Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

How It Works: The Matchmaker

28 comments in this topic

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Players
951 posts
6,697 battles

hahahah is this a joke WG? beacouse its not April 1st.

Better title, how it Doesnt work, Matchmaking.

• Cool 5

Players
141 posts
19,917 battles

In the new episode, we'll shed light on how the matchmaker works its magic.

"In the new episode, we'll shed the light on how the matchmaker works it's magic."

No you won't, because it doesn't!

Edited by GoneFishingAgain
Incomplete
  • Cool 2

[ELEC]
[ELEC]
Players
13 posts

Match maker doesn't work everyone who plays says it's a joke pull your finger out and sort it WG, spend 75% of the time in t10 battles with a t8 ship I expect it every now and then but not the majority of my games. I don't care about extra exp etc I would like to play amongst my own tier ships

Players
46 posts
11,856 battles

Their justification for uptiering is so cringey.  It's lazy coding to require people to be +2 tiers, and it's especially poor when it can happen to a player for dozens of matches in a row.  To claim this is for "player comfort" is untrue and a poor customer experience.

The best matches are single tier as they are most symmetrical, balanced and fair.  +/- one tier would be a nice evolution, or to limit the number of matches people get thrown into bottom tier dumpster fires.

Your attempt to explain and justify the matchmaker has actually just made me pity you, WG.

• Cool 1

Players
36 posts
5,520 battles

Well, nothing about comparing players abilities, WR or whatever. Makes sense why MM still sucks. It’s all about ships only and this is not done correctly , as it isn’t accounting radars yet. 

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
3,184 posts
4,508 battles

and then you get a battle where you get 4-5 radar ships on one side vs 1 on the other ... or a Khabarovsk vs a Shimakaze as the only DDs ... really FUN and ENGAGING ...

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Players
18 posts
31,001 battles

1. MM does not take into consideration the number of premium ships: Belfast is Tier 7 cruiser , Zara is also Tier 7 cruiser. The team with Belfast has a clear advantage

2. MM does not take into consideration the equipment: a team with 5 radars vs a team with 1 radar. Is it fair? 

3 MM does not take into consideration the SKILLS of the players. A 55%+ WR CV vs a 45% WR CVs or a division with 3 55%+ WR  players vs a division of 3 45%- WR players. There should be a league system where low skill players face other low skill players and good players face other good players. It's very disappointing to see 4 team mates killed in the first 3 minutes or to have teammates that never leave line A ....

• Cool 6

Players
36 posts
5,520 battles
36 minutes ago, siulis13 said:

mm is a joke does not work at all,dont listen what wg said 

Actually they promote MM in the video like it is the most complicated thing in the world...and yet it is something that definitely needs improvement in contrast with the captain skills (claps slowly)

[SERBS]
Players
50 posts
12,040 battles

Your mm doesnt work! Random battles are cr** because even best programmers can not fix company stupidity and greed!

• Cool 1

[DAVA]
Players
68 posts
14,852 battles

This MM worked very well untill 2 years ago, a time when you have to grind a tier 10 or 9 ship. At least during the grind you learn something, some people learn more others less.

Since WG decided that you could purchase a tier 9 or 10 ship, this MM is broken, because it doesn't take in consideration player's skill. I have nothing against selling ships, but adjust MM so most player base could have a decent battle

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[KKFLG]
Beta Tester
20 posts
20,185 battles

Here is how matchmaking "works".
3 Radar ships on one side, none on other.

shot-20_12.19_02_51.20-0709.thumb.jpg.fa4b79c3a77f6e13e56d4f285b2eb4d7.jpg

I can tell you how it works - it tries to make you sit at 50% win rate. If you go above it - MM will put all available potatoes at your team, give worst possible ship combination to fight against. If you go below it - it will ease grip on you, and let you have some decent teammates. You will work hard as hell for every percent above 50% to keep. You can beat MM at that by being damn good, by having decent friends to play in division or paying money for illegal mods.

Because WG don't need good players, they need money. And if they let good players win more - potatoes will lose more. And then potatoes will be frustrated and leave this game, and take away their wallets.

• Cool 3

Players
87 posts
18,663 battles
10 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

and then you get a battle where you get 4-5 radar ships on one side vs 1 on the other ... or a Khabarovsk vs a Shimakaze as the only DDs ... really FUN and ENGAGING ...

Khaba is so easy to deal with though.

[LAWS]
Players
93 posts
6,582 battles

BHAHAHAHAHAHA MM working properly?!?! WG are you high? Bring in same win percentage/games played MM, sick and tied of playing with noobs and utterly awful players with less than 100 games under the belt

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
[CHEFT]
Players
1,460 posts
28,350 battles

Tier 7 MM has been horrendous lately, it used to be the best tier but not anymore, most of the times you end up vs tier 8 & 9s now...

Players
209 posts
On 12/18/2020 at 4:41 PM, Lantirn said:

Well, nothing about comparing players abilities, WR or whatever. Makes sense why MM still sucks. It’s all about ships only and this is not done correctly , as it isn’t accounting radars yet. 

this is why most people quit... MM is completely broken as it does not use player skills to balance... so all it matters is the RNG... 

it's mind blowing why WG is ignoring their community so hard on this one...

[4_0_4]
Players
8,539 posts
14,933 battles
11 hours ago, aviaxis said:

this is why most people quit... MM is completely broken as it does not use player skills to balance... so all it matters is the RNG... 

it's mind blowing why WG is ignoring their community so hard on this one...

Because this works for years in WoT? Skilled MM isn't the messiah many player hope it has to be.

• Boring 1

Players
2 posts
7,575 battles

I often find myself going kamikaze if I start against +2 tiers. That is not fun for me or my team mates. But I just want to start a new battle.

Just make it +/-1 tier. Then battles will be much more fun.

I would rather wait 5 minuttes longer for a match than play a +2 tier match.

But again. It is the same issue on World of Tanks and that have never changed. So I guess it would not happen on World of Warships either.

[4_0_4]
Players
8,539 posts
14,933 battles
1 hour ago, RamsDK said:

I often find myself going kamikaze if I start against +2 tiers. That is not fun for me or my team mates. But I just want to start a new battle.

Just make it +/-1 tier. Then battles will be much more fun.

I would rather wait 5 minuttes longer for a match than play a +2 tier match.

But again. It is the same issue on World of Tanks and that have never changed. So I guess it would not happen on World of Warships either. 

Again: Same tier matches are not a rarety in this game anymore and still: people complain and still suck at the game, despite their enemy -2MM not being there.

Of course you can't play a T8 cruiser in a T10 match the same way as in a T8 match, but that should be a given, no?

Sign in to follow this