You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ocsimano18

Hizen

27 comments in this topic

[SHAD]
Players
3,534 posts
14,494 battles
5 minutes ago, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

Cheap and lazy copy/paste design made out of existing modules, uninteresting ingame features, vastly overpriced even if you manage to complete the insane grind...

HARD PASS.

Tell us how you really feel!

I thought it might be a bad ship....

• Funny 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,705 posts
15,193 battles

Not worth the aggravation (or spend), at least IMO.

I'll bag as many freebie rewards from the event with normal play as I can, although my urge to play has been rather dented by the business with the captain rework; at the very least, the doubloons for the intermediate reward ship (is it Yahagi? I can't recall) might come in handy for something.

• Cool 2

[SVX]
Players
1,356 posts
15,921 battles

well i already have yahagi.(got it last christmas in a container from the dockyard lol) so i will buy the smal package since i only nned to invest 1k dubloons.

shee seam like a big amagi. and yes she has a huge citadel but the guns look alright tbh. well worth 1 k dubs ! 

[MIAO]
Players
1,813 posts
8,830 battles
2 minuti fa, Verblonde ha scritto:

I'll bag as many freebie rewards from the event with normal play as I can, although my urge to play has been rather dented by the business with the captain rework; at the very least, the doubloons for the intermediate reward ship (is it Yahagi? I can't recall) might come in handy for something.

tachibana compensated for credits

yahagi for doubloons

• Cool 1

Players
2,043 posts
3,816 battles

As any dockyard ship is mediocre at best (Odin can be fun but the HP is just so sad, when everyone has 10k HP more than you; Anchorage is decent, it's just that the playstyle is different from the main line); i'd describe her as a "pre-buff Izumo" or Original Izumo and i think those who grinded old Izumo remember how that was; Hizen has 32mm plating all over; the AP pen is just a bit better than Amagi's (current Izumo has basically Republique's pen, even better than Yamato), the accuracy isn't even there, with 1.7 sigma and you also get one less heal than normal; all of this for 1 more turret than Izumo

While curret Izumo has been buffed the hell out of from the old one: they changed the deck plating from 32mm to 57mm (which makes it also SAP resistent), the buffed the concealment, they buffed the penetration (as i said, at Republique's level) and the sigma from 1.8 to 2.0.

So, unless someone is a collector, she's just not worth it, why would you want Hizen when Izumo is free, and not only a great but most importantly a better ship?

• Cool 5

[CATS]
Players
30,072 posts
15,430 battles
On 12/18/2020 at 5:15 PM, Ocsimano18 said:

She is out of NDA. What do you think about her?

What has this to do with NDA?

When you followed the devblogs, you know that Hizen is outclassed by Izumo in armor, HP,  gun range, shell penetration, and accuracy.

The only thing going for Hizen is the better turret layout, slightly better DPM and slightly better rudder shift (not that this matters much on Tier IX BB).

The only real advantage is the layout, otherwise Izumo is better and she is not a strong ship. Therefore one should not expect too much from Hizen.

[ALONE]
Modder
2,296 posts
14,070 battles

I tested her the last patches and was not overwhelmed.

Lacks tankiness and has a very long reload. Feels like a bigger Amagi with new-US-BB-guns.

She is not bad and not good either - I sign @ColonelPete's statement:

Zitat

Hizen is outclassed by Izumo in armor, HP,  gun range, shell penetration, and accuracy.

The only thing going for Hizen is the better turret layout, slightly better DPM and slightly better rudder shift (not that this matters much on Tier IX BB).

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,625 posts

I ll buy the 5k booster, take yahagi gold cashback and grind her out while regrinding some lines to t8/9 for flakes and maybe even an odd t10, it should be well spent 1k gold even if she gets taken out once every blue moon

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,623 posts
9,604 battles

Bad clone of Izumo. 

[CATS]
Players
30,072 posts
15,430 battles
9 minutes ago, _DeathWing_ said:

Bad clone of Izumo. 

Clones usually look identical. That is not the case.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,919 posts
18,138 battles

Hi all,

For 1.000 Doubloons (I have the "Yahagi") I will get the ship if possible... it is alwy<s nice to have another Tier IX even if it just for CoOp... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

Beta Tester
3,573 posts
16,340 battles
6 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

For 1.000 Doubloons (I have the "Yahagi") I will get the ship if possible...

What kind of math is that ??? 

You can get Yahagi anyway, so you are not spending 5k and gaining 4k just by doing that.

You are spending 5k you could otherwise keep. 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,919 posts
18,138 battles

Hi all,

9 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

What kind of math is that ??? 

You can get Yahagi anyway, so you are not spending 5k and gaining 4k just by doing that.

You are spending 5k you could otherwise keep. 

If you already have the "Yahagi" you can get 4.000 Doubloons back -> thus the "Hizen" costs 1.000 Doubloons...

If you buy "Yahagi" in "Armory" for Doubloons by using the coupon you can get her for less than you will get back in Dockyard...

Leo "Apollo11"

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,623 posts
9,604 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Clones usually look identical. That is not the case.

That's why I sad bad.

[UA-NF]
Players
511 posts
8,203 battles
Am 18.12.2020 um 17:26, Stormhawk_V sagte:

It's a 'free' ship. That's all you need to know.

4000 doublons isn't free... and all other three dockyard ships are good or very good...

[MAS-X]
Players
450 posts
11,566 battles
On 12/18/2020 at 5:18 PM, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

Cheap and lazy copy/paste design made out of existing modules, uninteresting ingame features, vastly overpriced even if you manage to complete the insane grind...

HARD PASS.

You forgot to mention that its design is lame and ugly, expecially the rear turrets

• Cool 1

Players
152 posts
18,618 battles

it's not that ugly, it's nothing special though looks or game-play wise. You can just get her for the extra's you get along the way, or the juicy steel income ( why I got it)

2K + 200 steel  per directive and some research points...

2020-12-22_14h50_00.png

• Cool 1

[RODS]
Players
1,731 posts
7,790 battles

To me its just another Japanese BB, lacklustre stats, no gimmicks, nothing makes it stand out in any way

Will not be putting any extra effort into getting it

Beta Tester
3,573 posts
16,340 battles
7 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

If you already have the "Yahagi" you can get 4.000 Doubloons back -> thus the "Hizen" costs 1.000 Doubloons...

If you buy "Yahagi" in "Armory" for Doubloons by using the coupon you can get her for less than you will get back in Dockyard...

Leo "Apollo11"

Leo, 

I said you can get Yahagi compensation for free, without spending doubloons on Hizen. 

That means you will get the 4k anyway.

So you are not spending 1k on Hizen, you are spending 5k (instead of just keeping the 4k).

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,625 posts

One way or another I reckon the event is fair, everyone can choose for themselves if they want only the free stuff, minimal cost Hizen (weather its 5k net or 1k net) or max steel harvest, or anything in between...

• Cool 2

Players
2,096 posts
8,663 battles
24 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Leo, 

I said you can get Yahagi compensation for free, without spending doubloons on Hizen. 

That means you will get the 4k anyway.

So you are not spending 1k on Hizen, you are spending 5k.

21 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

One way or another I reckon the event is fair, everyone can choose for themselves if they want only the free stuff, minimal cost Hizen (weather its 5k net or 1k net) or max steel harvest, or anything in between...

Actually, if you don’t have the Yahagi then you can buy it with the 25% coupon for 3225 doubloons. That gives you 775 doubloons gain when you get her. Then you only have to invest 4225 doubloons total for the 5k booster pack. I’m puzzled whether to go for it.

• Cool 2