You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CptAngelofDeath

Kamikaze ability

30 comments in this topic

[ESOC]
Players
24 posts
3,963 battles

Japanese cv now have kamikaze 

when you begin shooting like torpedo rocket or bomber can activate also kamikaze ability

after fire torps rockets or bomb attacker 2 or 3 planes automaticly begin doing kamikaze  ofcourse he going where your aim and not %100 hit or less damage up to aiming 

after hit ship deals 2000 or 3000 extra damage and set ship fire x2 or 3 but up to where near hit zone  if this kamikaze are too op now? well players will think again before using kamikaze cuz if you use kamikaze this happen

killed plane with kamikaze game detect automaticly and give extra 1 or 2 minute more reflesh time until kamikaze plane dead count end means you suicide with 2 plane? well you have wait 2 minute to reflesh back to 1 plane  means 4 minute thats fair enough after planes refleshed reflesh time back to normal   makes japanese more strong cv 

pls send this message devs i want to see if good idea 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 10
  • Angry 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,801 posts
6,795 battles

For your information, this has been suggested numerous times, and the devs have shot it down repeatedly.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
2,979 posts
21,483 battles

Thankfully this is the one level of insanity WG have drawn the line at. Having such accurate devastation on par with a missile has often been suggested and rejected even by the most vocal CV fans.  

[ALYEN]
Players
3,185 posts
4,508 battles
40 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

For your information, this has been suggested numerous times, and the devs have shot it down repeatedly.

didn't we hear similar about submarines in the past ?

• Cool 1

Players
1,290 posts
6,925 battles
4 minutes ago, bobtherterrible said:

Kamikaze  -  no

Ramming - of course

To follow this logic, do we want to see kamikazes implemented as successfully as ramming is currently implemented in this game?

Beta Tester
3,747 posts
4,121 battles
1 hour ago, arttuperkunas said:

I suspect this is a sensitivity thing, i.e. they don't want a higher maturity rating and/or to upset people.

I would say it is definitely this. And I think Wargaming has made the correct choice here.

Kamikaze attacks, while historical in a WW2 setting, represent an act of desperation on a national level. They have inspired much controversy, and will continue to to so in a way that more ordinary naval battle tactics - i.e., gunfire, torpedoes and such - will not. World of Warships is not a simulation, but a light-hearted arcade game set against a backdrop of iconic naval battles. The arcade element is accentuated by not having ship crews represented in the game, and I see this as a very nice and elegant design choice. It widens the gap between what is essentially a community of gamers having a good time together, and the grim reality that is actual war. Introducing a kamikaze game mechanic would risk narrowing that gap, and I for one can see no reason to do that.

As for ships ramming each other, this was never - in the relevant era, at least - enacted on such a scale and in such a way as to inspire the kind of feelings that will be forever linked to acts of ritual suicide.* One ship ramming another is not the same thing as one person deliberately choosing death. Moreover, not having collision damage present as a game mechanic in World of Warships would be downright silly.

* Yes, I am aware of the fate of HMS Glowworm. Again, this not quite the same thing as a kamikaze attack. Whether or not the starboard turn that led to the Glowworm ramming the Admiral Hipper was deliberate or accidental - and this is a matter of ongoing debate - the British destroyer did not sail under orders to sink herself. The ram happened as a result of how the engagement developed.

• Cool 5

[RODS]
Players
2,170 posts
8,365 battles
3 hours ago, CptAngelofDeath said:

Japanese cv now have kamikaze 

Yeah, and why not some spies, they did a lot of devious stuff

Italians should have manned torpedoes, blow the enemy ships up in port

US can have 1000 bomber raids

And dont forget Le Resistance

[TACHA]
Players
1,210 posts
2 hours ago, Ronchabale said:

It would be hilarious pretty terrible if WG allowed people to sink other people's ships in port before the battle had even started, surely :Smile_trollface:

2 hours ago, Ronchabale said:

US can have 1000 bomber raids

That was the RAF, the USAAF didn't see the point in wasting those kind of resources against just the one target if I remember correctly. Then again towards the end of the war they did a pretty good job of the 1-bomber raid...

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
6,440 posts
23,608 battles
3 hours ago, Ronchabale said:

You mean, you chose a ship and enter the queue and get a message "Pls chose a different ship for battle, your current choice has been sunk in harbour"? Sounds cool... of course it should be limited to

• ships from nations that were the target of such attacks in reality... Like.. USA (= Pearl Harbour) and whatever nations the italians attacked...
  • it should only happen when an fitting enemy ship of appropriate tier is in the queue at that moment...

3 hours ago, Ronchabale said:

And dont forget Le Resistance

You mean You'll get a very crude haircut if you had sexual intercourse with a german?

And to the OP:

Ramming as done in the game - not a valid general naval MO after the age of Galleys, but still in the game, because WoT had it too (where it was as unrealistic...)

Kamikaze not in the game - even though historical in different forms, but it's inhuman and should not be glorified in any way... not even by putting as a valid option in a game

Kamikaze as OP wants it - never ever because it's just ox feces...

• Cool 1

[RODS]
Players
2,170 posts
8,365 battles
56 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

You mean, you chose a ship and enter the queue and get a message "Pls chose a different ship for battle, your current choice has been sunk in harbour"?

Yeah, something like that, or you get an armed fishing trawler instead of the BB, or maybe a 4 tiers lower ship, say u go for Montana and u get a New Mexico

Sounds cool... of course it should be limited to

• ships from nations that were the target of such attacks in reality... Like.. USA (= Pearl Harbour) and whatever nations the italians attacked...
  • it should only happen when an fitting enemy ship of appropriate tier is in the queue at that moment...

Britain had X-subs and heavily damaged the Tirpitz with limpet mines

Japan was playing around at Pearl Harbour with minisubs, one was salvaged a few years ago  

The Italians had manned torpedoes, the Maiale torpedo, they damaged HMS Queen Elizabeth and HMS Valiant (battleship) in Alexandria harbour, they look pretty nice 

Germany of course developed minisubs, improved versions of the Italian sort, they too managed to sink some ships 

You mean You'll get a very crude haircut if you had sexual intercourse with a german?

Le resistance has attacked - Half the ships crew murdered - main battery reload 2 minutes 

Beta Tester
6,440 posts
23,608 battles
17 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

Le resistance has attacked - Half the ships crew murdered - main battery reload 2 minutes 

Then again you'll also have to include RAF airstrikes against french ships in port, right? So they don't fall in german hands, right? Nothing personal France, nothing to do us being archenemies for a couple centuries.. right?

:cap_cool:

• Funny 2

[ESOC]
Players
24 posts
3,963 battles
18 saat önce, Procrastes dedi:

I would say it is definitely this. And I think Wargaming has made the correct choice here.

Kamikaze attacks, while historical in a WW2 setting, represent an act of desperation on a national level. They have inspired much controversy, and will continue to to so in a way that more ordinary naval battle tactics - i.e., gunfire, torpedoes and such - will not. World of Warships is not a simulation, but a light-hearted arcade game set against a backdrop of iconic naval battles. The arcade element is accentuated by not having ship crews represented in the game, and I see this as a very nice and elegant design choice. It widens the gap between what is essentially a community of gamers having a good time together, and the grim reality that is actual war. Introducing a kamikaze game mechanic would risk narrowing that gap, and I for one can see no reason to do that.

As for ships ramming each other, this was never - in the relevant era, at least - enacted on such a scale and in such a way as to inspire the kind of feelings that will be forever linked to acts of ritual suicide.* One ship ramming another is not the same thing as one person deliberately choosing death. Moreover, not having collision damage present as a game mechanic in World of Warships would be downright silly.

* Yes, I am aware of the fate of HMS Glowworm. Again, this not quite the same thing as a kamikaze attack. Whether or not the starboard turn that led to the Glowworm ramming the Admiral Hipper was deliberate or accidental - and this is a matter of ongoing debate - the British destroyer did not sail under orders to sink herself. The ram happened as a result of how the engagement developed.

i agree 

[ESOC]
Players
24 posts
3,963 battles
14.12.2020 saat 15:53'de, DFens_666 dedi:

CVs not OP enough?

in tier 8 and 10 58k hp planes down in 1 second from DD! i dont think so but in tier 6 very well 

Players
7,335 posts
11,668 battles
1 minute ago, CptAngelofDeath said:

in tier 8 and 10 58k hp planes down in 1 second from DD! i dont think so but in tier 6 very well 

Only if you have absolutly no clue how to play and are among the worst 5% of CV players.

• Cool 1

Players
8,564 posts
12 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Only if you have absolutly no clue how to play and are among the worst 5% of CV players.

I'm in the 1%! :Smile_Default:

• Funny 3

Players
2,588 posts
On 12/14/2020 at 2:54 PM, Uglesett said:

As much as stupid idea it is, they also shot down the idea of gun calibers bigger then 460, or submarines, so...

Players
2,588 posts
2 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

Oh come on! Just because he got... khem, khem... shafted... when various skills were handed over during creation of his Earth avatar, it doesn't mean there's justification for such a harsh comment. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Players
8,564 posts
7 minutes ago, Bear__Necessities said:

No. For the same reason we don't have people burning on deck or drowning in water. It's a PG game ffs. Think about it.

Yeah.. just think what kind of scenes:Smile_ohmy: you'd be getting every time someone sinks the Indianapolis...