You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Toni112007

Is nerfing secondary builds justified in upcoming captain skills rework?

Is it?  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Is nerfing secondary builds justified in upcoming captain skills rework?

• Yes
    • No

106 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
219 posts
1,734 battles

Is WG out of their mind? Why nerf the meme builds? You are a complete failure and a joke WG...

• Cool 14

[XTREM]
Players
2,057 posts
15,143 battles

idk if I'm on board with the secondary changes or not, but as it is right now it's more than just a meme on the relevant ships provided you know how to use them. 

[CKBK]
Beta Tester
939 posts
11,565 battles

Don't fix stuff that isn't broken.

Revert back to live or come up with a better idea.

• Cool 7

[THIR]
Players
944 posts
4,626 battles

Of course it is. Do you actually question the wisdom of the spreadsheet? German BBs have been overperforming for years. This is also the reason why the adjustments hit them much harder than Massa, Georgia and Ohio. Their higher base accuracy on the secondaries never made up for German Kruppstahl. Pushing in with a Bismarck or FDG was almost always a guaranteed victory. Players who deny this only want to keep their OP toys.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 21

[IDDQD]
Players
746 posts
15,117 battles

- Community : " AA is too passive, needs to be more skill based"

- Also Community : "Don't nerf my passive secondaries!"

- Also community : Unable to steer , aim and shoot at the same time, cuz too many buttons but asking for even more mechanics and buttons

and my favorite :

German BB players with full secondary builds - sit at 20km whole game, always last to die.

No wonder WG has no idea what exactly players want

• Cool 3
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 1

[0KILL]
Players
97 posts

I have one question:

Are they gonna nerf all secondaries built ships (like Ohio) or the nerfing will be only for the German BBs?

[NECRO]
Players
687 posts
18 hours ago, AkerJack said:

I have one question:

Are they gonna nerf all secondaries built ships (like Ohio) or the nerfing will be only for the German BBs?

Both, but only the Germans will suffer severely.

• Cool 2

Players
378 posts
5,133 battles

basicly they kill german BB's as  they have the worst accuracy and HIGHER RANGE is TOTALY USELESS if u cant hit anything xD every test on pts just showed that the dps of german bb's with secondary is more then halfed !
MORE THEN HALFED !

u can play some americans still on secondary but secondary on german BB's are dead u cant do it anymore the range doesnt matter basicly u can do secondaries with every other nation better then with germans now

• Cool 5

[IDDQD]
Players
746 posts
15,117 battles
19 minutes ago, AkerJack said:

I have one question:

they changed is that ManSec skill no longer give 60% bonus but 35% bonus, but secondaries will shoot on all ships in range (ex. other side of the ship) and the 35% bonus is applied to the selected ship. Rather situational trade-off

Honestly, people who choose secondary builds already divert from the "optimal" setup for the fun factor, so 25% more or less, who cares. If you had like 30% hit ratio before, u you have some 20-25% after in scenarios when brawling always just single ship

• Cool 1
  • Bad 8

Players
150 posts
4 minutes ago, RAYvenMP said:

they changed is that ManSec skill no longer give 60% bonus but 35% bonus, but secondaries will shoot on all ships in range (ex. other side of the ship) and the 35% bonus is applied to the selected ship. Rather situational trade-off

Honestly, people who choose secondary builds already divert from the "optimal" setup for the fun factor, so 25% more or less, who cares. If you had like 30% hit ratio before, u you have some 20-25% after in scenarios when brawling always just single ship

Sorry but this is BS. Flamu posted a video detailing the massive difference this nerf makes to GK.

• Cool 6

[BLITZ]
Modder
5,076 posts
9,396 battles

Russian BB doesn't have (usefull) secondaries. Thus, more than logic, to conclude that the reworked BB-skill-tree has no use for good Secondary-Skills.

Quite obvious. 

• Cool 7
  • Funny 4

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
802 posts
4,610 battles

Secondary build for the German BB's is the only gimmick they have. So no, not justified. 

• Cool 5

[DREAD]
Players
10,787 posts
7,438 battles
17 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Russian BB doesn't have (usefull) secondaries. Thus, more than logic, to conclude that the reworked BB-skill-tree has no use for good Secondary-Skills.

Quite obvious. 

Thanks explaining in a way I understand it 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[RRVK]
Players
44 posts
12,870 battles

I voted NO.

However, if WG wants to promote BBs shooting at targets at greater ranges, it is a reasonable and viable solution. Thus, the sniping meta would become "king".

This would also mean that WG should buff the dispersion of German BB main guns at the time of the implementation of the new Captain skills, because the German BB line has been "marketed" as having less accurate main guns, because their secondaries were leading damage-dealers among the BB class. It would appear that German secondaries suffer disproportionately compared to other nations.

I watched Flamus YT vid, and I am not certain that WG has tested this sufficiently, and I fear that the implementation of these new captain skills in some cases will mirror the CV rework in going through a live-server rollercoaster action of buffs and nerfs for quite a while.

Eventually, the new captain skills will find their balance and become part of the new meta - probably just in time for the introduction of submarines. I hope that WG does not lose too many players due to the upps and downs of these 2 changes.

On a personal note - I will let my premium time lapse (150 days left) and bide my time before deciding whether or not to spend additional real-life money.

• Cool 4

[THIR]
Players
944 posts
4,626 battles
Just now, ScruffyNoob said:

I watched Flamus YT vid, and I am not certain that WG has tested this sufficiently, and I fear that the implementation of these new captain skills in some cases will mirror the CV rework in going through a live-server rollercoaster action of buffs and nerfs for quite a while.

Why would WG not test these changes extensively before asking us to try them? That's like expecting them to drop a faulty update that would... I don't know... break clan brawls on the EU server for an entire weekend. They would obviously never do such a thing.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7

Players
61 posts
6,236 battles

No, it's not. Secondary builds sacrifice so much to make them work and even then they still require their own thought process and playstyle to make them work.

Secondary builds are also far more healthy and interesting for the game than the 20km+ sniping BB meta that weegee want to enforce. 

• Cool 13

Players
10,360 posts
12,044 battles
5 hours ago, Bortasqu said:

Don't fix stuff that isn't broken.

Revert back to live or come up with a better idea.

Looking back at

-CV REEEwork

-NTC turned into RB

I have grounds to believe Captain rework will be

ENxRclIl.jpg

[CHEFT]
Players
12,410 posts
9,841 battles

I think WGs idea is, to get BBs closer so the buffed mainbattery from the secondary skill can be used. Why they simultaneously introduce a sniping skill... noone knows.

Guess its to represent 2 different playstyle (camping and rushing), so either of them can have their own, maybe? Ofc secondaries need to be thrown under the bus, so they can justify the mainbattery buff :cap_fainting:

Players
378 posts
5,133 battles
7 hours ago, RAYvenMP said:

sure the logic "ur build is bad so we nerfed it by 50% but you should not care as it was bad in the first place" is flawless xD

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
6 hours ago, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

Taking away the only reason to play German BB at all... thanks, WG.

Next genius move: British BB lose HE?

Nah, Royal Nacy CL’s lose AP :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3