Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aetius85

Can we have back the old "daily free bundle" interface?

Daily Free bundles location  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which option do you prefer?

• Old free bundles available on game startup
    • New free bundles in Armory

14 comments in this topic

[BATES]
Players
1,192 posts
15,272 battles

Is it only me or also you think the old way, with the page on game login, was better?

I am not talking about the fixed rewards instead of rng bundle (at the end if you login each day it's not important when you receive your gift), but about its moving to the armory. In this way lot of times I forget to claim the reward, with the previous one it was very difficult to miss it. Is it something voluntary/premeditated by WG in order to give less gifts?

• Cool 6

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles

Yes please, i hate going to the armory to collect "daily shipments" as they were called before.

I dunno why, but it always felt odd to me, that, even for small rewards, people have to enter codes or click themselves through articles and hit a button. As you said, it feels like that they dont want everyone to get those gifts :cap_hmm:

• Cool 5

[TACHA]
Players
1,210 posts
6 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

As you said, it feels like that they dont want everyone to get those gifts :cap_hmm:

I have a suspicion that this is bang on: the more hoops they make people jump through in order to get the bundles, the more players will miss/forget about/not bother with them. That way, things that they're happy to trumpet as free rewards from generous WG in all the press material actually get less and less taken up by the player base, which therefore becomes less accustomed to receiving free stuff and more likely to buy it instead, thus generating more sales down the line.

That theory is also the only way I've been able to make sense of their recently deciding that a 'control group' of players wouldn't receive any daily login bonuses at all a patch or two ago, the recent tendency towards making people complete mission chains for rewards they previously would have just received, and also that business with a bonus code being offered only to certain players and not others. If they can spin it to us that we're 'lucky' or 'privileged' to receive the kind of bonuses that historically they were happy to give out to everyone, it makes it easier for them to be stingy in future.

• Cool 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,827 posts
12,888 battles

They make you open the shop to make you more likely to buy...

Subliminal messaging.

Generals_Propaganda_Center.jpg

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
7,969 posts
16,841 battles

I prefer the old methodology too, apart from the aspect that @Klopirat mentions - being able to snag the freebies without logging into the game.

• Cool 1

[BATES]
Players
1,192 posts
15,272 battles
45 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I prefer the old methodology too, apart from the aspect that @Klopirat mentions - being able to snag the freebies without logging into the game.

That could be an interesting point of view..technically one does not exclude the other, tho

[R3B3L]
Players
1,505 posts
35,494 battles
5 hours ago, Aetius85 said:

Is it something voluntary/premeditated by WG in order to give less gifts?

In my opinion It is not about giving us less but rather making us checking Armory daily, as it was already the case in a previous event recently.

Goal; to make you used to click Armory regularly, get the habit to do it daily, see the nice shiny things there constantly - and one day you make your first purchase.

Just a small one.

And then the next one.

And some day you´ll blow 300 bucks at once on crates because it´s Christmas or whatever.

There is nothing wrong about gifting yourself with content you like, it´s just (financially) dangerous if you are not aware of the psychological tricks which are more and more common in a game which is officially "suited for children".

• Cool 3

[ROUGH]
Players
567 posts
20,894 battles

Personaly, I like the Armoury option as I can collect the goodies easily through the web browser Armoury interface, without having to start the game for every of my accounts.

Players
4,727 posts
13,738 battles
12 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Yes please, i hate going to the armory to collect "daily shipments" as they were called before.

I dunno why, but it always felt odd to me, that, even for small rewards, people have to enter codes or click themselves through articles and hit a button. As you said, it feels like that they dont want everyone to get those gifts :cap_hmm:

I didn't even know I can collect them there LOL

Hate to say it, especially as the most well known WG defender out here (besides Pete LOL) 

but WG you done fricked this one up!!! 

Players
2,987 posts
35,096 battles
44 minutes ago, Zuihou_Kai said:

(besides Pete LOL) 

He's been away from forum since Santagate started cuz he's been busy helping customer support. You should've done the same :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Players
4,727 posts
13,738 battles
1 minute ago, Execute0rder66 said:

He's been away from forum since Santagate started cuz he's been busy helping customer support. You should've done the same :Smile_trollface:

All I would do in customer support is harvest the last few tears the community still has to shed for me. 

• Funny 1

[BATES]
Players
1,192 posts
15,272 battles
8 hours ago, VIadoCro said:

In my opinion It is not about giving us less but rather making us checking Armory daily, as it was already the case in a previous event recently.

Goal; to make you used to click Armory regularly, get the habit to do it daily, see the nice shiny things there constantly - and one day you make your first purchase.

Just a small one.

And then the next one.

And some day you´ll blow 300 bucks at once on crates because it´s Christmas or whatever.

There is nothing wrong about gifting yourself with content you like, it´s just (financially) dangerous if you are not aware of the psychological tricks which are more and more common in a game which is officially "suited for children".

Yeah, I also thought this, effectively if you put in the armory you force people to go there and maybe buy something..annoying trick like spots in youtube/facebook videos.

Sign in to follow this