You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cyclops_

Santa Crate Changes

16 comments in this topic

[OGHF]
Players
1,634 posts
27,123 battles

I noticed they have put up news about Santa Crates availability, since the out cry have they changed the crates in any way I.E., what they drop has or has not changed etc, just wondering?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[NTT]
Players
2,086 posts
11,519 battles
2 minuti fa, Cyclops_ ha scritto:

I noticed they have put up news about Santa Crates availability, since the out cry have they changed the crates in any way I.E., what they drop has or has not changed etc, just wondering?

idk, i think that if it works why change it? XD

• Funny 2

[CAIN]
Players
4,994 posts
21,590 battles
7 hours ago, Cyclops_ said:

No.

The fact that WG offered one-time refunds and issued a half-apology and did NOT  post it on the portal and launcher, clearly tells, that no steps to change lootboxes have been taken.

They hope, everybody will shut up after the refund and trust that the majority of their whaling base, does not read forums or reddit and keeps spending money.

• Cool 8

[ALONE]
Players
38 posts
6,674 battles
2 hours ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

The only thing that can bring about change for the better is organised player protest.

It will not occur unless we organise it.

And we cannot use WG platforms like this forum or the official reddit to organise it.

https://discord.gg/f7KPxPcN

Fully agree that player protest is vital, but it is worth noting that the subreddit is not official or WG-controlled in any relevant way. If it was, the original shortlist post would probably have been shut down - not pinned.

[BMD]
[BMD]
Players
972 posts
20,233 battles
52 minutes ago, CaptainObvious007 said:

*yawn* this "outcry" is getting a bit boring . Player protest all you want, but go do it somewhere quietly ;) 

Or you can go somewhere else and *yawn* because we have all the right to protest. And if you cant take it that we protest that is your problem not ours.

• Funny 1

Players
3,281 posts
24,910 battles
Vor 8 Stunden, MarshalHaig sagte:

the subreddit is not official or WG-controlled in any relevant way.

Pffff... if anything, they maybe pulled back a little, possibly due to that stink created a few months ago when Flamu complained about being shadow-banned by their lap dogs.

Players
8,087 posts
245 battles
7 hours ago, CaptainObvious007 said:

*yawn* this "outcry" is getting a bit boring . Player protest all you want, but go do it somewhere quietly ;) 

Unlike you some people actually have standards. Shocking isnt it?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[NECRO]
Players
687 posts
21 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

And it's not that Mr. "I don't care about others" is somehow compelled to read threads with titles suggesting complaints...

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,576 posts
20 hours ago, Cyclops_ said:

I am not sure to be Honest.

But I do remember someone saying that Santa Crates have actually not been Changed before either.

Its simply that in the Past they actually Posted the Shortlist into the Ship List of the Santa Containers and thus Nobody could Complain.

While this Year they removed that List because they tought it was Unecessary which then Resulted in People feeling Cheated because they tought it was Random without Shortlist.

Thats just Hearsay tough.

For any Accurate Info I fear you.ll have to ask WG or the Guys on Reddit that Found out about this Stuff.

As for the Original Question.

No. Nothing has been Changed on the Containers.

WG said they want to do Better Next Year and have Offered a General Refund for anyone who Purchased Crates. (Still Valid till Saturday Evening)

But as to what they plan to do next Year they havnt said. And they have not Announced any Changes to the Shortlist.

Players
5,259 posts
12 hours ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

The only thing that can bring about change for the better is organised player protest.

It will not occur unless we organise it.

And we cannot use WG platforms like this forum or the official reddit to organise it.

https://discord.gg/f7KPxPcN

Lithe the "CV protest" discord was so effective :D

WG doesn't give a crap.

They would say ... if you don't like it leave. We will fill your slots with new players that don't whine as much (and spend more cash).

Its their game and its F2P. They have absolutely zero obligation to the players....

Players
153 posts
20,486 battles
2 hours ago, CptBarney said:

If you actually had "standards" you would get worked up over actual issues like poverty, inequality, climate change, distribution of wealth, lack of education, conflicts and wars -just to name a few- ; Instead you choose to pour your energy on getting your panties in a twist over a game.
You do have a choice to play it or not, spend any money on it or not ( and even get a refund if you regret buying these boxes). Do not like it, then uninstall and go waste your time on something else meaningless like another game.
These Christmas loot boxes have been operating this way since years. And although it defiantly is a grey area, and they should have been more clear on the chances to get which ships I am totally fine with them making money, as it is the sole purpose what they created the game for.
Now please go and redirect this anger into something worthwhile to get upset over.

• Boring 1

Players
3,281 posts
24,910 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, nambr9 sagte:

Lithe the "CV protest" discord was so effective :D

They were naive and predictably handed WG an easy win.

But everybody always said it was completely impossible to get lots of clans to unite in protest. And then it happened.

I think it is possible to build on that, and I think it is the only thing going on at this time that a protest organisation can be built on. It's either that or build a completely new organisation, which would be a lot more difficult and also prone to repeat some of the mistakes that the CB boycott thing might not.

Lord knows they paid for their mistakes.

[-TPF-]
Players
5,129 posts
21,032 battles
3 hours ago, Sunleader said:

But as to what they plan to do next Year they havnt said. And they have not Announced any Changes to the Shortlist.

The shortlist is fine. I'd rather they hadn't stuffed it with Christmas turkeys like California, but morally I'm much more comfortable with "Buy Santa Crates and have a reasonable chance of getting a Tier VII Premium" than "Buy Santa Crates and get a Missouri!". The noob-bait is bad.... it encourages overspending for a very small chance of the promoted goods and because of the effect on gameplay -  who wants random, inexperienced players being given a passport to Tier IX because of lootbox lotteries? 

Really, what's important here is that WG need to make changes to their marketing and compliance teams. Time after time they explain things badly, omit significant information, confuse their audience and then have to deal with public condemnation. They can embrace Churn or whatever it was iearlgrey said they were doing but really they just really need to get a grip on their communications. 

• Cool 1