Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
woppy101

Something weird going on with my guns

18 comments in this topic

[SPURD]
Beta Tester
593 posts
9,920 battles

It happened to me yesterday but I thought it was a glitch, but it has happened in my first game this morning, there is something weird going on with my guns, in three matches now my guns wouldn’t fire as if they were still moving to target, but we’re not moving and greyed out as if they don’t have the angle to shoot even though the target was right in front of me, has anyone else suffered something similar?

• Cool 2

Players
5,261 posts

Its a known bug that happens once in a while (even to streamers).

I had a weird one not long ago.

My email client (Mailbird) was causing (still is) keyboard and mouse input lag.

Tested in notepad ... If I pressed and held a key, the input was not smooth.

So I reported the bug to Mailbird and I made sure the client isn't running when I play games.

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles

Yesterday it happened to me, that i wanted to shoot my 2 frontguns. One fired, the other didnt. Even attempting to shoot for several seconds while having a green marker, the 2nd turret would not fire at all... no lag or anything, as i could launch torps in the time being :cap_fainting:

Players
8,574 posts
39 minutes ago, woppy101 said:

My ping is fine, 28-35ms, I’m glad it’s not just me that it’s happening to

It's not, I mostly noticed this with torpedoes not launching when you press the button.

[NTT]
Beta Tester
54 posts
8,547 battles
4 hours ago, woppy101 said:

It happened to me yesterday but I thought it was a glitch, but it has happened in my first game this morning, there is something weird going on with my guns, in three matches now my guns wouldn’t fire as if they were still moving to target, but we’re not moving and greyed out as if they don’t have the angle to shoot even though the target was right in front of me, has anyone else suffered something similar?

Happens to me from time to time, usually when one of the guns is not loaded. I just have to wait for the loading one to finish to be able to fire with all guns.

[LADA]
[LADA]
Players
891 posts
9,922 battles

Suspect it is a follow on to the the ever present desync issue. With instant yes/no control inputs like firing it is probably highlighting the issue more so than movement commands which you might not notice.

Admittedly its a bug that has been around a while but seems to becoming more common - totally irrespective of your ping or packet loss in many cases.

Players
105 posts
858 battles

I had such problems too, yesterday. I also saw ships jitter around, so I assume it must have been my ping.

I have a decent internet connection, I sit in Central to Western Europe (the South of Germany) and I never had ping problems in any online game.

I also suspect that phenomenon ruined most of my games yesterday. I had really weird, super frustrating stuff happening to me, where I shot super inviting broadsides at enemy ships that should have deleted them, but only got like 1 or 2 bounces as a result. If it was my ping and those ships actually were not where the game showed them to be to me, that would explain that horrible nonsense.

The whole evening was garbage, but there was one especially frustrating battle, where I was playing the Nagato and there were 2 Nelsons just derping around broadside in front of me basically the whole battle and I could not punish them, even though my salvos seemingly slammed right into them over and over, but with basically no results, except for the odd over-penetration here or there. 

I should have deleted both of them, but I ended the game doing measly 39 000 damage, or something pathetic like that.

You know when you have one of those "futility" nightmares, where maybe a spider is crawling around in your bedroom and you keep hitting it with a newspaper, but you can't kill it and it comes crawling nearer and nearer? That was what those battles felt like.

Another such annoying thing was that seemingly my Hydro Search didn't work.

I activated it when I was like 4 km away from a DD in a Smoke Screen and nothing happened and I kept driving towards the DD and only detected him when I was at auto detection range, even though I could still hear the sounds Hydro makes.

I'm really sick of crap like that ruining my battles and then people insulting me in chat or here in this forum because I am such a "bad player".

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
898 posts

I've just had a series of games where turrets are glitching - pointing in the wrong direction, or even separating from parts of the model (liferafts, AA guns on the turrets) and rotating in a different direction.

I've also had really bad aiming lock issues - where the aimed salvo falls short, or snaps to some invisible feature.

It looks to me like there is some serious server dysnch going on.

Beta Tester
6,443 posts
23,608 battles
On 12/13/2020 at 12:34 PM, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

I keep meeting people in random mode who start the game pink, THAT is kind of weird. Do penalties no longer prevent you from playing PvP?

Uhm... afaik getting restricted to CoOp is only for people who not manage get through the "You're pink for x battles - don't be nasty again during this time or you'll see what happens..." phase without causing more team damage.

And the reason for so many people marked pink playing CoOp is, that it is easier to not damage teammates in this easier game mode :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles
On 12/13/2020 at 12:34 PM, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

I keep meeting people in random mode who start the game pink, THAT is kind of weird. Do penalties no longer prevent you from playing PvP?

Pink is not a penalty, it's a warning. You only get relegated to Co-op once you become orange and that takes an extra bit of work :Smile_teethhappy:

Pink just gives you a nice color and, affects the way team damage is distributed between you and your "target", although I'm not 100% sure about the specifics (might be a 100% reflection but I'm not sure).

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this