You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Updates to Ranked Battles

108 comments in this topic

[B0TS]
Players
19 posts
24,740 battles

Everything WG does its making this a new grinding event. It doesn't change what I thought the idea was and that was to separate better players from no so god players.   

[NODDY]
[NODDY]
Beta Tester
111 posts
14,471 battles

saddest thing about this thread, is not the fact that WG have listened to the complaints of how shitty RANKED was and the grind associated with it.  We all ranted and told them we love ranked sprint (which I do) so WG have listened and given us a much better test of player ranking skill.  

- yet all the players moan about is the lack of free stuff... 

Personally think the new ranking system will leave the rubbish players in Bronze the average players in Silver the top players in Gold. Which means that you will soon have less worries of carrying the potatoes with you.

• Bad 1

[-GG-]
[-GG-]
Players
383 posts
22,945 battles

WG - rethink steel rewards pls.

To rank-out in Bronze one needs 4 consecutive wins (or save-star) - the reward for rank-out is 100 steel.

In Silver to rank-out the threshold is 9 and the reward is ... 100 steel (?????)

In Gold to rank-out the threshold is 19 and the reward is ... 200 steel (????????????) 

How it should work:

1) In Bronze - 300 steel for wins and 300 for rank-out

2) In Silver - 400 steel for wins and 400 for rank-out AND 300 steel for the first sprint in Silver after succesful quali in Bronze

3) In Gold - 500 steel for wins and 500 for rank-out AND 400 steel for the first sprint in Gold after succesful quali in Silver

Otherwise it makes very low appeal to play quali and advance to Silver/Gold at all , if one is playing RB for steel only. 

In your test one can get 2400 steel for playing Bronze, that is very easy with every second rank irrevocable. 

But if one takes the effort to quali to Silver and play 5 other weeks in Silver the "added value" is only 500 steel if player manages to rank-out 5 times (!) 

• Cool 1

Players
3,168 posts
22,814 battles

I would have been genuinely surprised if Wargaming had not finally destroyed Ranked while claiming to have improved it.

Seriously though, you have to admire the sheer brazenness with which they are pandering to their speshul favorite child, the CV "players". Putting tiers 9 and 10 together in the silver league is a stroke of pure evil genius.

This ensures that a) there is not a single "league" without CVs and b) that CVs are never uptiered while always enjoying a steady supply of helpless fodder to grief throughout the whole event.

At the same time, they are forcing CVs down our throat in every single game mode there is, even going so far as to cram CV bots into CO-OP even when no human carrier "players" are queueing up.

If you still refuse to organise in protest at this point, you might as well leave Wargaming all your earthly posessions in your will and jump off a cliff at your earliest convenience.

https://discord.gg/XcDrF4C4

• Cool 3

[DAVA]
Players
58 posts
13,325 battles

Hello The_EURL_Guy,

I have a short question for you:

Why when a change a take place, player base is loosing and WG is winning?

In that specific case, Ranked battles, know we have less prizes and double the grind. And I'm really sorry, because I use to like this game, but all the changes you made this year converging to only one answer: You (WG) don't want to play your game anymore. 

Regarding Ranked battles, untill your MM will count player's skill, I will play ranked only 1 vs 1.

See ya

• Cool 1

Players
12 posts
10,515 battles

Qué evento de mierda, no sólo tienes que luchar con el algoritmo de tiro, sino que también depende del equipo que te toque, como para hacer 3 o 4 batallas ganadoras, vamos no jodas conmigo, esto para jugar la perova vestida como mamporrera.

[NSVE]
Players
3 posts
8,649 battles

I use to like playing ranked battles, but this new system is rather poor.  Each match you have a 50% chance of winning, so it feels like one step forward two steps back.  It has become a grind just to get out of Bronze and tbh I cannot be arsed to play in the hope my side wins to achieve that.

• Cool 1

Players
47 posts
12,090 battles
On 12/31/2020 at 4:16 AM, Dr_Strange_Love said:

I use to like playing ranked battles, but this new system is rather poor.  Each match you have a 50% chance of winning, so it feels like one step forward two steps back.  It has become a grind just to get out of Bronze and tbh I cannot be arsed to play in the hope my side wins to achieve that.

Yeah, got to 3 stars in quali twice and dropped back to 0...

[TITAN]
Beta Tester
1 post
10,610 battles

Hello, I am against the time system since in my case, I cannot play the qualifiers since I usually enter when the schedule ends around 1 and the truth is that I cannot qualify nor do I have time, my job, my family and I prefer the 24-hour schedule so that we can all play our schedule by not being enslaved to the one we have now. Thank you.

• Cool 1

Players
1 post
1,727 battles

I don't know why. After I start to triumph, I win a series of victories, but when I lose 1 time I lose serially. Finally, Qualifying matches 3 are ideal. But it is very bad that he is 5 in the silver league qualifiers. I am sick of doing the same.

• Cool 1

[HNFC]
Players
68 posts
8,293 battles

Silver league was a chore... a whole week of trying and I'm still at 7/0 ... and now it will be reset. 

So  I guess this is queue for me to stop with this ranked BS?  I'll give it a second try after the reset but so far was the experience subpar below all my (LOW) expectations .

• Cool 1

Players
47 posts
12,090 battles

Today I was 1 star away from finally making it into silver. But as luck would have it, a mediocre Halland teammate managed to kill our Gro Kur and then couldn't sink a Brindisi that had 5000 health left. We lost. Thanks WG for the useless grinds.

[FAM]
Players
29 posts
18,359 battles

Been playing Gold league since yesterday. The same issues that the old system has. The same damage farming saving star on the back. The same forced lemming train when CVs are in. The rewards are way worst and you have just 1 week to reach rank 1, when there is no irrevocable rank...

What's the point of putting a team with a W/R above 60% and PR +1800 against a team with only 2 of their members above 50% W/R and +1000PR? The things that didn't work still doesn't work, but the solution is to make ranked weekly. Don't want to talk about a system that rewards in battle performance just like other games have. Probably because you got so much resources on people designin new premium ships instead of improving the game itself.

Once again, WeeGee, once again...

• Cool 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,649 posts
12,999 battles
3 minutes ago, tom_kat said:

Been playing Gold league since yesterday. The same issues that the old system has. The same damage farming saving star on the back. The same forced lemming train when CVs are in. The rewards are way worst and you have just 1 week to reach rank 1, when there is no irrevocable rank...

What's the point of putting a team with a W/R above 60% and PR +1800 against a team with only 2 of their members above 50% W/R and +1000PR? The things that didn't work still doesn't work, but the solution is to make ranked weekly. Don't want to talk about a system that rewards in battle performance just like other games have. Probably because you got so much resources on people designin new premium ships instead of improving the game itself.

Once again, WeeGee, once again...

you have 27 days for finish gold

[FAM]
Players
29 posts
18,359 battles
11 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

I was talking in general.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,869 posts
14,709 battles
14 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

You have 1 week to finish it, the rewards reset every tuesday. If you want to get the gold rewards the maximum of 4 times you have to reach rank 1 each week.

• Cool 1

[LSCA]
Players
1,649 posts
12,999 battles
1 minute ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

You have 1 week to finish it, the rewards reset every tuesday. If you want to get the gold rewards the maximum of 4 times you have to reach rank 1 each week.

you sure that they reset?

1,869 posts
14,709 battles
1 minute ago, gabberworld said:

you sure that they reset?

In the article;

image.thumb.png.a026a2d8a569facc403c2e2cac5ca045.png

A "sprint" in this context is each weekly ranked attempt.

• Cool 1

[KITEN]
Players
675 posts
15,905 battles

Congratulations, you made ranked even worse than it was before. I have better things to do with my life than spend all of my time grinding a rubbish game mode for rubbish rewards so i can display a 1 post game screen...

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
[SHAFT]
Players
1,289 posts
26,236 battles

Very bad... Horrible team play, if one can call it like that.

Sub 45% players clicking "battle" and either going afk or not having any clue of what they're doing.

• Cool 1

Players
1,571 posts
17,968 battles
Am 6.1.2021 um 14:11, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu sagte:

In the article;

image.thumb.png.a026a2d8a569facc403c2e2cac5ca045.png

A "sprint" in this context is each weekly ranked attempt.

Afaik wouldnt that also mean that anyone that gets r1 in gold this week will be down to r10 next week regardless of if he keeps playing or not. I mean at least that how it works in the other two lower leagues if you dont qualify.

Did anyone had the chance to test that on PTS?

1,869 posts
14,709 battles
1 hour ago, Khaba_Gandalf said:

Afaik wouldnt that also mean that anyone that gets r1 in gold this week will be down to r10 next week regardless of if he keeps playing or not. I mean at least that how it works in the other two lower leagues if you dont qualify.

Yes, you would go back down to rank 10 so that you could earn the rewards all over again.

Eternal ranked, it never ends.

• Funny 1

[T-N-T]
Players
3,801 posts
18,594 battles
4 hours ago, Khaba_Gandalf said:

Indeed, that's what it is. Want all available rewards? You gotta grind week in, week out, no stopping for ya! At least the job pays well, right? ... Wait, it ain't a job and doesn't pay s*it?! Even the virtual "rewards" are way worse than before? Say what?!

:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 3