Sign in to follow this  
MightyMud2

New and looking for a few answers please

8 comments in this topic

Players
4 posts

Hello all and thanks in advance for any help I get.

1. I am currently playing on PS4 can I make an account on my mac (or windows laptop) and link them to be same accounts?

2. I am currently enjoying tier 2 valkyrie in the royal navy and enjoying don't enjoy wakeful will I still rank up to tier 4 and beyond using the tier 2 or do I need to use each ship to get to the next one?

3.  I am unsure on what to unlock for my commander I figure trying to get Reginald is best for Roylan navy using the destroyers for torp use, I did read another post but the layout and I think was pc and very different unlocks to ps4? so very unclear ( a pic on ps4 would help) :)

4. Apart from maybe doing Japan next for other destroyers, what other boat and lines should I look at was thinking a battleship and cruiser line?

5.  Are there any bundles worth purchasing at present or keeping my eyes out for or should I not spend any money?

I am looking around at other threads and vids online for tips especially for a noob like me :D but enjoying the game and appreciate any help

PS4 tag is: MightyMud

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
1 hour ago, MightyMud2 said:

Hello all and thanks in advance for any help I get.

1. I am currently playing on PS4 can I make an account on my mac (or windows laptop) and link them to be same accounts?

2. I am currently enjoying tier 2 valkyrie in the royal navy and enjoying don't enjoy wakeful will I still rank up to tier 4 and beyond using the tier 2 or do I need to use each ship to get to the next one?

3.  I am unsure on what to unlock for my commander I figure trying to get Reginald is best for Roylan navy using the destroyers for torp use, I did read another post but the layout and I think was pc and very different unlocks to ps4? so very unclear ( a pic on ps4 would help) :)

4. Apart from maybe doing Japan next for other destroyers, what other boat and lines should I look at was thinking a battleship and cruiser line?

5.  Are there any bundles worth purchasing at present or keeping my eyes out for or should I not spend any money?

I am looking around at other threads and vids online for tips especially for a noob like me :D but enjoying the game and appreciate any help

PS4 tag is: MightyMud

Hi and welcome! Let's take it from the top:

1. I don't believe so, and

(tl;dr forget the MacOS version exists).

2. You need to use each ship for the next one. In order to unlock a tier 4 ship, you need to gain the required amount of xp on a tier 3 ship, then grind through tier 4 for to get to 5, and so on until you hit tier 10.

3. For destroyers, your base build is usually this (first 10 points): Preventive Maintenance or Priority Target, Last Stand (mandatory on all DD's), Survivability Expert (do not use this on Battleships, please, don't be that guy), and Concealment Expert. The remaining 9 points are usually distributed based on the role - is it a pure gunboat (build for better gun dpm), torp boat (better torp reload) or something of a hybrid (decide yourself). In addition, Radio Location is a very useful skill there. Not sure what you meant by Reginald there? If that's the name of your captain, if it isn't one of the unique captains (like Andrew Cunningham, Halsey etc) their names are just randomly selected from a pool of names appropriate to each nation. Also worth keeping in mind WG is planning a massive rework of the skill tree system soon (in a few months, probably) but until that hits the base DD build I specified above will work.

4. For the first BB line I still think USN Battleships (the branch that goes from North Carolina to Montana) is a good first one to learn about positioning, angling, gunnery, etc. Cruisers.. there are several types (lock down the cap with radar, hit and run with radar, kite and spam, etc). You're probably best off learning how to effectively kite, and there's plenty of choice there - German, IJN, Royal Navy CA's (their CL's are excellent but very specific, hard to play well and a really poor first choice) or French. Alternatively you could go with Russian CA's (line that ends with Petropavlovsk), but prepare for a bit of a slog at t9. Honestly I still think Hindenburg is a fairly good choice for a first t10 cruiser, even with all the power creep going on. It's just a solid all-rounder platform well suited to learning the most important lessons of playing cruisers.

5. Keep your money until you get more battles and experience under your belt. If you must spend, use it for premium time to help with credit farming. I'd avoid falling into the trap of buying any premium ships for now, low tier ones won't really help you that much with credits or captain training, and high tier ones won't help you either as you'll just get murdered and bottom score if you just jump straight into them with no prior experience, which will result in financial losses regardless of the ship being premium.

• Cool 3

Players
919 posts
6,026 battles

there are vast bundles of buyers regret everywhere you look.

never buy a thing over t7.

german cruisers are ok imo. titalian are a pita.

ymmv.

the current gamestate is all about concealment(detection range), overmatch(bs arcade armour pen) and cv class, which have little actual counter.

the gameplay peaks at t6/7 then gets s*** sharply.

• Cool 1

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
3 hours ago, MightyMud2 said:

forgot to ask about aircraft carriers, can't say I have seen any are they good/fun?

While some people enjoy them, they are the minority, and even less are actually good in them. They are the most hated and complained about class in the game due to their ability to quickly spot anything on the map and the ability to deal damage and kill stuff from absolute safety, tucked away at the edge of the map behind some island. It is this ability that usually infuriates people, since the AA has been nerfed to joke levels so actually denying strikes is often impossible.

If this sounds bad, that’s because it is. If you run into a good CV player that wants you dead, you will die. Only question is, how soon. Luckily, most CV players are bad, and if they focus you there are things you can usually do.

Since you play DD’s and you will start seeing CV’s at tier 4, tip: don’t sail around with AA on, that just gets you spotted faster. Instead, turn it off (P) and also enable AA detection circles on your minimap to aid in avoiding detection as much as possible. When you do turn AA on because you are plane spotted anyway, do so with the sector reinforcement key (O) in the direction of the planes.

• Cool 1

Players
4 posts

Thanks for the help so far, I have found the game very different on ps4 compared to windows it seems. which is unfortunate be nice if it was the same and even cross-platform compatible.

either way the tips and info are still very helpful :)

Beta Tester
2,019 posts
18,898 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, MightyMud2 sagte:

Thanks for the help so far, I have found the game very different on ps4 compared to windows it seems. which is unfortunate be nice if it was the same and even cross-platform compatible.

either way the tips and info are still very helpful :)

If I  am not mistaken the console game is called "World of Warships Legends". The games look alike in many aspects but they are two different games.

• Cool 2

Players
4 posts
On 12/16/2020 at 11:57 AM, Johnny_Moneto said:

If I  am not mistaken the console game is called "World of Warships Legends". The games look alike in many aspects but they are two different games.

absolutely correct I'm considering to focus on the windows version more detailed better options really frustrated lol

however, Aircraft carriers are not in ps4 version yet coming in the new year.

I am enjoying my royal navy destroyers got a level 10 captain for destroyers :D and tier 4 destroyer good fun have also done ok with America cruiser tier 3 to get my battleship unlocked 

thanks all for advice and info.

Sign in to follow this