Jump to content
Armory Maintenance - 30.11.2021 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Humorpalanta

Current meta CV+overmatch=FUNNY! (edited)

37 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,827 posts
12,831 battles

Okay I am getting a bit nervous...

 

I am a cruiser main. I know how to position, dodge, kite, set fires in cruisers or torp people as a surprise but I cannot take it anymore...

 

Playing Zao, Hindi, DM, Mino in the last weeks and I have to say is... unplayable.

 

The game is filled with the CVNTs and overmatch or "special" penetration BBs like Vermont, Thunderer, Shikishima, Yamato, Ohio, Slava, Musashi, Kremlin, Stalins and Petros.

 

The BBs stay 18-20 km away from everything, CVNTs spot for them and no matter what you do they will citpen you left, right and middle.

 

Congrats WeeGee. You finally pulled it off. This is it... Either you do something with it or there will be no reason to play. At all.

 

shot-20-12-14-19-51-25-0115.jpg

 

shot-20-12-13-15-17-17-0191.jpg

  • Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,975 posts
13,870 battles

The future is now, old man. - Petropavlovsk, 2020

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,977 posts
35,036 battles
2 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

Okay I am getting a bit nervous...

 

I am a cruiser main. I know how to position, dodge, kite, set fires in cruisers or torp people as a surprise but I cannot take it anymore...

 

Playing Zao, Hindi, DM, Mino in the last weeks and I have to say is... unplayable.

 

The game is filled with the CVNTs and overmatch or "special" penetration BBs like Vermont, Thunderer, Shikishima, Yamato, Ohio, Slava, Musashi, Kremlin, Stalins and Petros.

 

The BBs stay 18-20 km away from everything, CVNTs spot for them and no matter what you do they will citpen you left, right and middle.

 

Congrats WeeGee. You finally pulled it off. This is it... Either you do something with it or there will be no reason to play. At all.

 

shot-20-12-14-19-51-25-0115.jpg

 

shot-20-12-13-15-17-17-0191.jpg

The main problem is CVs' endless spotting mechanics. There is no way to develop and apply a strat. when everything is lit up.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles

Last few cruiser games i had it was mostly like this:

- Sit back for up to 8 mins with almost no damage, and watch how BBs play 24km slugfest.

- Hope to get an opening where you can move up, when DDs and other Cruisers suicided before you.

- Start farming the camping pigs BBs

 

Then you get stats like these

image.thumb.png.65e6ea7ad17883bb4e66dc141e2f7f5b.png

:cap_fainting:


Better to join the BBaby side aswell

image.png.2be609b851170e7ea8aa36b045f2f054.png

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
6,436 posts
23,608 battles

Solution:

 

  • choose a T5 Cruiser...
  • pray for T4 CV battle
  • ???
  • winrar

I really don't understand why anybody goes into the slugfest that is called T10 with no valid need...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SOTE]
Beta Tester
219 posts
2,717 battles

CV planes should have smaller range, like 10-12km ? so, the CV would have to come closer and hide better or dunno.........I am getting sad by the CVs

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
6,436 posts
23,608 battles
14 minutes ago, DinkyDi said:

CV planes should have smaller range, like 10-12km ? so, the CV would have to come closer and hide better or dunno.........I am getting sad by the CVs

Exactly... and when we're on it, just remove their planes and just give them guns instead... like.. to make them proper ships...

 

 

 

:Smile_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,285 posts
22,207 battles

WG: "We are giving all heavy cruisers 30mm plating to reward angling better."

Also WG: "We are giving every new BB the ability to overmatch 30mm plating."

 

qvfpJVC.png

  • Cool 8
  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,267 posts
19,676 battles

Accept your just punishment for not using the Regrind Bureau (TM)  toys that WG so generously provided you with to sealclub repopulate the lower tiers.

 

image.thumb.png.1c1c6e9056480ac1b5e364e22269ecc7.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,041 posts
6,026 battles

the idea that t10 should be your goal or the best place in the game is literal hypocrisy.

sigma aim assist railguns spewing rounds at a targets waterline with absurd accuracy and shell velocity is the cause of this.

and where weegee to fix this the player response would be to cry about their l33t 5k1ll5 being taken away.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[R3B3L]
Players
1,505 posts
35,407 battles
1 hour ago, Humorpalanta said:

Playing Zao, Hindi, DM, Mino in the last weeks and I have to say is... unplayable.

In my last match with Hindi the red BBs were spread out over the entire flank, so no matter how i turned or positioned, there was always one with clear sight of my broadside.

Since this is not new I have equipped my Hindi with all rudder-upgrades i could find and try to dodge shells as much as possible.

Which worked fine till the end of the match where i still had 30k hp left.

Then bombers came and took my 30k in one strike.

...

Then someone looks at my stats and says "low survival-rate, gotta git gud dude" :cap_book:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
4,993 posts
21,590 battles

It's kinda sad, that if you want to have actual FUN playing something naval combat related, you're essentially forced to play ANYTHING but WoWS.

i.e.: Atlantic Fleet, Battlestations Atlantic/ Pacific, Warthunder (!), Navyfield, Naval Action, Azur Lane (!!!), Assassins Creed Odyssey (Black Flag, +,...).

 

Also, all available on steam and cheaper than santa crates. Added benefit: guaranteed NO Makarov! :Smile_trollface:

 

  • Funny 4
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
6,436 posts
23,608 battles
1 hour ago, SkollUlfr said:

the idea that t10 should be your goal or the best place in the game is literal hypocrisy

Y'know, it has something good for the rest of humanity...

sooner or later (though probably later...) all potatoes manage to die their way up to T10. And there they either

 

  • go broke, due to their abilities or rather the lack of any or
  • suddenly notice that they are potatoes and should go back to the lower tiers to learn more about how... to... pla... ah, whom do I want to fool, ey?
  • don't go broke and neither go down the Tier ladder again, but gladly lose their battles at T10... and don't take their nonexisting skill to the interesting tiers in the game...

Sooo... go to T10, my fluffies, and be glad that you reached the Endgametm of WoWs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BIF]
Players
564 posts
6,970 battles
5 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

It's kinda sad, that if you want to have actual FUN playing something naval combat related, you're essentially forced to play ANYTHING but WoWS.

i.e.: Atlantic Fleet, Battlestations Atlantic/ Pacific, Warthunder (!), Navyfield, Naval Action, Azur Lane (!!!), Assassins Creed Odyssey (Black Flag, +,...).

 

Also, all available on steam and cheaper than santa crates. Added benefit: guaranteed NO Makarov! :Smile_trollface:

 

Just bought AC: Odyssey 2 weeks ago on Steam, enjoying every moment of it.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,827 posts
12,831 battles
2 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

I really don't understand why anybody goes into the slugfest that is called T10 with no valid need...

Last topic I was told I could have gotten the LUs if I wanted to and played more TXs... Now you say this. What am I supposed to go? I ain't going to pay cash to these shtheads...

 

1 hour ago, VIadoCro said:

In my last match with Hindi the red BBs were spread out over the entire flank, so no matter how i turned or positioned, there was always one with clear sight of my broadside.

It doesn't matter if they got your broadside or not. That is the point. They will overmatch everything and go str8 to citadel...

 

Last Hindi game  I was angled to 2 of them and they chunked me down to 1K. Then Vermont in front joined and gone. The red little hit icon went to 3 entirely different ways and all of them scored citadels.

 

What is the point to play anymore? There is no logic. No thinking needed. Just buy the newest OP crap and click.

 

Also the enemy Haku just ripped off and blew up our CV completely alone by attacking it. CV itself, me in my Hindi, a Wooster and a Thunderer escorted the CV to help him survive and we still couldn't shoot down the mothafaking planes!!!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
2,309 posts
16,394 battles
23 minutes ago, K82J said:

Just bought AC: Odyssey 2 weeks ago on Steam, enjoying every moment of it.

 

It's a nice game, but the tomb sections are sadly wasted and repetitive, even more so because they just reuse the same assets over and over for them, so that was disappointing for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
6,436 posts
23,608 battles
21 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

Last topic I was told I could have gotten the LUs if I wanted to and played more TXs... Now you say this. What am I supposed to go? I ain't going to pay cash to these shtheads...

The only persons that I (!) would tell to play exclusively T10 are potatoes... best way to get rid of them... wouldn't never do that to any sensible normal player... :cap_cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NTT]
Players
2,085 posts
11,491 battles
3 ore fa, Humorpalanta ha scritto:

Okay I am getting a bit nervous...

 

I am a cruiser main. I know how to position, dodge, kite, set fires in cruisers or torp people as a surprise but I cannot take it anymore...

 

Playing Zao, Hindi, DM, Mino in the last weeks and I have to say is... unplayable.

 

The game is filled with the CVNTs and overmatch or "special" penetration BBs like Vermont, Thunderer, Shikishima, Yamato, Ohio, Slava, Musashi, Kremlin, Stalins and Petros.

 

The BBs stay 18-20 km away from everything, CVNTs spot for them and no matter what you do they will citpen you left, right and middle.

 

Congrats WeeGee. You finally pulled it off. This is it... Either you do something with it or there will be no reason to play. At all.

 

shot-20-12-14-19-51-25-0115.jpg

 

shot-20-12-13-15-17-17-0191.jpg

just play cvs!

Please note. Arquata2019 had to delete very bad stats because nobody has to see them. We're happy you can't see them.

and you never will.

look at cvs.

worshipse.png

look @Zuihou_Kai, my fancy writing is better than your fancy writing! (no really, i can't write with mouse, i wanted to challenge you)

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NTT]
Players
2,085 posts
11,491 battles
45 minuti fa, Jethro_Grey ha scritto:

i.e.: Atlantic Fleet, Battlestations Atlantic/ Pacific, Warthunder (!), Navyfield, Naval Action, Azur Lane (!!!), Assassins Creed Odyssey (Black Flag, +,...).

Battlestations atlantic was a project, but EIDOS (not my corporation) got closed, idk the right word in english that means it doesn't exist anymore.

you mean, battlestation midway or battlestation pacific, where carriers are actually balanced, i grew up with midway! (the game)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Players
402 posts
21,523 battles

BBS could always overmatch cruisers, it's part of the game, if BBS couldn't overmatch cruisers than no one would have played them (BBS), the biggest issue is you can't get into your position with a cv that keeps you spotted, especially the mvr, lightning speed planes and invisible fighters, at this point people got used to this passive and sniping game play they will not leave the spawn even if there's no cv in game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ROUGH]
Players
4,713 posts
13,654 battles
2 hours ago, arquata2019 said:

just play cvs!

Please note. Arquata2019 had to delete very bad stats because nobody has to see them. We're happy you can't see them.

and you never will.

look at cvs.

worshipse.png

look @Zuihou_Kai, my fancy writing is better than your fancy writing! (no really, i can't write with mouse, i wanted to challenge you)

yours certainly looks more readable

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,359 posts
20,903 battles
Vor 5 Stunden, SkollUlfr sagte:

the idea that t10 should be your goal or the best place in the game is literal hypocrisy.

Out of curiosity: is there also non-literal hypocrisy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×