Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
luokailk

With new captain skills, Russian BBs better than US Premium BBs?

6 comments in this topic

[KITEN]
Players
178 posts
20,379 battles

Hi guys, we know Vlad, Soy and Kremlin have worse secondaries nowadays compared to Mass, Goargia and Ohio (tier by tier). With new captain skills, will these Russian BBs better than these Americans by all means? Thanks

[CHEFT]
Players
12,400 posts
9,841 battles

No since they dont have the improved dispersion (unless they change that, which i doubt).
Also half of the russian secondaries are 100mm, which basicly shatter just about everywhere. Kremlin has 130mm, which wont do too much either except pen DDs and superstructures. The 152mm secondaries have bad reload (8 sec)

[KITEN]
Players
178 posts
20,379 battles
2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

No since they dont have the improved dispersion (unless they change that, which i doubt).
Also half of the russian secondaries are 100mm, which basicly shatter just about everywhere. Kremlin has 130mm, which wont do too much either except pen DDs and superstructures. The 152mm secondaries have bad reload (8 sec)

Thanks, but those Americans can't not pen either 27mm (for cruisers) or 50 mm (for battle cruisers and above). Does that mean the Russian secondaries will be as good as the Americans? Does dispersion affects a lot? Maybe after the captain skill change, Soyez will be as good as Georgia?

Players
6,223 posts

I thought the changes would universally nerf the BB secondaries, or am I mistaken? If that is the case, would those with good secondaries suffer proportionately more compared to the ones with less good secondaries?

[CHEFT]
Players
12,400 posts
9,841 battles
7 minutes ago, luokailk said:

Thanks, but those Americans can't not pen either 27mm (for cruisers) or 50 mm (for battle cruisers and above). Does that mean the Russian secondaries will be as good as the Americans? Does dispersion affects a lot? Maybe after the captain skill change, Soyez will be as good as Georgia?

Imagine having german secondary dispersion with the pen from US secondaries. Thats basicly what other nations secondaries will be like.

German secondary dispersion is not good. What they have going for them, is the improved penetration. So they dont hit as good as the US secondaries, but if they hit, they will more likely deal direct damage. US secondaries have insanely good dispersion (slightly less with the nerf to accuracy after the rework), but often wont pen much except the superstructure, or if Massa is toptier against Cruisers.

Also as i mentioned, the reload from the bigger secondaries on russian BBs is really bad. They can deal damage to certain ships, but they wont hit too good in the first place.

Another comparision:

FDG has a dispersion of 296m when shooting 24km. With 1,8 sigma.

Vladi has 316m dispersion with its secondaries at 5km. With 1,0 sigma.

Massas secondaries with manual secondaries have 123m dispersion at 11,3km.

[CATS]
Players
30,026 posts
15,424 battles
On 12/17/2020 at 6:49 PM, luokailk said:

Hi guys, we know Vlad, Soy and Kremlin have worse secondaries nowadays compared to Mass, Goargia and Ohio (tier by tier). With new captain skills, will these Russian BBs better than these Americans by all means? Thanks

Why would you even think that?

• Bad 1

Sign in to follow this