You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Rukenshia

Snowflake Tracking - aka Steelwhaling for 0.9.12

22 comments in this topic

Players
4,368 posts
5,709 battles

Just like the previous years, i'll play without it because snowflake icon is enough for me to see which ships are driven and which are not.

Current amount remember > after event amount. Easy to calculate difference.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,749 posts
15,261 battles
59 minutes ago, Rukenshia said:

Happy whaling!

Many thanks for doing this again!

:Smile_honoring:

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,958 posts
18,353 battles

Hi all,

13 hours ago, Rukenshia said:

Hello everyone,

image.thumb.png.82bc7a047874df45beec42ddff25b04b.png

just like in the previous year(s) and during various other WoWS events, I updated the https://whaling.in.fkn.space website to allow you to, first of all, easily calculate how much coal, steel, and santa containers you can receive as well as keep track of what ships you blew a snowflake off of. The game also has a filter to show you which ships you already played, so the "calculating" part of the website might give you more value, but also a quick and nice overview of all ships you can use to earn rewards.

Happy whaling!

Rukenshia

As always - much obliged! :Smile_honoring::Smile_great:

Leo "Apollo11"

[OCTO]
Players
471 posts
20,143 battles

I'm getting four camo's for knocking a snowflake of a tier 10? No steel? I don't think I need a spreadsheet to track these rewards.

Players
2,609 posts
14,966 battles
8 hours ago, Gudgeon said:

I'm getting four camo's for knocking a snowflake of a tier 10? No steel? I don't think I need a spreadsheet to track these rewards.

You are getting steel for t9-8 and coal for lower tiers, if you want to know in advance how much can you get and track progress it's a great page, unless you want to count everything yourself, I have no time for this, so it's convenient for me.

And why are you complaining  here for WG decision to replace steel TX reward with lootboxes? It's like this second year now and @Rukenshia is not WG.

• Cool 2

[VIBES]
Players
691 posts
19,498 battles

I don't think it's working right.

I took out the Dunkerque, I had a good defeat (1300 xp), which allowed me to blow off the snowflake (you only need 300 xp, basically a decent Co-op game), and get the 500 coal as well, but on that page she hasn't been crossed out, even after half an hour or so.

Are you sure it's not tracking the first win, instead?

[TV0]
Privateer
30 posts
2,691 battles
13 hours ago, tocqueville8 said:

I don't think it's working right.

I took out the Dunkerque, I had a good defeat (1300 xp), which allowed me to blow off the snowflake (you only need 300 xp, basically a decent Co-op game), and get the 500 coal as well, but on that page she hasn't been crossed out, even after half an hour or so.

Are you sure it's not tracking the first win, instead?

From the website:

TRACKING INFORMATION

Wargaming has changed the event rules so that you either need to win a battle or earn 300 base xp to blow off the snowflake. Due to limitations in the Wargaming API, the 300 base xp requirement cannot be tracked by this website. Since I hope that you are not a terrible player, I will assume that any battle will blow off a snowflake of your ship.

Right now, data is refreshed every 2 hours (roughly) per player to avoid me spending a ton of money on this project (I have to pay for the infrastructure myself and need to be a bit cautious about this. Two hours seems to be the sweet spot :) ). You can also refresh manually using the "Refresh now" button at the top.

• Cool 1

[VIBES]
Players
691 posts
19,498 battles
1 hour ago, Rukenshia said:

Right now, data is refreshed every 2 hours (roughly) per player to avoid me spending a ton of money on this project 

My bad, I hadn't read that.

I see it works just fine, thanks again! 👍

Players
1,089 posts
6,703 battles

Thank you for the commitment (it's not a sarcasm), but given the moderate number of ships on my account, i use the calculator and the notepad, and don't give acces to my datas to a third party.

• Cool 2

[OHRIP]
Players
1,193 posts
9,899 battles

So I could get 61750 coal, 6150 Steel and 24 containers plus probably a ton of grey hair. I think I will invest my lifetime otherwise.

Nice website though, thanks! The calculator for how many hours you would need to actually collect all the stuff is missing. :Smile_coin:

Players
4,368 posts
5,709 battles

Finally im done with snowflakes event. 80 Co op matches done in 2 days. Got 50k Coal combined with converted Steel.

Oh boy, that amount was so hard to calculate. Difference before and after :Smile_ohmy:

[THESO]
Players
8,031 posts
41,287 battles
2 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

Finally im done with snowflakes event. 80 Co op matches done in 2 days. Got 50k Coal combined with converted Steel.

Oh boy, that amount was so hard to calculate. Difference before and after :Smile_ohmy:

You did what? Convert steel to coal?! :cap_fainting:

Players
2,588 posts
On 12/22/2020 at 9:13 AM, Gudgeon said:

Blimey. Someone had his bottom spanked little too hard last night or maybe not enough? :Smile_trollface:

1 hour ago, GaCommanderGice said:

(...)

Ps Merry Christmas all

Even me?! You're so nice. +1 medal! :Smile_medal:

• Funny 1

Players
3,123 posts
22,700 battles

Minor issue:

It appears to also track some promotional rental ships players may only have received temporarily.

I was a bit confused when selecting the "Include ships I used to have in port" check box, and it suddenly said I used to have a Perth in my NA account.

I could not remember ever having bought it or receiving it in some other fashion, but it could have conceivably dropped from a Satan box in 2019. I would have taken her out rarely if ever, especially in these days of the CV plague. But I never sell premium ships either. It drove me mad. I was on the verge of contacting player "support" when suddenly remembering there was a promo event where players got a Perth for three days or so.

• Cool 1