You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Updates to Ranked Battles

108 comments in this topic

[WTFNO]
Players
689 posts
12,205 battles

Interesting, but get rid of the damn 'farmer keeps a star' crap.

You can just give 2 stars to the first one in the winning team instead.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[-MCD-]
Players
67 posts
9,898 battles

Boring long grinds, not available at night. I play with my friends in Wows from 9pm to 3am GMT,  how can I find the time to get the grind done?

• Cool 5

[NEXT]
Players
6,095 posts
12,175 battles
Just now, Carramber1 said:

Boring long grinds, not available at night. What is defined as night? I play with my friends in Wows from 9pm to 1pm GMT, does that mean ranked wont be available? how is that fair?

I would assume something around 11pm or later, when most players are not playing anyways and thus not matchmaking will happen or only with long waiting times. Playing ranked at lets say 3 am was kinda pointless in high ranks. I think they saw that in their statistics and restrict the time

Players
2,043 posts
3,825 battles

Honestly the rewards feel very nerfed right now; i mean, i understand that it's now continuous ranked, but... really?! :Smile_amazed:

from this (Ranked season 16, Tier 7)

8a23aa8c-98e6-11ea-aa0a-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

To this

13448e52-3ea1-11eb-b439-8cdcd4b147d4_120

• Cool 8
  • Angry 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,593 posts
4,354 battles
38 minutes ago, Carramber1 said:

Boring long grinds, not available at night. I play with my friends in Wows from 9pm to 3am GMT,  how can I find the time to get the grind done?

EU: 08:00 - 01:00 UTC, stated in the article .... which is doable ... I'll have about an hour for Ranked in my usual window

[ALYEN]
Players
2,593 posts
4,354 battles
30 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Honestly the rewards feel very nerfed right now; i mean, i understand that it's now continuous ranked, but... really?! :Smile_amazed:

from this (Ranked season 16, Tier 7)

8a23aa8c-98e6-11ea-aa0a-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

To this

13448e52-3ea1-11eb-b439-8cdcd4b147d4_120

4 sprints per season in gold means 1600 doubloons, 2400 steel and 20k coal in total:

During the Season, you can participate in no more than six sprints in the Bronze League, or five in the Silver League, or four in the Gold League.

• Cool 1

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles

I’m not entirely clear on how qualification will work, exactly. Is it like struggles between leagues in CB’s? So, 5 attempts, you need 3 wins. If you fail, I take it you have to wait until the next season to try again? 

Players
580 posts
17,662 battles

Still no flag for (Gold) Rank 1. Still wasting everyone's time.

Vor 3 Minuten, AmiralPotato sagte:

Interesting, but get rid of the damn 'farmer keeps a star' crap

Preposterous suggestion. Saving a star is the only thing that allows players to differentiate themselves from their team. As a competitive solo queue mode, Ranked needs to do as much as possible to allow players to differentiate themselves based on their individual skill.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Players
363 posts
19,526 battles

Ok rewords are usless , and why in bronze and silver league you cant earn tokens ?

• Cool 1

Players
363 posts
19,526 battles
4 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

EU: 08:00 - 01:00 UTC, stated in the article .... which is doable ... I'll have about an hour for Ranked in my usual window

Yes if you are unemployed and have no life ...

(BTW WHEN update 0.9.12 came out !? , THERE IS NO INFORMATION ANYWERE ABOUT THAT ! , come on WG , is importent news for some people )

• Cool 3

[ALYEN]
Players
2,593 posts
4,354 battles
1 minute ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

back then it was 4.700 per season

sure, but if there will be a short pause between seasons it should be about the same ... we had ranked sprints between proper ranked or long pauses between seasons of ranked ... the problem is you'll have to play ranked continuously now ...

I have issues with the qualification however ...

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,593 posts
4,354 battles
1 minute ago, Wicket_Boomber said:

Yes if you are unemployed and have no life ...

ok ... to put it differently ... 08:00AM to 01:00 AM next day .... CET is usually UTC +1, so it covers 09:00 - 02:00 which should be plenty for anybody ... I doubt there are many people that can only play from 3am to 8am ...

I do have a life (family, work and such) and my window is 22:00 - 01:00 usually .... so covers me quite fine ...

[WTFNO]
Players
689 posts
12,205 battles
Just now, 300ConfirmedKills said:

As a competitive solo queue mode, Ranked needs to do as much as possible to allow players to differentiate themselves based on their individual skill.

Ok, then give 2 stars to the first score in winning team.

I still believe the only possible true measure of skill is winrate over a sufficient number of battles.

I'm afraid any kind of arguably single-game metric will be open to exploits.

Players
363 posts
19,526 battles
2 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

sure, but if there will be a short pause between seasons it should be about the same ... we had ranked sprints between proper ranked or long pauses between seasons of ranked ... the problem is you'll have to play ranked continuously now ...

I have issues with the qualification however ...

My highest rank ever was 5th , and that was a loot of stress , and now constant stress , I dont know if it is worth it ...

• Cool 3

[ALYEN]
Players
2,593 posts
4,354 battles
2 minutes ago, Wicket_Boomber said:

My highest rank ever was 5th , and that was a loot of stress , and now constant stress , I dont know if it is worth it ...

you don't have to play ranked, it's just one of the options .... my highest rank was ... erm no clue ... wows-numbers does no display that info anymore for some reason ...

Players
2,043 posts
3,825 battles
Proprio ora, Hugh_Ruka ha scritto:

you don't have to play ranked, it's just one of the options .... my highest rank was ... erm no clue ... wows-numbers does no display that info anymore for some reason ...

But if you want to get Steel there are only 2 modes: Ranked and Clan Battles (and let's just say that the Clan Battles meta isn't great ot say the least)

[ALYEN]
Players
2,593 posts
4,354 battles
1 minute ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

But if you want to get Steel there are only 2 modes: Ranked and Clan Battles (and let's just say that the Clan Battles meta isn't great ot say the least)

I may have the luxury of not caring about steel here ... the only interesting steel ship for me (Somers) is getting removed, so my only usage of steel will be to convert to coal. however the steady doubloon income will be handy ...

Alpha Tester
3,140 posts
12,330 battles

Ranked Battles aren't available at night. This is necessary to ensure high-quality matchmaking

In the evenings? Am I reading this correctly?

Well, so those who work daylight hours and get home at night can't play ranked? Where am I going wrong understanding this, this surely cannot be what they mean, because if so this must be one of the most stupid ideas I've heard to date.

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
Just now, Shaka_D said:

Ranked Battles aren't available at night. This is necessary to ensure high-quality matchmaking

Well, so those who work daylight hours and get home at night can't play ranked? Where am I going wrong understanding this, this surely cannot be what they mean, because if so this must be one of the most stupid ideas I've heard to date.

Nights and evenings are two different things. I'd expect the session to end at around 11PM CET. If you work and have to get up in the morning you probably wouldn't have stayed much later than that to play, anyway. I am amused with the sentence about "ensuring high-quality matchmaking". Have these people even played the game :cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

[ALYEN]
Players
2,593 posts
4,354 battles
1 minute ago, Shaka_D said:

This is for the Test ranked season, but I don't see a reason for them to change it:

image.png.3c81831118e8c276a603b59c3aa6b95f.png

Covers normal EU window quite nicely I think ....