You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
arquata2019

solo warrior achievement

43 comments in this topic

[NTT]
Players
2,086 posts
11,519 battles

Cvs are totally fine,

When i play halo MCC i have a thingy where i can see all medals/achievement and the percentual of people who got it.

so, my questions are 2: i want that in wows for all achievements and, speaking of the reason-i-opened-the-topic-on-the-wows-forum-eu-server, is, how hard and HOW can i get solo warrior?

[LEEUW]
Players
3,356 posts
11,187 battles

Ask @El2aZeR, I bet he is one of the players with the most solo warriors on EU.

But basically how to get solo warrior: play a cv, be really good at it, have a team that wants to lose really bad, carry harder than they can throw, profit. 

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,299 posts
22,239 battles

Eh, just 24.

d9FDhiC.png

What you basically need is a team that gets an early advantage but attempts to throw but not throw hard enough so that you cannot compensate. And ofc they all need to die in the process, allowing you to clutch out the round via points.

• Cool 6

[ONE2]
Players
3,151 posts
26,809 battles

I got solo warrior twice with a DD. But that was mostly due to sheer luck and no skill. We were leading in points when everyone else died, so all I had to do is to hide and survive. This is the hardest-to-achieve medal you will ever have. Worth getting tho. The third time I got it in Mogami and I have no idea how, but I survived !!!:cap_wander_2:

Other than that, just be damn lucky or go with @El2aZeR... :cap_like:

• Cool 1

Players
2,974 posts
21,426 battles

I only manage to get them in DDs and even then I only have 4 (but then I'm not very good at the game). It is usually dependant on having a poor team who will conveniently die but an also an enemy who have allowed you and or your team to dominate caps and build up a sufficent points lead to run down the clock. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,257 posts
14,310 battles

I think the best situation for solo warrior is a bad own team that still manages to secure all/ a lot of caps. Then your whole team dies, since enemy is better- but the enemy gets over confident, forgets about the cap & you can kill a few & prevent them from capping. 

Ive got a handful- 5 to 8 i think- in DDs and CVs mainly. 

Can be done by actually killing the 4 remaining enemies, but generally winning by points is the viable way of getting the achievement. 

Probably one of the rarest & hardest though, since it requires a lot of luck of how both teams play & some good work on your end (or insane luck, theoretically you can get it without doing anything at all)

• Cool 1

[VIBES]
Players
1,652 posts
24,624 battles

On a side note...

Personally the rarest awards for me are Liquidator (sink someone after dealing 40% of flooding damage) and Unsinkable (take that same amount, but survive).

I'm sure I could really go after Liquidators with high tier CVs, baiting the Damage Control consumable of a BB and then flooding her again, but I'm usually too busy doing something else. As a result, I have only 1, in the Hosho. Then again, I've only played CVs 8% of my games, mostly at T4-8.

Unsinkable awards aren't too difficult to get, I guess, but it took me only a few dozen games to develop an instinct to immediately dmgcon floods. To be fair, sometimes it's not necessary, and doing so might lead to more trouble later on. A flood is worse than a fire, especially since it slows you down as well, and floodings are often accompanied by loss of engine or steering. But if you put your mind to it, you can simply play BB, find a game when things are going well and you can afford to take some damage for nothing, and not repair floodings. Of course, if you eat 4 IJN torps you'll just sink in a Dev Strike, so I'm mostly talking about air-dropped torps.

Now for the actual question about Solo Warriors...

You need to be on a team that goes for the caps but then tries to "win harder", and almost loses on ships while being ahead on points. I have 5 such awards (out of 15k games):

- Shokaku: great game topped by 2 kills in the last 20s, enough to flip the score in our favor before the clock ran out. It's the first replay I ever posted on the website;

- Blyskawica: we took the caps, got beaten back, I ran away and only shot back enough to reset their capture progress a couple of times, as I was low on health and we were high on points;

- Shiratsuyu: same deal, really;

- Hosho: I sank 3 of the last 4 enemies (2 were very low, to be fair). It's an OP CV after all...

- Yugumo with TRB: I had a good game. There were no CVs, I got 3 solo caps (at least one while running away) and did over 100k dmg, including a blind Dev Strike on the Conqueror that was pursuing me.

Basically, you want to play either a strong CV, probably not a German one as those have trouble with DDs and cruisers (which in the late game will be more focused and will maneuver properly), or a stealthy DD in a game with no CVs.

I say this because these DDs and CVs make up only 30% of my games, but 100% of my Solo Warriors, so there's got to be something to them.

CVs are intrinsically favored, as they're often the last ships of the team to come under attack, if they position properly.

DDs can get the award, but they need to play defensively, instead they generally have the shortest life expectancy of any ship in the match. Saving a smoke and a speedboost for the lategame also helps.

Otherwise, if you want to go the "manly" route, you should try ships that can brawl, so things like secondaries, hydro, radar and torps, gun reload boost, as well as good frontal armor, all help. With these tools, you're more likely to squeeze in a couple of extra kills before running away to win on time or, more rarely, on points. Actually sinking all 4 remaining enemies is a tall order, and generally not how you get the achievement, unless maybe an enemy is afk.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
809 posts
3 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Eh, just 24.

d9FDhiC.png

What you basically need is a team that gets an early advantage but attempts to throw but not throw hard enough so that you cannot compensate. And ofc they all need to die in the process, allowing you to clutch out the round via points.

And the other team to be dumb enough that they forget to cap helps a lot too.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
1,747 posts
20,203 battles

Solo Warriors have become extremely rare since the CV rework, unless of course for CV players. They can get them easier since they are away from the battle anyway. The usual way is for a DD to make sure your team has the cap points ticking, even if the battle goes somewhat bad at the end. Usually it takes a team that does not throw too hard at the beginning but gets somewhat greedy at the end. If you have another player with a working brain cell left, he likely will disengage, realizing your team will win on points. So what it takes is that the last few players do not care about winning on points but are stubborn and will ignore chat asking them to "go dark, run and survive". They then will go move in against superior forces and get annihilated, leaving at least 4 enemy ships and you alive.

With the general presence of mind, it might seem surprising you don't get Solo Warrior more often. But as I said, since the CV rework it got harder. Lots of CVs in games and if you want to go dark and run, you often get spotted by planes and killed by incoming fire.

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
Players
4,179 posts
24,132 battles
1 hour ago, tocqueville8 said:

Personally the rarest awards for me are Liquidator (sink someone after dealing 40% of flooding damage) and Unsinkable (take that same amount, but survive).

^

This.

Since that stupid flooding change, the former is nearly impossible to get.

• Cool 7

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles

I have 3, just had to check the last one, dunno why i forgot about it^^

- Takao

was the first. I even had to kill one ship to get it, and just succeeded (was a Monarch). Then i won on points

- Missouri

Just had to run and survive so that points tick to 1000. Was rather close in the end if i recall correctly

- Monarch

1 year ago. Never got into the game really, team suicided, i was left vs 5 ships, because they wiped out the entire other flank + my team suicided. We had points lead and game finished in 20 minutes. Pretty much says what kinda campfest that game was, when neither got 1000 points and it went on for 20 minutes. I guess we would have, if my team wouldnt have suicided :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

Players
2,147 posts
16,474 battles

I have two, one on Kidd, the other on Fujin. Both cases were much like described above, we got an early advantage then everyone died. In the Kidd game the enemy team was actually trash talking me for "wasting time" and "running away" as they were convinced they won. Apparently looking at the time and points is too complicated for some to this day, but the "oh s**t" comment of one of the guys trash talking me when he realized what was going on 5 seconds before game end was priceless, at least :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

Players
7,335 posts
11,668 battles
7 hours ago, Skurfa said:

And the other team to be dumb enough that they forget to cap helps a lot too.

Exactly what happened in my Solo Warriors. With Donskoi I was kiting my flank alone, until I reached the last corner of the map. Then I had finally withered the enemys down, that were following me. I looked around and noiced: wow, your entire team has suicided. But atleast the got all caps.... wait a minute. We are already above 800 points... unless they move in right now - this is won!. And thats exacty what happened.

But yes, it took 2 stupid teams for that to happen. Our team suicided into the spawn campers for no reason and the redshad never heard about objectives. meh.

• Cool 2

[SVX]
Players
1,529 posts
18,278 battles
11 hours ago, arquata2019 said:

Cvs are totally fine,

When i play halo MCC i have a thingy where i can see all medals/achievement and the percentual of people who got it.

so, my questions are 2: i want that in wows for all achievements and, speaking of the reason-i-opened-the-topic-on-the-wows-forum-eu-server, is, how hard and HOW can i get solo warrior?

i mostly got mine in dds like said previously its when my team try to trough!

• Cool 1

[CZSL]
Players
135 posts
4,789 battles

I had my Solo in Tirpitz in Ranked... I left alone with point advantage and good amount of HP... I killed them one by one as they desperate try to cap middle double cap which I occupied ... :cap_haloween:

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,365 posts
20,937 battles

My favorite Solo Warrior was in a battle played at night. 4 vs 4.

After a short while it was 1 vs 4, then 1 vs 0.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[NTT]
Players
2,086 posts
11,519 battles
12 ore fa, El2aZeR ha scritto:

Eh, just 24.

d9FDhiC.png

ARE

YOU

F

KIDDING

ME

• Funny 2

[KAKE]
Players
2,801 posts
6,795 battles

I only have one.

Got it in Ryujo or Ranger, don't remember which.

So yeah, CVs are apparently the go-to method for evenmad-max-mediocre.thumb.jpg.bbafb189e1dce0a1ac89ad3fa3d2a53e.jpg

players to get Solo Warrior.

• Cool 1

Players
83 posts
14,003 battles

I have 2 from around 9.5k randoms.

Both in DDs I think. Pretty much as described by others - my team were ahead on points, reds pursued a "we'll kill them all" strategy and ignored the caps. Not much time left on the clock and I think around 5 reds left.

A real manly man would take them all on and show them who's boss of course, but I ran away into the corner wetting myself.

I was so proud that I bought an enamel Solo Warrior badge and I sometimes wear it to display my heroism and impress women. But mostly it sits beside my PC.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[NTT]
Players
2,086 posts
11,519 battles

i almost got one with hakuryu:

1v5, enemies had 3 caps and ~719 points, we had 725points and 3 seconds to go

they won.. a 1 point difference

[NTT]
Players
2,086 posts
11,519 battles
13 ore fa, El2aZeR ha scritto:

What you basically need is a team that gets an early advantage but attempts to throw but not throw hard enough so that you cannot compensate. And ofc they all need to die in the process, allowing you to clutch out the round via points

what can i do if the enemy cap?

Players
501 posts
5,709 battles

I have one and I think it was in the Diana against a load of new players when I first started this account, think it was like 1 v 6 or something and of course since none of them could play very well I won easily.

Bit sad that I've had nothing since.

Players
1,213 posts
10,114 battles

To this day I thought you have to kill the last four ships to get Solo Warrior. Still an impressive feat, but nowhere near as difficult as I thought, then. I have  none, obviously.