You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

Please remove SCs from daily drops...

56 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles

@MrConway

... or at least give us that option when we choose which type of container we want.

Today i spent a lot of time going for the daily three coal containers and then, a SC appeared, regardless of the prize, at the end of the day instead of three coal containers i only received two.

Thank you.

• Funny 15
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 31

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
19 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

:Smile_facepalm:

Yeap, totally my reaction after i played for almost 3 hours for the third container...

• Bad 1

Players
7,335 posts
11,668 battles
4 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

Yeap, totally my reaction after i played for almost 3 hours for the third container...

Should have played clan brawl. 10 mins, two wins, and all 3 containers roll in the port. Literally couldnt be easier.

[TACHA]
Players
1,210 posts

SCs come along rarely, and it's even rarer than that if the contents are actually as much use as the 400 coal I was hoping to get from the Resources container. Could the frustratingly disappointing results at least be minimised, so that they actually feel 'super' for a change? I realise that not every one can or should be a Premium ship, but there's a lot of potential results on the list that are better than another 50 ramming flags or whatever similar nonsense is usually dredged up.

As an aside, do SCs ever drop collection pieces like the other daily containers do? If not, couldn't that be added as an automatic extra perk so at least there's some compensation when we don't get the crate we actually wanted?

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
2,979 posts
21,487 battles

Even though super containers usually only contain paint or flags I very much doubt the majority of people would agree with them being made even harder to get, if put to a popular vote. 

Still given WGs desire to upset the community of late maybe the OP will get his wish. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles

I understand it may not be a popular thing to advocate, this is why i asked for the choice, when choosing the type of container.

if one wants a SC there's the try your luck containers .

But still, it could be an option when going for the other types.

Do you want A SC chance in the drop of a raw materials/signal/credits container.

Yes/No.

And you could choose accordingly  

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
53 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Should have played clan brawl. 10 mins, two wins, and all 3 containers roll in the port. Literally couldnt be easier.

No premium time.

• Boring 1

[THESO]
Players
1,747 posts
20,259 battles

I like the chance of getting a SC. Not getting the coal from the chosen ressources container is only an issue, if you e.g. need the coal to buy a ship that is about to be removed from the game. But that should hardly ever happen. I mean the odds are very low.

What Wargaming might consider, if that is not deemed too greedy, is giving the player the ressource container and a SC on top of that. The odds of getting a SC are so low, iirc 1.5%. So you get one once every 2 months, given you play a lot and get all three containers every day. If you would still get that ressource container on top, that would not change the ingame economy. You'd be getting one extra ressource container every 2 months. That's not gonna make you rich or Wargaming poor, as we say around here.

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Players
4,183 posts
24,190 battles
4 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

:cap_wander:

• Funny 4

[SHAD]
Players
4,661 posts
17,556 battles

I’ve got ridiculous amounts of cost so I’ve been trying ‘try your luck’ containers.

Last week I received 15k coal on one and 1.5k steel in another.

[JRM]
Players
8,955 posts
5 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

@MrConway

... or at least give us that option when we choose which type of container we want.

Today i spent a lot of time going for the daily three coal containers and then, a SC appeared, regardless of the prize, at the end of the day instead of three coal containers i only received two.

Thank you.

Emm no, SC is more valuable and rare drop then the coal box, even when full of coal bags as SC can drop many things you can only get in a SC, not often but still "not often" is still inf. more then "never"

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
2 hours ago, gopher31 said:

I’ve got ridiculous amounts of cost so I’ve been trying ‘try your luck’ containers.

Last week I received 15k coal on one and 1.5k steel in another.

For almost 2 years i did that, it's not worth it, for each 15 k coal you can get, you could receive at least 40 k coal in same  amount of time .

2 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Emm no, SC is more valuable and rare drop then the coal box, even when full of coal bags as SC can drop many things you can only get in a SC, not often but still "not often" is still inf. more then "never"

yeah, but you get mostly junk with try your luck containers.

3 hours ago, lup3s said:

:cap_wander:

shot-20_12.13_21_10.02-0173.thumb.jpg.34089b865db88369453446e53caf0830.jpg

shot-20_12.13_20_17.09-0390.thumb.jpg.bddb904fad93300c4d723ebf6eea2250.jpg

shot-20_12.13_13_24.11-0215.thumb.jpg.12c91ae4d71212c0071ae347bf27cb75.jpg

shot-20_12.13_13_24.16-0023.thumb.jpg.7e202e5e6fe5d614caf476f785cffd5c.jpg

Just a few examples of yesterday, even at my best examples, at the moment no premium time

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,633 posts
13,957 battles
7 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

First of all 3 hours for 37k XP? What the [edited]... git gud.

Second of no thanks do not remove Super Containers.

• Boring 1

Players
2,983 posts
35,086 battles

My Comments;

The daily container set ups are not exciting. Keeping in mind that these containers are given to the players as incentives to make them play the game daily, they are far from being enough incentive and stand rather at the very stingy side.

We get below daily containers if we play roughly around 5-10 games depending on the game results;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Credits

Three items:

1. 50,000 Credits Credits.
  2. 50,000 Credits Credits, 3x standard signals, or 400 Coal Coal.
  3. 50,000 Credits Credits, 3x standard signals, 2x Type 5 camouflages, or 500 Free XP Free XP (FXP).

More Signals and Camouflages

Three items:

1. 4x standard signals.
  2. 4x standard signals, 5x Type 1 or 2 camouflages, 2x Type 5 camouflages, 500 FXP Free XP, or 400 Coal Coal.
  3. The same possibilities as the second item.

More Resources

Three items.

1. 400 Coal Coal
  2. 400 Coal Coal, 500 FXP Free XP, or 3x Equal Speed Charlie London +50% XP earned for the battle. signals.
  3. 400 Coal Coal, 500 FXP Free XP, or 3x signals (Hotel Yankee -20% to damage received when ramming the enemy. / +50% to damage dealt when ramming the enemy., November Foxtrot -5% reload time on all consumables., Juliet Charlie -100% to the risk of your ship's magazine detonating., Zulu +20% credits earned for the battle., Zulu Hotel +50% Commander XP earned for the battle., or Papa Papa +300% Free XP earned for the battle.).

Try Your Luck

Each daily container has a chance to become a Super Container when manually collected. The Try Your Luck (TYL) option is twice as likely to produce a Super Container. If one is not produced the award is one of the following:

• 4x non-special signals (most common)
  • 2x Type 5 camouflages
  • 2x consumable camouflages (not Type 1, 2, or 5)
  • 750 Free XP Free XP
  • 75,000 Credits Credits
  • 900 Coal Coal

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Comments;

I doubt the majority of players choose More Credits containers as 50,000 credit is so underwhelming. WG can either make this container reward more attractive by increasing the silver amount or add 400 coal to each items -1,2&3 or by merging More Credits with More Signals and Camouflages containers.

More Signals and Camouflages containers may be more popular over More Credits containers but I think most of us choose between More Resources and Try Your Luck containers. 

The amount of items in More Resources  containers can be increased. I.e. 500 coal instead of 400, 750 FXP instead of 500 and better signals instead of least useful, cheapest signals.

Try Your Luck containers are mostly preferred by players who already posses huge amount of silver credits, FXP, coal, etc. which can drop a Super Container.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super Containers

Super Containers hold much more valuable rewards than standard containers. Every collected daily container has a small chance (~1.5%) to become a Super Container. Super Containers are occasionally awarded directly. Possible contents include:[4]

• 100x standard signals;
  • 50x camouflages;
  • 25x, 50x, or 100x special signals;
  • 1,000, 2,500, or 5,000 Doubloons Doubloons;
  • 50,000 or 100,000 Free XP Free XP;
  • 7, 14, or 30 days Premium account Premium time;
  • 15,000 Coal Coal;
  • 1,500 Steel Steel;
  • A premium ship, with a 10 point commander and a port slot,

The more valuable the item (e.g. premium ship), the less likely it is to occur. The same rule applies for the amount: 1,000 Doubloons is received more often than 2,500 Doubloons, 25x than 100x special signals, etc.

My Comments;

Since SCs are rare containers with low probability of getting one, their rewards should pay off. I know some players sometimes get multiple SCs in a month time while some others don't get any in a year although those who get 2 SCs in a month time are more likely not to get any SC the following month. Hence, the SCs rewards should really reflect the quality of a true SC.

I can elaborate it;

1) 100xstandard signals could be some useful signals such as guaranteed 100xVictor Lima, India X-Ray, X-Ray Papa Unaone, Sierra Bravo or India Delta instead of the current ones.

2) 50xCamouflages can be guaranteed Special Camouflages OR 100x instead of 50x and Mars, FTW, Victory Salute, This is your day commander, Type-59, Gamescom Blue, etc. instead of camos with low  effects.

3) 25x, 50x  or 100x Special Signals. Okay now, WG must decide which one to give as a SC drop. Obviously a Super Container drop would be nice if it had 100x Special Signals. Not 25,x not 50x. 

How can 25 and 100 be equal drops or how can they both be called Super Containers? If a SC drops 100 signals, what is it called when it drops 25 signals...Quarter Super Container? or 50x drops, Half/Semi Super Container? -Looks like a Super Container but it's actually an Oil Can? -A Super Container, Yay!!! Oh damn, this is the Fake one with 25 signals? 

4) 1000, 2500 and 5000 Doubloons. Exactly same as above.

5) 50000 or 100,000 FXP. Which one is Super Container? If 50,000FXP is a Super Container (SC), then 100,000FXP is a Double Super Container (DCS), Fat Super Container (FSC), Deluxe Super Container? or if 100,000FXP is a Super Container (SC) then 50,000FXP is a Half Super container (HSC), Robbed Super Container (RSC), A Honda that looks like a Mercedes or a Ferrari with Hyundai engine?

6. 7,14 or 30 Days Premium Days. Exactly same inconsistency and inaccuracy.

7. 15,000 Coal.  Too small of an amount for a Super Container drop. Imagine a player who will get one, two SCs every six months or a year. If at least one or the only SC drops them a Coal Reward, it should worth it. How about 30K Coal, 40 or 50K Coal?

8. 1,500 Steel. Exactly same logic as above. Should be around 3000-5000 parameters.

9. A premium ship is made extremely difficult to drop in the first place, hence i won't even get into drop details. It is just ridiculous.

As can be clearly seen, The  Super Container drops are chosen carefully in a very stingy manner. Not only the SC drop rate is low but also the reward amounts are low,  far from being satisfactory, and even fake reward amounts exist within the same reward category (pls see items 3, 4, 5 and 6). I'd rather like to call them Super Stingy Containers (SSC) until (if) they ever get fixed.

Thanks for reading.

• Cool 5

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,594 posts
4 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Thanks for reading.

Players are being rewarded way too much already imo. If anything, WG needs to lower the rewards of many missions and battle types.

• Boring 3

Players
2,983 posts
35,086 battles
Just now, SV_Kompresor said:

Players are being rewarded way too much already imo. If anything, WG needs to lower the rewards of many missions and battle types.

If you mean the daily container drops are too much or already too rewarding, can you elaborate it more?

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,072 posts
20,602 battles
8 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

Wow 3 hours, just for the 3rd container..... Oh boy you must really suck at this game....

• Boring 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,594 posts
5 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

If you mean the daily container drops are too much or already too rewarding, can you elaborate it more?

Not the containers specifically (not yet anyway), but if they get buffed, they could become part of the problem too.

Players
2,983 posts
35,086 battles
5 minutes ago, SV_Kompresor said:

Not the containers specifically (not yet anyway), but if they get buffed, they could become part of the problem too.

I did not analyze overall events and daily grinds along with the containers, hence can't really comment whether altogether they offer an excessive amount of rewards or not. My comments are for the daily containers specifically and there are inconsistencies within the items which still could be fixed (i.e. SCs).

• Cool 1