Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pondachi

Imperial German Ensign on Kaiserliche Marine Ships

43 comments in this topic

Players
209 posts
2,971 battles

Why is this still not an option for the Kaiserliche Marine ships such as Konig, Bayern, etc? If I'm correct, the particular flag isn't even banned in Germany, which begs the question why it can't be included.

• Cool 5

[NECRO]
Players
687 posts
1 hour ago, Flugel_Der_Freiheit said:

If I'm correct, the particular flag isn't even banned in Germany, which begs the question why it can't be included.

This might change soon.

"In the federal state of Bremen, since September 21, 2020, the display of the war flags of the North German Confederation and the German Reich, as well as the black-white-red flag of the German Reich, in public is forbidden. In the Free State of Bavaria, the showing of the Reich war flag is to be banned in the near future. Other federal states are now also advocating a ban on showing it in public space. "

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichskriegsflagge

Players
8,512 posts
2 hours ago, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

This might change soon.

"In the federal state of Bremen, since September 21, 2020, the display of the war flags of the North German Confederation and the German Reich, as well as the black-white-red flag of the German Reich, in public is forbidden. In the Free State of Bavaria, the showing of the Reich war flag is to be banned in the near future. Other federal states are now also advocating a ban on showing it in public space. "

Sure it's 2020 and not 1984? :cap_cool:

• Funny 4

Players
209 posts
2,971 battles

This might change soon.

In public. 

Players
8,512 posts
12 minutes ago, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

The internet is very public, fyi... :Smile_trollface:

So... would Wikipedia censor it from its German langue version... :Smile_unsure:

Players
1,202 posts
3,828 battles

This might change soon.

I don't think a ban is constitutional.

It clearly infringes on the right to free speech as well as on political rights.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[NECRO]
Players
687 posts
6 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

It clearly infringes on the right to free speech as well as on political rights.

Fortunately, what people consider to be there right of free speech or political rights are not necessarily a legal reality.

• Cool 1

Players
493 posts
5,494 battles
7 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

those arnt rights in germany

its just a different side of the same mentality and a different people targeted 

there isnt even free press in germany, the country is a pretty big joke 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
8,512 posts
13 minutes ago, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

Fortunately, what people consider to be there right of free speech or political rights are not necessarily a legal reality.

FTFY :Smile_trollface:

Players
1,202 posts
3,828 battles
17 minutes ago, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

Most German people didn't deserve the events set in motion by the crippled emperor with his inferiority complex, the unfair treatment at Versailles and the subsequent vindictive behavior of German people previously thrown into poverty and humiliation.

I think people have the right to express their longing for a time before things turned into a tragedy not only for the country that was among the three or four top most advanced world powers at the time (around 1900), but also for many other innocents.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[SM0KE]
Players
7,898 posts
16,708 battles
4 hours ago, Flugel_Der_Freiheit said:

why it can't be included.

Is it one of the flags that's been co-opted by right-wing nutjobs? If so, that would explain it...

• Cool 2

Players
8,512 posts
1 minute ago, Verblonde said:

Is it one of the flags that's been co-opted by right-wing nutjobs? If so, that would explain it...

... rather poorly, though. At least as far as I'm concerned because IMO everything needs to be judged on its own merits (or lack thereof).

Here's a suggestion, why won't they pick up the current Bundesflag and start waving it around like maniacs. Any right-wing nutjobs are free to make use of my idea, thank me later. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,788 posts
6 hours ago, Flugel_Der_Freiheit said:

Why is this still not an option for the Kaiserliche Marine ships such as Konig, Bayern, etc? 

Because showing banned flags and symbols of war in this game is a privilege reserved solely for Glorious Soviet Union. 

And yes, I know the Imperial German flags aren't actually banned by law in real life. WG just doesn't care. 

• Cool 6

[TACHA]
Players
1,210 posts
4 minutes ago, Bellegar said:

And yes, I know the Imperial German flags aren't actually banned by law in real life. WG just doesn't care. 

I'd guess this is probably closest to the real answer, it would be extra effort for them to put in an alternate flag for a faction even when they've done just that for others such as the Pan-Europeans. That or maybe they think that design with the black eagle in the middle is too fiddly...

1 hour ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Any right-wing nutjobs are free to make use of my idea, thank me later. :Smile_trollface:

What about the left-wing nutjobs? ;)

• Funny 2

[NECRO]
Players
687 posts
2 hours ago, Verblonde said:

It is. The entire lot of our current enemies of democracy are using it. The nazi party AFD, the Reichsbürgers, Covid deniers, conspiracy theorists and whatever nutjobs you can imagine.

[BORZ]
Players
467 posts
12,085 battles

So, we can't see some german flags in the game, cause in Germany showing them is forbidden by law.

But that's strange, so strange... Cause in some eastern countries, is forbidden to show communists symbols like the hammer and the sickle, but i still see a LOT of them in the game...

I wonder why :D

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

Players
8,512 posts
3 minutes ago, dunbine said:

So, we can't see some german flags in the game, cause in Germany showing them is forbidden by law.

But that's strange, so strange... Cause in some eastern countries, is forbidden to show communists symbols like the hammer and the sickle, but i still see a LOT of them in the game...

I wonder why :D

A mystery, in deed! :cap_hmm:

Players
493 posts
5,494 battles
45 minutes ago, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

It is. The entire lot of our current enemies of democracy are using it. The nazi party AFD, the Reichsbürgers, Covid deniers, conspiracy theorists and whatever nutjobs you can imagine.

cant really have a party be the enemy of democracy

as long as no cheating is happening its just a choice, not having a choice would mean its not democracy 

Players
8,512 posts
1 minute ago, Ashardalon_Dragnipur said:

as long as no cheating is happening its just a choice, not having a choice would mean its not democracy 

It's more like.. having a single choice vs plurality...

• Cool 1

[NECRO]
Players
687 posts
4 hours ago, Ashardalon_Dragnipur said:

those arnt rights in germany

its just a different side of the same mentality and a different people targeted 

there isnt even free press in germany, the country is a pretty big joke 

Ok, Donald.

[NECRO]
Players
687 posts
10 hours ago, Ashardalon_Dragnipur said:

You are living on the dark side of the moon.

Edit: https://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/afd-beobachtung-der-gesamten-partei-durch-verfassungsschutz-rueckt-naeher-a-363352c4-f908-47d7-90db-e50e406f1da9

Players
493 posts
5,494 battles
1 hour ago, HARBINGER_OF_SKULLS said:

You are living on the dark side of the moon.

and you are on the side that thinks explosives is a valid method of protest 

if there was a good choice a lot less people would vote for the "bad choice"

Players
209 posts
2,971 battles
12 hours ago, Verblonde said:

A lot of things have been co-opted. If you ban that flag, they'll just use something else. These ships appeared historically flying that flag. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this