don't own it.

You don't have to own it just repeat other ones. 

Edit : didn't realise both campaigns are ending in the same time so in the last stage of Strasbourg we need to hurry to get her.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,449 posts
4 hours ago, lup3s said:

 

 

The final task of the first stage requires the Strasbourg. You can't move on to the second stage if you don't own it.

That's the way I read it too.... I bet the ones thinking you can get the Strasburg from the other mission don't realise that you only get the Captain....

 

688790108_Screenshot(142).thumb.png.8810efe117c519ea54d71f998cfb3a40.png

 

@MacArthur92 I think you've got the funny stuff in your pipe so here are some Screenies for you... No Strasburg no finish...

 

132782216_Screenshot(143).thumb.png.856d90a46f7b9b9ec756bf523429a8f9.png

 

Like has been said, unless you buy the Ship this mission chain ends here...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,811 posts
39,434 battles
15 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

That's the way I read it too.... I bet the ones thinking you can get the Strasburg from the other mission don't realise that you only get the Captain....

 

688790108_Screenshot(142).thumb.png.8810efe117c519ea54d71f998cfb3a40.png

 

@MacArthur92 I think you've got the funny stuff in your pipe so here are some Screenies for you... No Strasburg no finish...

 

132782216_Screenshot(143).thumb.png.856d90a46f7b9b9ec756bf523429a8f9.png

 

Like has been said, unless you buy the Ship this mission chain ends here...

Idk what's wrong with you guys.... just Idk. the other campaign you'll do it afterwards. you'll have 9 days to do it. and it's very simple as far as I saw.

shot-20.12.23_08.11.48-0172.jpg

shot-20.12.23_08.12.18-0218.jpg

shot-20.12.23_08.18.24-0640.jpg

shot-20.12.23_08.18.41-0550.jpg

  • Cool 6
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,449 posts
4 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Idk what's wrong with you guys.... just Idk.

shot-20.12.23_08.11.48-0172.jpg

shot-20.12.23_08.12.18-0218.jpg

 

Not enough Coffee...

 

But, I will put my hand up to my mistake.... for some reason I thought the second mission chain was time sensitive like the first and I completely missed the Task four final reward...

 

Coffee.thumb.jpg.03d756a38eef4c2b912cde1203470d51.jpg

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,811 posts
39,434 battles
3 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

 

Not enough Coffee...

 

But, I will put my hand up to my mistake.... for some reason I thought the second mission chain was time sensitive like the first and I completely missed the Task four final reward...

 

Coffee.thumb.jpg.03d756a38eef4c2b912cde1203470d51.jpg

 

I have edited my post just didn't include all screenshots on first one.

And yes WG wants us to be careful and planning . Also if someone is playing rarely then yes he won't do it. But it's doable I guess.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,870 posts
21,702 battles

What is this, Christmas spirit? Civilized interaction between forum regulars? Why can't we be more like the Cyberpunk community right now?

 

Spoiler

Like this:

 

 

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
11,804 posts
9,751 battles
13 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Idk what's wrong with you guys.... just Idk. the other campaign you'll do it afterwartds. you'll have 9 days to do it. and it's very simple as far as I saw.

 

Its not like the other Campaign gives some super special rewards either... techtree ships with permacamos (which most people dont play anyway) and some captains that look like Santa so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,811 posts
39,434 battles
1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

What is this, Christmas spirit? Civilized interaction between forum regulars? Why can't we be more like the Cyberpunk community right now?

 

  Hide contents

Like this:

 

 

 

Just a bit of misunderstanding but it's ok.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
7,239 posts

Its traditional by now?

 

Timed and metered campaign for a reward ship that unlocks the extra campaign, one has two options:

1. Buy the Christmas ship and grind all the extra goodies at your own pace and at the end of the first campaign take the cashback for the premium you bought

 

OR

 

2. Unlock the premium ship via the first Campaign after 3-4 weeks and then play the other campaign really fast to grind it all for free

 

Simple

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BASIC]
Players
690 posts
21,136 battles

Both new campaigns are stupidly easy, I did almost both 1st stages of them yesterday evening playing co-op for 2 h. Just knocking off snowflakes

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
3,947 posts
19,852 battles
1 hour ago, MacArthur92 said:

You don't have to own it just repeat other ones. 

Edit : didn't realise both campaigns are ending in the same time so in the last stage of Strasbourg we need to hurry to get her.

 

I know you can redo tasks - but to complete the first stage of the campaign (= complete the final task), you need the Strasbourg.

Unless "Criteria : Strasbourg" means something different than how I interpret it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SINT]
Players
1,008 posts
22,240 battles
7 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Dude. You can repeat the tasks in campaign. You know it but you're trying to make some drama here. 

You can’t pass the Final task of the first mission chain to progress towards the second series since that mission requires the Strasbourg.  Sure you can collect stars by repeating earlier missions to open up that final mission but without Strassbourg you are stuck in phase one. Going the grind way ( earning the Strasbourg for free) leaves you with 9 days to finish the last chain of the original Strasbourg ( getting the required stars and then the final 20k bxp mission) AND then continue the second chain the moment you acquired the Strasbourg. While missions are not that hard that gives a somewhat time limited window to do it. Most of us will be working again in January.
 

There is no drama from my side, Strasbourg campaign is the main price since it gives the T7 premium. The other event is imo a side event that has “nice to have things “ ( t5 silverships) but no real stress. If players want it they can sure complete it if they are dedicated in the remaining final 9 days. ( 9 days minus the days spend on finishing the last Strasbourg missions)

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,811 posts
39,434 battles
7 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

You can’t pass the Final task of the first mission chain to progress towards the second series since that mission requires the Strasbourg.  Sure you can collect stars by repeating earlier missions to open up that final mission but without Strassbourg you are stuck in phase one. Going the grind way ( earning the Strasbourg for free) leaves you with 9 days to finish the last chain of the original Strasbourg ( getting the required stars and then the final 20k bxp mission) AND then continue the second chain the moment you acquired the Strasbourg. While missions are not that hard that gives a somewhat time limited window to do it. Most of us will be working again in January.
 

There is no drama from my side, Strasbourg campaign is the main price since it gives the T7 premium. The other event is imo a side event that has “nice to have things “ ( t5 silverships) but no real stress. If players want it they can sure complete it if they are dedicated in the remaining final 9 days. ( 9 days minus the days spend on finishing the last Strasbourg missions)

You have 9 days to do the last campaign. End of the story. It's easy one, not grindy at all. You can do it playing around 8 battles daily. 

I'm working too but not 16 hours a day.

  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,395 posts
32,146 battles

To clarify;

 

We have two new campaigns:

 

1. "In pursuit of Strasbourg" 

2. "Ships and Fates"

 

Both Campaigns have 29 days left to complete as of today.

 

In order to complete #2 "Ships and Fates" Campaign 1st Mission Final Task, we need the ship Strasbourg.  

Hence, the sooner we complete the 1st Campaign "In Pursue of Strasbourg" the more time we would have left to complete the second Campaign "Ships and Fates".

 

A key note here is;

 

The last mission of "In Pursue of Strasbourg" Campaign will be available in 20 days from today. In other words, then we will have only 9 days left to complete this event. 

If we consider a regular daily player, it would take minimum 2-3 days to finish the last mission and that would leave them at most 5-6 days to complete  #2 "Ships and Fates" Campaign.

 

A. #2 "Ships and Fates" Campaign only gives 6 point commanders and some tech tree ships with camos and slots which is nice but not a must.

B. This makes Campaign "In Pursue of Strasbourg" a priority.

 

Also, one can do both campaign mission simultaneously which is good but very limited because the final task of the very first mission set of the Campaign "Ships and Fates" requires Strasbourg in order to complete. So, that's as far as one can go simultaneously. 

 

But again, if we go back to point (A) and focus on point (B) Campaign "In Pursue of Strasbourg", we would be achieving the goal.

 

As a last note; majority of the people will be on holiday and/or with their family for at least a week-10 days. So, for most of us the timing or the very limited duration of these Campaigns will not serve much.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×