mr_leto

Upgrading Modules

8 comments in this topic

Question

Players
9 posts

I haven't upgraded any modules recently but when I came to do it today, I found that the interface was different in that I was not allowed to purchase an upgrade but use ones I already have:

image.png.8e146b6487725188f1184687873f5241.png

Some of my other ships have the option to purchase upgrades in different slots and use available ones other slots.

In the past every slot is the same in that it offered both upgrades to available  and purchased but now it seems to depend on the slot.

Have I missed something somewhere where you can still purchase?  I cannot remember how I ended up with available modifications but if I decided to use these on some of my other ships I could well end up needing more...

Thanks

7 answers to this question

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,800 posts
14,504 battles

You have probably bought them in the past, mounted them on a ship and then sold the ship while choosing to pay 25 dubloons per upgrade to transfer the upgrade into your inventory rather than simply scrap which loses you 50% of the upgrades credit value instead of 25 dubloons.

If you really have never bought them they could have been awarded for completing missions or other tasks in the past, it is not unheard of for common upgrades to be given as rewards, although it is increasingly less common.

Often overlooked, it is worth browing the Inventory for things that you have obtained but are not necessarily using.

image.thumb.png.da3569c507c34c50cbe0b55d79f8b135.png

The Inventory lists your stock of

Modules; ship modules like guns, torpedos, hulls and fire controls)

Upgrades; which should list upgrades such as the 2 Main Armament Upgrade upgrades that you own)

Signals; which lists your consumable combat, economy and special signals

Flags; where you will find your collection of commemorative, event and reward flags

and Camoflages; which displays your current stock of camoflages.

The inventory uniquely displaying their credit value and allows you to sell everything (except for premium ship modules and flags) if you own things you no longer need. I would generally recommending checking to sell stock ship modules for ships you have already researched better modules for and upgrades if you feel you have an excess of a particular type of upgrade you will not be using in the future, but selling signals and camos for credits directly is typically much less efficient economically than using them so I would advise against selling those.

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,005 posts
10,174 battles

Um....no? It was always like this. If you have unused upgrades, you'll always use those first, before buying new ones.

• Cool 3

Players
244 posts
4,625 battles

Yea as Kompresor says, just means you use up what you have first before you buy more, it is there to save you wasting resources buying new when no need to.

[DAVY]
Players
3,184 posts
14,794 battles

or on the more cynical side, it prevents you from buying loads of them when there's a sale on...

• Cool 4

Players
1,160 posts
13,196 battles
2 hours ago, Salentine said:

or on the more cynical side, it prevents you from buying loads of them when there's a sale on...

This is not a huge issue in ships, but definitely true.

Used to be the same with premium consumables- you couldnt actually stockpile them. 

If you look at WoT though, its a good thing: it prevents certain players from snowballing their "rich" status.  

And while credit farming is much easier in ships than in tanks (prizes are 3x higher roughly, but gains per battle are more like 10x higher for a decent player) there are plenty of mechanisms to remove credits in WoWS- this is one of the more effective ones, cause most experienced players arent bothered with waiting for equipment sales

Players
9 posts
14 hours ago, Salentine said:

But, I've never bought these in the past...  Do you get these from the armory?

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,005 posts
10,174 battles
32 minutes ago, mr_leto said:

But, I've never bought these in the past...  Do you get these from the armory?

No...because

15 hours ago, Salentine said:

it prevents you from buying loads of them