You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Migantium_Mashum

Neustrashimy, good or bad?

23 comments in this topic

Players
2,466 posts

As a DD main, waiting for the Ship voucher to arrive, I wonder if anyone has already acquired the Neustrashimy and if so is she worth the Coal?

[NECRO]
Players
687 posts
26 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

As a DD main, waiting for the Ship voucher to arrive, I wonder if anyone has already acquired the Neustrashimy and if so is she worth the Coal?

The voucher won't help until that thing is moved to the ship section...

Besides obscenely balansed healing potential and decent stealth, I cannot discern any particularly excellent feature (from data, not from actually wasting resources for blyatmobiles). :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,771 posts
6,330 battles
1 hour ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

I have her (xmas container) but haven't played her yet. Let me get back to you when I have.

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,544 posts
14,520 battles

I like her but she should probably play as a torp boat. I have a gunboat captain on her as  gunboat in both the Grozovoi and Khaba (though i never play Khaba!).

She strong with her 5.6km detection and  nice heal. She doesn't really have a weakness except for her poor gun dpm, you make up for this by dueling destroyers at a distance, taking advantage of the shell speed, and healing .

She is strong but I'm pretty sure she isn't OP.

The Coal price, especially now, is very high. Marceau is less than 200,000 coal with the coupon and is a tier 10. 

I probably wouldn't recommend buying it unless you have lots of surplus coal.

• Cool 4

Players
2,791 posts
33,240 battles
41 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

@gopher31 so you'd rate Marceau over her?

You know they are two different DDs in different tiers with totally different characteristics and play styles.

One is a tier 9 DD which is mainly torpedo focused and uses its super heal advantage against enemy DDs in close combats. 

The other one, Marceau is a gun focused tier 10 boat with also somewhat useable torpedoes but has no heal or smoke. Marceau is more difficult to play especially when you consider running into CVs in many games.

Totally up to your taste. You want fast paced adrenalin rush game or a safer play knowing you won't see the bottom of ocean often since you can utilize your super heal and smoke in Neustrashimy?

• Cool 4

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,577 battles

Its a jack of all trades workhorse DD, esentially a Tier9 Grozovoi who trades a gunturret for a superheal and superior concealment.

It can contest caps.

It can fight other DDs.

It can deter planes.

It can outlast other DDs and stay alive in long games.

It can torp stuff.

It can do all of these things but its not the best in any of those areas, deceide yourself if you would be happy with that or not.

I like mine.

• Cool 7

[OGHF]
Players
1,339 posts
23,849 battles

Not got the Marceau, but bought the Neustrashimy last month, only played her a few times but she is a good torp boat as well as a gun boat, so a bit of an all rounder as per screen shot.Neust.thumb.png.6845cc7868511efeb0b014368f063e4d.png

• Cool 2

[ALYEN]
Players
2,381 posts
4,220 battles

Have a look at this channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-CVV_QxU4CesZL5pvdJw4A

The guy has a few Neustrashimy videos displaying the pros and cons of the ship.

Myself a DD main I am grinding coal for the ship, I want to get it. It is a cross between Ognevoi and Grozovoi. Exactly what a T9 DD in that line should be ...

Beta Tester
2,234 posts
13,411 battles

Well, I was lucky to get her out of a regular x-mas container these days.

I admit, this was a very lucky coincidence, because I already own so many premium ships and i never ever would have spent 300 k coal on a T9 DD. No matter how good it might be.

So the Neustrashimy, brandnew in my port, so not much experience up to now. I was doing a lot of coops to se what I have got there, but my first maiden random voyages were pretty satisfying.

I have a complete torpedo-build, modules plus captain skill. Gives me a relaod time of 95,6 seconds for the torpedo tubes, which is absolutely comfortable.

The range of 10 km is ... okish ... could be more, sure, but i feel its ok. Torpedospeed is 68 knots (with module), fast enough.

The guns are reliable old friends, just 4 in 2 turrets but I dont have any issues with that and the reload of 4 seconds is good enough for me. The base range of 12,8 km is fantastic. Its a torpedoboat for me, not a gunboat.

AA is not at a Halland-level, but good enough to make T8 CV work for their money.

The highlights are the camo and the heal.

5,6 km is top among the Toptier DD and allows you to sneak up to almost everybody, especially as you have this godlike heal as a backup.

It might not be a ship for everybody, definitely its kind of ... different. And I would not have paid 300 k coal for it, I have to admit.

Me personally I loved my Ognevoi for whatever reason and i like my Siliwangi, so Neustrashimy feels right at home with me.

• Cool 4

Players
3,672 posts
14,325 battles

Very good. I watched Maltese Knight rack up 150k with just guns and tank a million and still have a 1/4 HP left. I like using mine to win knife 🔪 fights in the caps early then control my zones.

• Cool 1

[HANDS]
Players
320 posts
24,345 battles

I got it when it was for steel. Never regret it. For competitive mode is a very powerful DD in the right hands. Each heal will pump u 8k HP+ depends of signals. with a 24k HP pool. I had games with 40.000 dmg taken and survived.

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,544 posts
14,520 battles
2 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

@gopher31 so you'd rate Marceau over her?

These two ships may as well be different classes to be honest.

Concealment 5.6km vs 7.0km

Marceau has roughly double the dpm.

ExecuteOrder66 and Kfa describe the ship very well.

• Cool 2

Players
2,466 posts

Thanks to all who contributed.

Neustrashimy it is then... I prefer a tactical game as opposed to an Adrenaline rush..

• Cool 3

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,142 posts
14,564 battles
55 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Neustrashimy it is then... I prefer a tactical game as opposed to an Adrenaline rush..

Taking the French DDs out for a spin can be fun though. 

A bit like playing the FV304 (the GB SPG with short range but fast gun and speed like a light tank) in WoT.

[SHAD]
Players
3,544 posts
14,520 battles
1 hour ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Thanks to all who contributed.

Just wait for it to go to the ship section of the armory. You can then save yourself 70,000 coal.

• Cool 2

Weekend Tester
1,396 posts
36,281 battles

Do you have Khaba and Grozovoi? You do notice the difference in gun dps, 4 vs 3 turrets. And now take away even one more turret for Neustra. She needs the heal because it will take her so damn much longer to gun down enemy dds, thus taking unnecessary damage in the process. It's more like an Ognevoi at t9 than a downtiered t10.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,771 posts
6,330 battles
4 minutes ago, AlwaysBadLuckWithTeams said:

Do you have Khaba and Grozovoi? You do notice the difference in gun dps, 4 vs 3 turrets. And now take away even one more turret for Neustra. She needs the heal because it will take her so damn much longer to gun down enemy dds, thus taking unnecessary damage in the process. It's more like an Ognevoi at t9 than a downtiered t10.

To be fair she does have a second faster base reload than the Oggy at least.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,712 posts
15,214 battles
2 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Neustrashimy it is then...

Good choice; although I haven't played a huge number of games so far in mine (from an Xmas box), she's showing signs of becoming a firm favourite.

She seems to be exactly the sort of sneaky DD, with a decent torp-gun balance that I like; also the AA isn't entirely disastrous (DefAA), and the heal is glorious.

• Cool 3

Players
2,466 posts
2 hours ago, gopher31 said:

Just wait for it to go to the ship section of the armory. You can then save yourself 70,000 coal.

Do you think it will end up as an Armoury Coal purchase or revert back to Steel?

[BASIC]
Players
749 posts
21,560 battles
16 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Do you think it will end up as an Armoury Coal purchase or revert back to Steel?

There is nothing to think about it. It's WGs statement, that this dd will end up in 'ships for resources' section with discount in 0.10.0. So far, if I'm willing to use some soviet torp boat, I take free Ognevoi with perma camo.

• Cool 2

Players
2,466 posts
3 minutes ago, koliber_1984 said:

There is nothing to think about it. It's WGs statement, that this dd will end up in 'ships for resources' section with discount in 0.10.0. So far, if I'm willing to use some soviet torp boat, I take free Ognevoi with perma camo.

That you bud, I missed that bit...

[B-F-L]
Players
49 posts
On 12/17/2020 at 1:02 PM, gopher31 said:

This DD cost 296.000 coal and no cupon is available:(