You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HawaiianCook777

Avast Ye- Bring back all Premium ships and have a 2020 Christmas Sale!

32 comments in this topic

Players
16 posts
9,240 battles

Ok, so I am not a marketing major, and it seems that again WG has got us (not all) into buying SANTA GIFT CONTAINERS, which has lead to forums like Santa Gate.  So, I was wondering why WG has not done a Christmas sale on all premium ships (including rare ones).  I would imagine that their coffers would be over filling from Whalers and the like, as they would be exuberant (over the moon) to get those all so rare ships that seems to be just out of reach.  "There she blows"

So, remove the "Grog" and instead of a new ship in dry dock, Santa containers, etc.  Just sail out all the premium ships (including the rare ones) and put them on sale.  

So what do you say?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
3,184 posts
15,699 battles
4 minutes ago, HawaiianCook777 said:

Ok, so I am not a marketing major, and it seems that again WG has got us (not all) into buying SANTA GIFT CONTAINERS, which has lead to forums like Santa Gate.  So, I was wondering why WG has not done a Christmas sale on all premium ships (including rare ones).  I would imagine that their coffers would be over filling from Whalers and the like, as they would be exuberant (over the moon) to get those all so rare ships that seems to be just out of reach.  "There she blows"

So, remove the "Grog" and instead of a new ship in dry dock, Santa containers, etc.  Just sail out all the premium ships (including the rare ones) and put them on sale.  

So what do you say?

some of the ships are rare because they got removed for being considered over-powered, so it's probably not a good idea to bring them back and flood games with them (plus as i have most of them i don't want to see hundreds of them in-game:Smile-_tongue: people need to accept that they can't have everything and they might have missed out on something).

• Cool 3

[CAIN]
Players
4,995 posts
21,590 battles

OP should have bought the Makarov when itr was on sale first time around. Now you have to buy loot crates and gamble...

• Funny 8

Beta Tester
950 posts
3,535 battles
1 hour ago, HawaiianCook777 said:

So what do you say?

No , But i think WG should admit their wrong a sorry would be a start ., I didn't buy any crates but as a gesture of good will instead of roll back peoples accounts they should compensate them for being [edited]-hats especially in a crap year like this year has been.

[KAKE]
Players
2,801 posts
6,795 battles

Aren't you a bit late for talk like a pirate day?

• Funny 4

Beta Tester
36 posts
3,032 battles
2 hours ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Current crate trick is more profitable.

Like?

Players
3,295 posts
24,966 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, Execute0rder66 sagte:

Current crate trick is more profitable.

People may scoff at that but I personally know several players who spent several hundred Euros at least, in multiple years, because they wanted a Belfast so badly, or or some other ship from the poison box.

And were it not for the CV rework, odds are very good I would currently be doing it again.

I seem to recall Claus Kellerman quoting an estimate they sold some two or five million Xmas containers a year in World of Tanks. No idea where he got it from and it must be a lot less in WoWs because of the smaller player base alone, but those are the dimensions WG is operating in.

• Cool 1

Players
642 posts
18,320 battles
Vor 10 Stunden, Salentine sagte:

some of the ships are rare because they got removed for being considered over-powered, so it's probably not a good idea to bring them back and flood games with them (plus as i have most of them i don't want to see hundreds of them in-game:Smile-_tongue: people need to accept that they can't have everything and they might have missed out on something).

The solution to that is to balance those ships. Whether or not a ships is available for sale doesn't have any impact on the outcome when you meet one in battle.

• Cool 1

Players
599 posts
25,599 battles
9 hours ago, MacFergus said:

especially in a crap year like this year has been.

I agree that it has been a crap year, but for some companies, the lockdowns have been great e.g. gaming companies have done well due to us being in the hoose a lot.......for that reason they will carry on milking us, as any good capitalist company would do in times of good demand, I know I would....lol. :Smile_sceptic:

Players
3,184 posts
15,699 battles
7 hours ago, 300ConfirmedKills said:

The solution to that is to balance those ships. Whether or not a ships is available for sale doesn't have any impact on the outcome when you meet one in battle.

not going to happen, they don't alter premiums directly, or they have to offer refunds like the super pershing in WoT

Beta Tester
950 posts
3,535 battles
5 hours ago, Salentine said:

not going to happen, they don't alter premiums directly, or they have to offer refunds like the super pershing in WoT

but they nerf mechanics which effect how the ships play so why not?.

[BHSFL]
Players
1,013 posts
11 minutes ago, doerhoff_damian said:

Just Imagine if they start selling Smolensk again.

Smolensk was never sold, it was a T10 Coal ship.

Players
3,184 posts
15,699 battles
1 hour ago, MacFergus said:

but they nerf mechanics which effect how the ships play so why not?.

yes they nerf the mechanics, ie it affects all destroyers not only the prem, so how would that effect the balance of the OP ship? it wouldn't it would still be OP compared to other DD's, so you still have the same problem, and as i said they won't nerf a premium directly or they have to offer a refund.

[SURFA]
Players
154 posts
10,126 battles

Besides why offer Belfast for 40-50 quid when can get someone to whale on containers trying to get it.  

Players
642 posts
18,320 battles
Vor 11 Stunden, Salentine sagte:

They do alter premiums directly. It is frequently documented in patch notes. WG describes themselves as operating a 'free to win' model, which implies that all ships of the same tier and type must be approximately equally useful in battle. There's no reason why any change to intended maintain that relationship should entitle customers to refunds, because that is exactly what they should have expected of their purchase.

Vor 4 Stunden, Salentine sagte:

yes they nerf the mechanics, ie it affects all destroyers not only the prem, so how would that effect the balance of the OP ship? it wouldn't it would still be OP compared to other DD's, so you still have the same problem, and as i said they won't nerf a premium directly or they have to offer a refund.

It's quite simple. Some ships rely on certain mechanics more than others. If, for example, there was a 'mechanics change' that made it so that any ship using radar while sitting in her own smoke could only see ships spotted by her own radar, such a change would have absolutely no effect on the vast majority of ships, but a significant effect on a few premium ships. In this way, balancing changes can be targeted with some precision. This 'mechanics' nonsense is absolutely transparent to anyone with a few dozen brain cells to rub together. WG should drop this charade and explicitly state that they have the right - and more importantly: the duty - to properly balance all ships.

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,072 posts
20,602 battles
5 minutes ago, 300ConfirmedKills said:

They do alter premiums directly. It is frequently documented in patch notes. WG describes themselves as operating a 'free to win' model, which implies that all ships of the same tier and type must be approximately equally useful in battle. There's no reason why any change to intended maintain that relationship should entitle customers to refunds, because that is exactly what they should have expected of their purchase.

It's quite simple. Some ships rely on certain mechanics more than others. If, for example, there was a 'mechanics change' that made it so that any ship using radar while sitting in her own smoke could only see ships spotted by her own radar, such a change would have absolutely no effect on the vast majority of ships, but a significant effect on a few premium ships. In this way, balancing changes can be targeted with some precision. This 'mechanics' nonsense is absolutely transparent to anyone with a few dozen brain cells to rub together. WG should drop this charade and explicitly state that they have the right - and more importantly: the duty - to properly balance all ships.

Surely you've been around here long enough to know the reasons why NOT to each of your suggestions.....

The sheer levels of Jealousy and Self Entitlement among 'newer' members of the community, who were not here when various events/sales were on is EPIC.... You missed it, now either spend big on containers,  or go without... the choice is yours!

Course if you spend big then you are a) stupid and b) a candidate for a bridge I have to sell (cheap mind)

Players
3,184 posts
15,699 battles
2 hours ago, 300ConfirmedKills said:

ok then, show some examples of direct nerfs to premium ships after they have been sold to the public for real money (they can buff a premium, because which owners would complain about that) whilst your argument for indirect nerfs is exactly what i said to begin with, and there hasn't been a nerf for a radar ship sitting in it's own smoke vs any ship sitting in a dd's smoke, so why quote that as an example as it won't happen?

[BABBY]
Players
828 posts
12,476 battles
8 hours ago, WWDragon said:

Smolensk was never sold, it was a T10 Coal ship.

Who said it's gonna return as one? Type 59 and Defender were also never supposed to return.

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,072 posts
20,602 battles
50 minutes ago, BlackYeti said:

Who said it's gonna return as one? Type 59 and Defender were also never supposed to return.

Because it is much too common in peoples ports, it came at a time when there had not been an exciting coal ship in quite a while, so there was a glut of coal sitting gathering dust. 

It did its' job, it removed that coal mountain. Then they realised that releasing Smolly, directly after Kita/Harekaze, was a bad idea, due to the ridiculous damage output of those 3 ships... I mean the three of those CAUSED the IFHE rework just by existing...

[BABBY]
Players
828 posts
12,476 battles
1 hour ago, cherry2blost said:

Because it is much too common in peoples ports, it came at a time when there had not been an exciting coal ship in quite a while, so there was a glut of coal sitting gathering dust. 

It did its' job, it removed that coal mountain. Then they realised that releasing Smolly, directly after Kita/Harekaze, was a bad idea, due to the ridiculous damage output of those 3 ships... I mean the three of those CAUSED the IFHE rework just by existing...

I meant, who's saying it's going to return as a COAL ship (if it returns), referring to the quote in my post.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,564 posts
32,422 battles
4 hours ago, cherry2blost said:

Then they realised that releasing Smolly, directly after Kita/Harekaze, was a bad idea, due to the ridiculous damage output of those 3 ships... I mean the three of those CAUSED the IFHE rework just by existing...

Neither of those 3 ships caused IFHE rework. Kita and Haru can pen 32mm armour with IFHE, before and after IFHE rework and Smolensk HE pen was far less problem than 6inch guns.