Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Furius_Marius

Is too late for Hizen?

66 comments in this topic

Players
257 posts
9,093 battles

Now that the Hizen is almost released a lot of the concerns I had on this ship became real. A lot of CC already played. And the majority of the opinions is that the ships is bad and disappointing the positive opinions is that the ship is meehhh to okeish.   You have worse HP, worse guns, worse reload, worse armour and one heal less than Izumo and worse sigma. In exchange for 1 turret more. Actually very bad sigma for tier IX ship that can't tank and is not specially fast or stealthy. Even the armour in Amagi is better cause turtleback and 1 heal more and just 2 guns less, And Amagi is faster. The Hizen guns perform more like Amagi. They are not Izumo guns. The AA is bad as most IJN BB. So what's the point  of releasing a straight worst Izumo?  They want another Hayate case? A ship nobody plays and very few people have? I understand Hizen can be worse than Izumo in some aspects. But that would be more understandable if it was using Izumo guns and actually was better than Izumo at something. The ship is not F2P,  you still need to pay doubloons to get it. This ship needs some buffs to make it at least decent... At the moment in my opinion is a Tier VIII ship.

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,440 posts
9,841 battles

I think the reload is what really kills it.

12 vs 9 guns have certain advantages. Pommern and Alsace have both 12 guns aswell, which are smaller in caliber. And while having a bit worse reload compared to other BBs, its still kinda manageable (also their sigma is actually worse).

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,771 posts
6,330 battles

To be entirely fair that main battery reload skill that's coming in  the skill rework would reduce her reload down to 30,1 seconds..

• Bad 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,771 posts
6,330 battles
3 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Dunno what's the point. Don't we already have the chunk american BB if you want to have slow reloading 12 rifle broadside?

To be entirely fair she does reload two seconds faster, and even is 5,2 knots faster than any of those too..

• Cool 1

[SPURD]
Players
824 posts
6,116 battles
7 minutes ago, lafeel said:

To be entirely fair she does reload two seconds faster, and even is 5,2 knots faster than any of those too..

I guess she'll at least be better than bummern post-secondaries nerf? :)

Players
2,588 posts
5 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I think the reload is what really kills it.

12 vs 9 guns have certain advantages. Pommern and Alsace have both 12 guns aswell, which are smaller in caliber. And while having a bit worse reload compared to other BBs, its still kinda manageable (also their sigma is actually worse).

Hardly see any competition between Pommern/Alsace and Hizen... Both kick Hizen's Aft in more then one category including fun.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,771 posts
6,330 battles
3 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

I guess she'll at least be better than bummern post-secondaries nerf? :)

This remains to be seen.:Smile-_tongue:

Players
759 posts
7,562 battles

Except, the price is not 1k doubloons, or 5k for that matter.  The price is accepting WG's policies and furthering them.

By participating in the Hizen "event" (with doubloons) you accept being sold mediocre ships for your time, effort and money  hidden behind gambling and grinding.

Enjoy responsibly. 

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
1 hour ago, Furius_Marius said:

Now that the Hizen is almost released a lot of the concerns I had on this ship became real. A lot of CC already played. And the majority of the opinions is that the ships is bad and disappointing the positive opinions is that the ship is meehhh to okeish.   You have worse HP, worse guns, worse reload, worse armour and one heal less than Izumo and worse sigma. In exchange for 1 turret more. Actually very bad sigma for tier IX ship that can't tank and is not specially fast or stealthy. Even the armour in Amagi is better cause turtleback and 1 heal more and just 2 guns less, And Amagi is faster. The Hizen guns perform more like Amagi. They are not Izumo guns. The AA is bad as most IJN BB. So what's the point  of releasing a straight worst Izumo?  They want another Hayate case? A ship nobody plays and very few people have? I understand Hizen can be worse than Izumo in some aspects. But that would be more understandable if it was using Izumo guns and actually was better than Izumo at something. The ship is not F2P,  you still need to pay doubloons to get it. This ship needs some buffs to make it at least decent... At the moment in my opinion is a Tier VIII ship.

It will be a dockyard ship, right?

I think will be as good as any other dockyard ship.

Players
2,791 posts
33,240 battles
7 minutes ago, Furius_Marius said:

I don't have Yahagi, so 5k. Even if you have Yahagi you spend 5k. The 4k compensation you could use for something else. 

I already have the 5K dubs, won’t be spending additional money.

• Cool 1

Players
6,245 posts
15 minutes ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

Except, the price is not 1k doubloons, or 5k for that matter.  The price is accepting WG's policies and furthering them.

By participating in the Hizen "event" (with doubloons) you accept being sold mediocre ships for your time, effort and money  hidden behind gambling and grinding.

Enjoy responsibly. 

I thought premium ships were meant to be mediocre compared to their tech tree peers... Soviet ships excepted, of course, as always. :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,791 posts
33,240 battles
22 minutes ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

Enjoy responsibly. 

Whether you join or not, when you play games daily, most of the directive missions are easy enough to be completed automatically. I usually don't even check them until I'm at last 1-2 directives. So, there is no such thing as participating in it and etc. since there is no option to disable it anyway, unless you don't play any games at all.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,639 posts

Since i have Bejie, Missouri and Musashi it seems Hizen is kinda pointless in this condition she is in...

• Cool 3

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,577 battles
1 hour ago, Furius_Marius said:

Compare it to Minnesota.

[BIF]
Players
409 posts
5,720 battles
17 minutes ago, VIadoCro said:

I do have Yahagi but won´t spend dubs on Hizen. The ship does not interest me.

Same here. Gonna get to the Yahagi stage for the dubs, and thats all.

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,577 battles
39 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

It will be a dockyard ship, right?

I think will be as good as any other dockyard ship.

Yeah. I am pretty sure tier for tier it will be the best dockyard ship yet.

Which doesnt say much after Puerto Rico, Odin and Anchorage, but still. Those guns will be scary.

[WTFNO]
Players
144 posts

Puerto Rico, Odin and Anchorage all turned out to be well-balanced ships with many happy players. Unfortunately, as of now, nobody seems to like Hizen.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles

I do think Hizen will be one of the ships that will actually benefit from the skill rework. Since I already have both the doubloons and Yahagi in my port, as long as the rest of the grind isn't PR levels of insanity, I'll get her.

Sign in to follow this