You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

Update of commander skills: questions and answers (DB 107)

150 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
5,086 posts
4,252 battles

Commanders!

We would like to address several important questions and concerns you've raised about the upcoming update to the skills system.

Read more

• Cool 5
  • Bad 19
  • Angry 3

[FAIR]
Players
101 posts
7,925 battles

Thanks for this answers and I look forward to this great update. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 14

Players
10,358 posts
12,044 battles

However, also thanks to your comments, we've decided to increase Atlanta's basic firing range by 20%, from 11.1 to 13.3 km with the release of 0.10.0, thereby "welding" the skill into the ship. We're planning to improve Colbert's acceleration and deceleration dynamics. Flint and Smolensk don't require such a preemptive change, but we will keep a close eye on their combat statistics and implement changes if needed.

Atlanta still loses reload bonus from BFT:cap_tea:

A dedicated balance test hosted on a separate server, even if it were week-long, would not yield decisive results due to the following reasons:

• A temporary test is too short a time period to try out the majority of ships and all the different possible builds for them;
  • Test servers rarely generate enough motivation for serious battles, to occur: there's no risk of damaging individual stats, and winning does not influence account progress. Both of these are the most important motivators on the main server;
  • Only a rather small number of players would be ready to stop activity on the main server in favor of battles on the test server, so the sample wouldn't be fully representative.

How about dangling sufficiently big carrot in front of playerbase?

• Some skills are ineffective for certain ships, and others have a greater effect on some classes more than others. Splitting skill trees into classes will fix this situation and will also give more room for future improvements and opportunities for more specialized skills.

And yet Concealment Expert, the most overpowered skill still stands

At the same time, it should be considered that commanders with 19 skill points are still strong in battle and do not lose their efficiency with the new system.

Err, no. Priority Target and Adrenaline rush, two go-to skills on basically anything that isn't CV got bumped by a point, thus "new 19pointer" have to sacrifice something to restore these skills, ergo, "lose their efficiency with new system".

Also increased point cost on these two skills conveniently eats two points extra from raising cap to 21, so to restore pre rework 19pointer captain one have to grind or otherwise sink 1.2m exp into them.

It will be impossible to build a secondaries-focused cruiser.

Yes, it is so. Right now there are just a couple of cruisers in the game that can focus on secondaries. However, for almost the whole class,  secondary-related skills won't be effective. If more cruisers like this were to be added, we would consider changes. 

So, middle finger for those who spend "not monitezable directly" Steel on Siegfried, because balance team in their infinite wisdom extended her secondary range, which gave people idea about secondary cruiser meme build:cap_tea:

Basically, the feeling I have after re reading through new skills is "we're putting whole lot of work to change effectively nothing in the end".

• Cool 20
  • Bad 1

Players
31 posts
9,823 battles

Warspite currently has 5km base secondary range, 1km more than the standard of 4km, will she:

Maintain this gap, i.e. go to 5.95/6km base secondary range? (new base is 4.95km)

Go to "German/French" range of 5.6km?

Stay at 5km (thereby eliminating her previous advantage entirely)?

Players
10,358 posts
12,044 battles
3 minutes ago, BraveExpress said:

Warspite currently has 5km base secondary range, 1km more than the standard of 4km, will she:

Maintain this gap, i.e. go to 5.95/6km base secondary range? (new base is 4.95km)

Go to "German/French" range of 5.6km?

Stay at 5km (thereby eliminating her previous advantage entirely)?

According to the post, she will have 0.05km secondary range advantage over non Ger/FR :cap_book:

[CKBK]
Players
401 posts
19,465 battles

So the Alaska will basically will have to be played with range and you will have to use HE 90% of the time, what a gread idea.

• Cool 3

[BMD]
[BMD]
Players
554 posts
18,493 battles
1 hour ago, Tanatoy said:

Commanders!

We would like to address several important questions and concerns you've raised about the upcoming update to the skills system.

Read more

Well @Tanatoy aka WG regarding the Flint you are bumbing that one down to 11,1 km firing range and then you say that after 0.10.0 you will look into it closely and then decide what to do. Well i can tell you what will happen no one will play it and then i will demand a full refund for my Flint (steel) so to conclude you aka WG are out of their f...... mind 

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[WG]
5,086 posts
4,252 battles
3 minutes ago, Cammo1962 said:

Well @Tanatoy aka WG regarding the Flint you are bumbing that one down to 11,1 km firing range and then you say that after 0.10.0 you will look into it closely and then decide what to do. Well i can tell you what will happen no one will play them and then i will demand a full refund for my Flint (steel) so to conclude you aka WG are out of their f...... mind 

Hi,

Please read the devblog. 

• Bad 2

[BMD]
[BMD]
Players
554 posts
18,493 battles
1 hour ago, _Fives said:

Thanks for this answers and I look forward to this great update. 

Are you nutts @_Fives ??

[BMD]
[BMD]
Players
554 posts
18,493 battles
Just now, Tanatoy said:

Hi,

Please read the devblog. 

I wont play the Flint with a gun range of 11.1 km no way in h... @Tanatoy and i dont care what the Devblog says because we know we cant trust WG 

[WG]
5,086 posts
4,252 battles
Just now, Cammo1962 said:

I wont play the Flint with a gun range of 11.1 km no way in h... @Tanatoy and i dont care what the Devblog says because we know we cant trust WG 

As you wish, but please edit your post (you can use the multi-quote button) and don't do double posting. Thanks in advance,

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,994 posts
10,174 battles

Secondaries-based builds will now be weaker because you've lowered the accuracy bonus.

We don't plan to lower the efficiency of secondary-focused ships, but we understand that they'll have a shift in gameplay: if previously you could focus fire on one target with increased accuracy, now you'll be able to fight several enemies at once — on either side of your ship — by sacrificing some accuracy. In addition to this change, we're also increasing secondaries' range, so their efficiency will be improved. Besides, skills for secondary guns now require fewer skill points.

So....you're dumbing down secondaries and in doing so punishing good players while rewarding bad ones. Okay then... See, if you have the "ability" to fight multiple enemies from multiple sides...then that means that you're out of position and you screwed up.

• Cool 8

[BMD]
[BMD]
Players
554 posts
18,493 battles
4 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

As you wish, but please edit your post (you can use the multi-quote button) and don't do double posting. Thanks in advance,

Pls show me my double post thx

[MIAO]
Players
1,808 posts
8,813 battles
2 ore fa, Tanatoy ha scritto:

Commanders!

Read more

i love the thingy for the doubloons

[SM0KE]
Players
6,697 posts
15,193 battles
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

Err, no. Priority Target and Adrenaline rush, two go-to skills on basically anything that isn't CV got bumped by a point, thus "new 19pointer" have to sacrifice something to restore these skills, ergo, "lose their efficiency with new system".

Also increased point cost on these two skills conveniently eats two points extra from raising cap to 21, so to restore pre rework 19pointer captain one have to grind or otherwise sink 1.2m exp into them.

This.

Also - as I mention in another thread - a key reason to play maximum points captains is to generate elite xp; until you bag 1.2 million captain xp, this is no longer possible. That's a big drop in 'efficiency', and for a not inconsiderable amount of time.

Whoever wrote this particular devblog is being flat-out disingenuous, and that's being very polite...

• Cool 7

[SM0KE]
Players
6,697 posts
15,193 battles
2 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

update to the skills system.

One thing that strikes me is that a) the 'bare minimum' free captain respec is all present and correct, but b) there are assurances that the system will be tweaked as the data demands it.

Given WG's usual form, would I be correct in assuming that the respec will be over by the time said data is in, and so we will all have to spend money (doubloons) when the likely data-driven tweaks make our v1 captain builds no longer optimal? We longer-term players have been through this before (more than once) with the triumphant success that is the CV reework.

image.thumb.png.26c3114fa743767e494c00709972eb99.png

Just for my own curiosity: are you actively *trying* to pi$$ off your customers? Agir and Siegfried are both hard work (or expensive i.e. real money) to get, and a key part of their appeal is their being the only viable secondary cruisers in the game (yeah, there's GS too, but she's T6). This doesn't apply to me, as I knew this nonsense was coming, but how many customers do you have who are going to get a really nasty surprise when their entertaining 'manly' cruiser suddenly turns into just another boring 'fight from range' clone like all the others?

(Edited to fix formatting muck-up)

• Cool 11

[TEARS]
Players
38 posts
8,088 battles

Why Atlanta will get the improved range into the ship yet Flint will remain on 11.1? They are same class ships, its like giving Bismarck more range then tirpitz becouse tirpitz has tops yet they are same class of ships. Flint has smoke yeah, and longer torps, but less guns, but still, please put its range to the same as Atlanta, becouse playing at 11.1 is nearly suicidal for both ships

• Cool 7

[BMD]
[BMD]
Players
554 posts
18,493 battles
7 minutes ago, Realazio said:

Why Atlanta will get the improved range into the ship yet Flint will remain on 11.1? They are same class ships, its like giving Bismarck more range then tirpitz becouse tirpitz has tops yet they are same class of ships. Flint has smoke yeah, and longer torps, but less guns, but still, please put its range to the same as Atlanta, becouse playing at 11.1 is nearly suicidal for both ships

News flash @Realazio Devs have been drinking vodka again after hours again and looked at it and said it all looks fine :Smile_glasses:

• Funny 3

Players
2,043 posts
3,816 battles

@Cammo1962 you know what i just choose to do; IF and when the new skill system drops, i'll just take away the skills from all my captains and go into battle without any skill point assigned. 

• Funny 3

[DAVY]
Players
3,184 posts
14,794 battles

i think we should start a petition asking WG for compensation for the time it'll take to sort out our commanders (selfishly looking at 383 ships in port) like maybe under 100 ships 1 days prem, 100-200 2 days, 200-300 3 days, and 300+ a week at least :P 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[BMD]
[BMD]
Players
554 posts
18,493 battles
Just now, wot_2016_gunner said:

@Cammo1962 you know what i just choose to do; IF and when the new skill system drops, i'll just take away the skills from all my captains and go into battle without any skill point assigned. 

Could be fun @wot_2016_gunner :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1