You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor

WG Cpt skill rework: actively discouraging team play

29 comments in this topic

Players
3,121 posts
22,700 battles

https://youtu.be/8aeXN8J6sKA?t=718

As discussed in the latest Flamu video, the new "Dead Eye" skill for BBs increases main gun accuracy when there are no enemy ships spotted within the range of your own standard concealment.

As the streamer lays out, this does not merely encourage camping and back-line sniping.

This terrible game design decision is even more detrimental than that.

So if you are the one spotting a target you do not want to shoot, like say a nose-in Russian BB that you won't damage much, you are better off running away to stop spotting him.

Which then of course means that nobody else on your team can shoot him any more either. (Or at best, only blind-shoot him.)

Not even ships in a crossfire position that have much better angles and could actually do more serious damage.

I repeat from an earlier post on a different mess:

What kind of people get ideas like that?

And why don't their superiors stop them?

Spoiler

Answer: The same kind of people that thought up the CV rework.

• Cool 20
  • Funny 1

[_I_]
Players
892 posts
20,502 battles
4 minutes ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

What kind of people get ideas like that?

And why don't their superiors stop them?

Reveal hidden contents

Teamplay would increase the skillgap you know. Like how AA cruisers, which could help out teammates now have become "Cruisers that shoot down slightly more planes if attacked themselves"

• Cool 4

[4_0_4]
Players
8,048 posts
14,436 battles

No, you got it all wrong: WG is adjusting their game towards their majority of the playerbase:

Spawncamping, SE skilled BBs, who just know the "I NEED INTELLIGENCE DATA" shortkey and nothing else.

In order to make these whales more happy, WG is changing the skilltree to improve their enjoyment of the game.

So:

14 minutes ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

Can't be right, as the CVs were a minority back then and the Rework just happen in order to cash in on all those dead RTS-CV premiums.

• Cool 5

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,125 posts
9,682 battles

WGs Primary Doctrine is to get as many Players as Possible.

And the Truth is and Stays that the Vast Majority of Players is and always will be Casual Players which Play Games in the Evening after Work in order to Shut Down their Brain and Relax.

Needless to say. Shutting off your Brain and Relaxing does not exactly make you a Great Player much less a Player that is working as Part of the Team. As both of these Require People to actually putting in the Effort and Tought to Observe the Situation and take the Correct Actions.

This is nothing new.

RNG has mostly one Function in the Game. Which is to make sure that Good Players will Fail sometimes and Bad Players will Succeed sometimes due to the Result not being Dependent on Skill but on Luck.

Removal of RTS was the same. After the Rework CVs are much more Noob Friendly. Much easier to Use for Noobs. And also much less Dangerous to Noobs as the CV Player has to Focus Targets. At the same time they also Removed the Ability of Good Players to Deny or Cripple a CV. Hence more Power to the Noobs less to the Skilled Players.

The Target was never to make CVs less OP or more Balanced. The only Target was to Shift Power away from Skilled Players and more to Casuals.

Its for that Reason as well that we lately got more and more BBs with Secondary Batteries and well Protected Citadels. More Power to Casuals by using an Automatic System and less Chance to be Devstriked. But also less Primary Weapon Power so the Ship cant be used to Devstrike others easily either.

The Italian SAP Battleships being able to Devstrike DDs was Fixed Immediately not because it was a Balancing Issue. It was because its an Issue that was easily usable even by Noobs. Meaning it would be an Balance Issue not just happening in Bigger Skillgaps but in the Majority of the Playerbase.

Thats fairly Typical. Balancing Issues only Affecting Skilled Players are Generally Ignored for Months or even Years if not Forever. But Balancing Issues that would affect Casuals Gameplay. Are usually Fixed fairly Fast. Because not only does it pop up in Spreadsheet rather fast. Its also something WG doesnt want. As they want as many Players as Possible.

The Skill Rework is no Exception to that.

The New Secondary Rework that basicly allows all BBs in the Game to have Long Range Secondaries but no more Manual Secondaries with Super High Accuracy. Is effectively Screaming. Yep. This Build is now for Casuals. Not for Skilled Players that want to go Meme. Less Power for a Skilled Player to make Decisions and Kill an Enemy Fast using Secondaries. More Power for Casual Players that in the Heat of Battle would otherwise not choose a Target at all or dont choose the right Target or dont Update the Target etc.

Needless to say. All BBs get Secondaries with Decent Range now.

Every T10 BB has over 7km Base Range which means any DD that comes close will be Hammered. Welcome to Noob Defense Works. And every T10 BB can have 11km Sec Range if it wants to have it now.

Once more. More Damage for the Casual Player. Less Effect for Skilled Players as they can no longer Melt a DD by using Manual Secondaries.

And Yes. Skills like Marksman as well as some other Skills are of course the same way. The Skill for example which allows increases Reload if your inside Secondary Range. Which will give some more Damage to Players making Bad Decisions and Ending up in a Death Trap.

Even the Increase in Skillpoints and the Reduction of Skillpoint Cost as well as the Complete Seperation of Skills for Different Ship Classes is mostly for that Aim.

Because it makes Builds Focused on one Thing worse off. Meaning Meta Builds will become more Diverse. While also making Spread out Builds more Competetive and giving Casual Players that dont Understand the Game. A Higher Chance to Choose the Right Skills.

Nothing New Happening there. Move Along....

• Cool 11

[NECRO]
Players
687 posts
4 hours ago, Nibenay78 said:

Teamplay would increase the skillgap you know. Like how AA cruisers, which could help out teammates now have become "Cruisers that shoot down slightly more planes if attacked themselves"

I guess the entire idea behind this "rework" is to close the skillgap, so noobs and veterans have both to start over from scratch and figure out how things are supposed to work from now on, so it will take a bit longer to discourage wallet warrior noobs from playing the game any further because they are getting trashed all over the place.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,675 posts

Rework is a cash grab and investement into future cash flow, simple as that, every premium/reward ship and special captain become infiniently more valuable then now, at least on paper (and thats what counts for whailing) as in reality outside of competitive where you need every bit of advantage if you are reasonably experienced its basically completely irrelevant if you sail a 1 pt or 21 pt cap...

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,675 posts
Just now, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

*sad Lütjens noises* :Smile_veryhappy:

Emm nope, I suggest you take a second look there m8

[NECRO]
Players
687 posts
Just now, Yedwy said:

Emm nope, I suggest you take a second look there m8

If I only could! But I still can't check armory or wiki.

Wasn't he the one who needed some 100 2ndary hits to activate something?

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,675 posts
Just now, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

If I only could! But I still can't check armory or wiki.

Wasn't he the one who needed some 100 2ndary hits to activate something?

Yep, but there are both enhanced skills there in form of better expert marksman and pm (prob should remain in tact in rework) and also main gun reload perk as well as heal for spotting  ribbons making him a good choice on both dds and hindenburg with added use on mainz and munchen ofc...

[NECRO]
Players
687 posts
9 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Yep, but there are both enhanced skills there in form of better expert marksman and pm (prob should remain in tact in rework) and also main gun reload perk as well as heal for spotting  ribbons making him a good choice on both dds and hindenburg with added use on mainz and munchen ofc...

Ok. So his BB days are probably over.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,675 posts
5 minutes ago, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

Ok. So his BB days are probably over.

Prob not worth binding to a bb but you still can make use of him on any prem bb

Players
3,709 posts
20,847 battles

WG has been discouraging teamplay since 2 or 3 years now... The designers of this game aren't focused on game play, they are focused on rotating assets.

[NWP]
Players
3,570 posts
17,968 battles

WG: "let's take a look at spreadsheet"

Spreadsheet: "BBs snipe a lot and are not really effective"

WG: "surely not all BBs snipe?"

Spreadsheet: "some yolo as well"

WG: " hmmm, but are those effective?"

Spreadsheet: "mostly not, only a small part of BB players is effective. Both at long and short range"

WG: "we will fix that"

Spreadsheet: "BBs that snipe survive a lot longer than those in close range"

WG: "so they have more impact"

Spreadsheet: "....."

WG: "and thus they really support the team"

Spreadsheet: "...."

WG: "Thx, we know what to do now"

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,675 posts

Nope, IMHO its more like this...

WG stats guy: Our spreadsheet says most players prefer BBs over other classes! (ref. as WGS later on)

WG dev: Ok? So whats new? (ref. as WGD later on)

WGS: Sheet shows large majority of them are either camping the whole match trying to snipe off some distant target missing it all the time or they yolo into the nearest cap die within 3 minutes and go to the next battle, both groups come short in damage!

WGD: Ok? Sooo whats new again?

WGS: Look they want their money back and stuff do something to make them feel better, they are thrashing us in the polls!

WGD: Soo you want those usele** clo*s to feel better about themselves by doing a bit more damage per match?

WGS: Yes, yes exactly!

WGD: Mkay...

Edit:

I have just tried Stalingrad without the FP skill just to see how it will look like and I must say - where can I put in a request for getting my steel back? CC are utterly utterly doomed without it there is absolutely no point in playing them...

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
802 posts
4,610 battles

Your thesis is flawed. It assumes there was team play to begin with. :cap_haloween:

Players
3,121 posts
22,700 battles
Vor 20 Minuten, Linkaex sagte:

It assumes there was team play to begin with. :cap_haloween:

Nope, it was worded much too well for such a crass mistake.

Cause unlike the noobs and interns whom WG uses for any kind of PR, writing and translating, I am a professional.

• Cool 1

[VLOOT]
Players
333 posts
20,749 battles

Don't forget the US BBs that have secondaries, the Massa will now have 10 instead 11.3km (EDIT: I hear premium ships retain their range)  and less accurate, it's now depending on its wonderful 18.4km guns. That's a major reason for a refund, 42 euro per Massachusetts.

I have been playing 5 years, have 260 ships, 60 captains on tier 19. Most of them have PT, AR and SI. These skills all became 1 skill point more expensive, for a 1.2 mio grind I can earn 2 points compensation.

60 x 1.2 Mio is 72 Mio XP and the result is a lesser ship cause I lack a skill point.

Let's call this release a downgrade from now on, calling it an upgrade would be lying.

• Cool 4

[SHAFT]
[SHAFT]
Players
1,270 posts
25,880 battles
4 hours ago, Jaberwak said:

I fear even thinking about Thunderer or Conq with "Dead Eye" skill....

How about Vermont or Yamato with legendary?

[GHUND]
Players
160 posts
18,583 battles
2 godziny temu, tsounts napisał:

How about Vermont or Yamato with legendary?

Base Thunderer has better dispersion than legendary Yamato... Not to mention a cruiser level concelment...