You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Boondigo

Prussia Commemorative Flag

38 comments in this topic

Players
27 posts
1,882 battles

Evening chaps.

Just a quick question really - I was looking through my captains logbook in the "flags" sections, and noticed towards the bottom of the page there was a Prussia Commemorative Flag.

Is there any way to get my hands on this?

As a historian and flag fanatic, I've always loved this flag, I think it would great on my German BBs as their second one.

PrussiaFlag.PNG.c659dca6678355a33cf75d2e4c76c7e1.PNG

Thanks in advance.

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,750 posts
24,955 battles

To get the flag you need to finish the Belle Epoque collection. Containers cost 1000 coal per box in the armory.

• Cool 3

Players
27 posts
1,882 battles
1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

To get the flag you need to finish the Belle Epoque collection. Containers cost 1000 coal per box in the armory.

Thank you very much good sir, I was dreading it being a promotional flag or something.

[TACHA]
Players
1,210 posts
12 minutes ago, Boondigo said:

Thank you very much good sir, I was dreading it being a promotional flag or something.

The collection gives you a Pickelhaube helmet for your insignia as well, if that's your thing...

• Funny 3

Players
8,579 posts
3 minutes ago, NobleSauvage said:

The collection gives you a Pickelhaube helmet for your insignia as well, if that's your thing...

Just what the Designer's Table is missing!

image.png.151a2c56285a2133f5a77e2965f49417.png

Though.. not sure what the Naval connection might be.. but let's not get too particular, shall we? :Smile_glasses:

• Funny 4

[TACHA]
Players
1,210 posts
1 minute ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Though.. not sure what the Naval connection might be.. but let's not get too particular, shall we? :Smile_glasses:

Two uses: for the first one, you turn it on its side and mount it on the prow to make an instant naval ram; two, you turn it upside down and use it to desperately try to bail out the High Seas Fleet circa 1919 ;)

• Funny 5

Beta Tester
3,760 posts
4,137 battles
21 hours ago, Boondigo said:

As a historian and flag fanatic, I've always loved this flag, I think it would great on my German BBs as their second one.

Spin-off question: How do you earn the right to mount a second flag on your German ships?

[BOATY]
Alpha Tester
3,457 posts
13,549 battles

Ah, flags. The most pointless part of the game. Apart from the apha flag for me that is. At least that does something apart from flapping totally inconspicuously throughout ever battle ever played in this game.

Players
27 posts
1,882 battles
5 hours ago, Shaka_D said:

Ah, flags. The most pointless part of the game. Apart from the apha flag for me that is. At least that does something apart from flapping totally inconspicuously throughout ever battle ever played in this game.

Moral boost and aesthetic tastes are enough to justify them for me.

Also, they're like go-faster racing stripes on your local 20 year olds Ford Focus:

Tragic.thumb.jpeg.aa0e3de4098c37264fae2adc40acbd02.jpeg

• Funny 3

[G-O-M]
Players
1,610 posts
11,992 battles
13 hours ago, Shaka_D said:

The most pointless part of the game. Apart from the apha flag for me that is.

I have the Alpha flag too so it's on almost every ship I have (just for the bonuses, ofc). Otherwise, I like having a second flag slot as I think a lot of these commemorative flags are nice looking. Some are, ofc, crap.

I could have & should have gotten the US MMC flag as it had the better bonuses but at the time I wasn't going to place it on non-US ships (nor would I, to this day).

WG dropped the ball with flags that could give bonuses. I mean, even a tiny bonus of 1% or 2% on many of these commemorative flags would induce more of them to get flown

• Cool 3

[CLADS]
Players
226 posts
5,714 battles

Flags are just too obscure, generally you only notice them when you are sunk and spectating other players while waiting for a match to end. When I sink some peasant, he should have it prominently displayed on his screen that I am awesome enough to fly Jolly Roger on my ship.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Beta Tester
3,760 posts
4,137 battles
1 hour ago, olmedreca said:

Flags are just too obscure, generally you only notice them when you are sunk and spectating other players while waiting for a match to end. When I sink some peasant, he should have it prominently displayed on his screen that I am awesome enough to fly Jolly Roger on my ship.

I have the rather neat-looking Closed Beta Tester flag hoisted on all my ships. The fact that my wife has informed me that 'CBT' is the internationally accepted acronym for 'C0ck and Ball Torture', may have something to do with this decision.

:fish_aqua:

• Funny 4

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,633 posts
13,957 battles
9 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

I have the rather neat-looking Closed Beta Tester flag hoisted on all my ships. The fact that my wife has informed me that 'CBT' is the internationally accepted acronym for '[edited] and Ball Torture', may have something to do with this decision.

:fish_aqua:

You do know about the stigma attached to that flag? :P

14 hours ago, Boondigo said:

Moral boost and aesthetic tastes are enough to justify them for me.

Also, they're like go-faster racing stripes on your local 20 year olds Ford Focus:

They've gone to plad - They've gone to plaid!

• Funny 3

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
6,392 posts
6,780 battles
On 12/15/2020 at 4:41 AM, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

You can plant the spike into the ground to use it as a field toilet.

Pretty sure that'd get you court martialled in the Prussian/pre ww1 German Army if you were caught doing that to your pickelhaube.

Should be noted, it's hardened leather, not metal, the helmet itself I mean.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
3,760 posts
4,137 battles
40 minutes ago, DasTongle said:

You do know about the stigma attached to that flag? :P

Sorry, but no, I don't. What stigma are you referring to?

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,633 posts
13,957 battles
33 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

Sorry, but no, I don't. What stigma are you referring to?

Honestly do not take this the wrong way, it is an observation made over many battles that people mounting that flag are particular bad.

Just as germans who say moin at the start of the match.

[NECRO]
Players
687 posts
48 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Pretty sure that'd get you court martialled in the Prussian/pre ww1 German Army if you were caught doing that to your pickelhaube.

Oh, I would not do that to my own helmet. I would do that to someone else's helmet. I would want to wear my helmet for longer than the standard interval between defecations.

• Funny 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
6,392 posts
6,780 battles
4 minutes ago, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

Oh, I would not do that to my own helmet. I would do that to someone else's helmet. I would want to wear my helmet for longer than the standard interval between defecations.

Oh that's evil. I approve.

[TACHA]
Players
1,210 posts
38 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Oh that's evil. I approve.

On a related note, the reason that British troops/people referred to the Germans as 'Jerries' during the wars was because of the supposed resemblance of their helmets to chamberpots, which were also called jerries (the name of jerry cans come from the same place as they were originally invented by the Germans). So the urge to piss in one has historical basis ;)

1 hour ago, lafeel said:

Should be noted, it's hardened leather, not metal, the helmet itself I mean.

True. The Germans didn't make metal helmets until later in the war albeit based on a similar design, when the spike got smaller as well (perhaps they were too worn out to overcompensate?).

• Cool 2

[TACHA]
Players
1,210 posts
7 minutes ago, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

They did not want to deal with an additional Asian front.

Never get involved with a landwar in Asia...

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,760 posts
4,137 battles
1 hour ago, DasTongle said:

Honestly do not take this the wrong way, it is an observation made over many battles that people mounting that flag are particular bad.

Good to know, thanks for telling me! :Smile_great:

I'm not sure I qualify as "particularly bad"; I rather tend to regard myself as being "barely competent". Exactly where that may place me on a larger scale is not something I have hitherto given much thought, and it is certainly nothing I have been anxious to display by way of my flag choice. I believe I shall continue flying the CBT flag, and let my actions show my mettle!

:Smile_Default:

• Cool 4