You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
StarbuckTheThird

Give Smolensk a range boost in 0.10.0 plz

107 comments in this topic

[PANEU]
Players
1,046 posts
4,326 battles
Vor 1 Minute, StarbuckTheThird sagte:

With the new captain rework coming out next update, BFT and AFT are being removed, meaning a range spec'd Smolensk like mine is loosing 3.2km main gun range. 3 things instantly spring to mind. 1) in a ship as squishy as the Smolensk playing her is now a whole lot more hazardous. 2) She's a special ship, and WG have said special ships are effectively nerf proof, and this is a nerf, no 2 ways about it. 3) WG is adding 20% to the gun range of the Atlanta to offset the loss of BFT & AFT.

So my question is: could we get the lost 3.2km of main gun range bolted onto the base range? I think a ~15% loss of gun range should be adjusted for.

Atlanta flint yes smol hell nahhh. 

• Cool 4

[NEXT]
Players
107 posts
8,004 battles

just get the range upgrade in slot 6 that should be enough.

how unconfident someone needs to be to need double range on the smolensk...

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[EX-TH]
Players
42 posts
7,970 battles
3 minutes ago, JeanLouisII said:

yup! Who needs 19km(sic!)+ range on a HE Spammer like the Smolensk.

By the way, she is no premium ship, just a "special" (as Tier X and armory exchange only)

Regards,

Pepe

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,705 posts
15,193 battles
3 minutes ago, ThePeperich said:

Who needs 19km(sic!)+ range on a HE Spammer like the Smolensk.

I'm rather impressed with anyone who can even hit anything smaller than a BB at that distance in the first place...

• Cool 3

Players
60 posts
7,361 battles
8 minutes ago, JeanLouisII said:

Already have it installed. without it, it would be down to 13km!

[NEXT]
Players
107 posts
8,004 battles
Vor 1 Minute, StarbuckTheThird sagte:

Already have it installed. without it, it would be down to 13km!

yeah, so what are u complaining about? u have enough range and reload is still so fast.

Players
60 posts
7,361 battles
6 minutes ago, JeanLouisII said:

yeah, so what are u complaining about? u have enough range and reload is still so fast.

The reason people have her range maxed out to 19.2km is because she is soooooo squishy. Having that range means she can keep her distance, making it easier to dodge incoming shells and making sure she doesn't get insta blapped. The closer you get, the more of a glass ship she becomes.

Add to that, we already have the range. Why take it away?

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,534 posts
14,494 battles
9 minutes ago, StarbuckTheThird said:

The reason people have her range maxed out to 19.2km is because she is soooooo squishy. Having that range means she can keep her distance, making it easier to dodge incoming shells and making sure she doesn't get insta blapped. The closer you get, the more of a glass ship she becomes.

She is also tiny with smoke. And most battleships cannot arm their shells on her broadside.

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,623 posts
9,604 battles

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome | Know Your Meme

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
4,350 posts
5,683 battles
6 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

She is also tiny with smoke. And most battleships cannot arm their shells on her broadside.

Many of us can hit her broadside, its just the problem that she have a troll armor. So many times I hit her in broadside for ricochets.

But I must say that I got once or twice devastating strike on her. It was the most juiciest kill in my gaming time in Wows

[SHAD]
Players
3,534 posts
14,494 battles
6 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Many of us can hit her broadside, its just the problem that she have a troll armor. So many times I hit her in broadside for ricochets.

But I must say that I got once or twice devastating strike on her. It was the most juiciest kill in my gaming time in Wows

Have a look at her next the Henri. The Smolensk is a very small target. 

[NECRO]
Players
687 posts
52 minutes ago, StarbuckTheThird said:

WG have said special ships are effectively nerf proof, and this is a nerf

No, it's not, as the ship itself remains unchanged. And if special ships are supposed to be nerf proof, they should also be buff proof.

[DREAD]
Players
10,787 posts
7,438 battles
54 minutes ago, StarbuckTheThird said:

With the new captain rework coming out next update, BFT and AFT are being removed, meaning a range spec'd Smolensk like mine is loosing 3.2km main gun range. 3 things instantly spring to mind. 1) in a ship as squishy as the Smolensk playing her is now a whole lot more hazardous. 2) She's a special ship, and WG have said special ships are effectively nerf proof, and this is a nerf, no 2 ways about it. 3) WG is adding 20% to the gun range of the Atlanta to offset the loss of BFT & AFT.

So my question is: could we get the lost 3.2km of main gun range bolted onto the base range? I think a ~15% loss of gun range should be adjusted for.

Short answer: no

Long answer: nope

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,756 posts
6,312 battles

Given that the Smolensk is the single largest reason why cruisers are losing AFT, my answer has to be "oh *edited* no"

Players
39 posts
9,546 battles

Small, agile and with troll russian armour, producing mostly overpens and ricochets ( how? ). But still it gets hit sometimes, so obviously more range is badly needed. Would 33km be enough for ppl to feel safe, or does it need a bit more?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NEXT]
Players
107 posts
8,004 battles
Vor 34 Minuten, StarbuckTheThird sagte:

just stay broadside to every battleship and the game and u will be safe as hell. eventually loosing 5k on a full bb salvo cause of 4 overpens;)

[NWP]
Players
3,511 posts
17,844 battles

Range specced Smolensk? Why on earth would you do that in the current upgrades/captain points' system?

Hope you're not running IFHE as well..

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,756 posts
6,312 battles
1 minute ago, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

*Krispy Kreme sobbing silently*

Can always hope that she also gets a range buff like the Atlanta/Flint are getting..

not that you can hit anything at such long distance in them anyway..