You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MacFergus

Removal of the Kamikaze from the game.

461 comments in this topic

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles

I think Thunderer is worse :Smile_hiding:

Not because its more OP, its just more edited* than any other ship in this game.

edit: watch the language please

• Cool 15

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,741 posts
24,924 battles
On 12/10/2020 at 12:31 AM, DFens_666 said:

I think Thunderer is worse

Tsunderer isn't that bad compared to the smolensk. Or a flying edited*.

edit: please watch the language! 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 13

Players
3,184 posts
15,679 battles
On 12/10/2020 at 12:29 AM, MacFergus said:

The three sisters in my view are thee most op ships in the game with the CV discussion and balance issue at hand then surely out of all the rare ships these 3 should get the chop , It is unfair they even exist a relic from the golden age of Japanese DDs which were balanced simply because they dominated every game.

The refusal by WG to remove them and tease people into spending cash to obtain them in loot boxes goes to show how much they really care for balance  they simply have no counter even a CV cannot spot them unless flying directly over them , Their fast reload time on tops at such a low tier means they can decimate a team within minutes without being spotted once.

Most of the rare ships have been power creeped to some extent but the 3 sisters still reign supreme even at top tier.

What are people views on this , Do you enjoy seal clubbing with this ship or deep down do you think yes they are completely unfair , I understand a lot of veterans play at higher tiers but as a mid tier player these ship have always been a edited* on the game.

Edit: watch the language please!

says the guy whose most played ship is the gremy...

and yes i like laughing at people who don't have one/them, who make threads complaining they are OP :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 16
  • Funny 8
  • Boring 1

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
On 12/10/2020 at 12:53 AM, Aragathor said:

Tsunderer isn't that bad compared to the smolensk. Or a flying edited*.

edit: please watch the language! 

I hate Thunderers more than Smokeks. They are just.. URGH

Enemy team:

- sit at 20km, shooting only me because i want to win game

My team:

- sit at 24km, dont hit anything. Then die in 1 minute because YOLO

CVs are ofc valid :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

Players
2,979 posts
21,487 battles

I have to give the OP credit for at least taking the endless CV debate in a slightly new tangent although I do have to wonder if there really was a need for yet another thinly veiled CV thread.

• Funny 2

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,649 posts
7,861 battles

Not because its more OP, its just more edited* than any other ship in this game.

Entire RN BB line is badly designed; basing BBs on HE spam. Thunderer is the cherry on top of the pile of poo

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

If you drop to T5 you do see quite a few people with 25.000 games on kamikaze but if you know that (and double CV) is what you'll see down there, why are you dropping down to T5. Just free xp to T6 and don't touch anything under T6 like everyone else lol

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
950 posts
3,535 battles
14 minutes ago, Salentine said:

says the guy whose most played ship is the gremy...

and yes i like laughing at people who don't have one/them, who make threads complaining they are OP :Smile-_tongue:

You don't think their completely op for the tier then?.

To be honest i could have got one if i wanted it but at the time the tech tree Jap DDs had not been nerfted if you remember that so I didn't bother and then they nerfted the tech tree ships.

Even if I had one I would say the same , I think the GC is op and it wouldn't bother me tomorrow if they removed that to make a more fair and balanced game.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[-TPF-]
Players
5,143 posts
21,101 battles
33 minutes ago, MacFergus said:

What are people views on this , Do you enjoy seal clubbing with this ship or deep down do you think yes they are completely unfair , I understand a lot of veterans play at higher tiers but as a mid tier player these ship have always been a cancer on the game.

Well... I'm sure WG sell a lot of containers off the back of these ships. And it's quite telling about their QA work back in the day that they managed to issue three of the blasted things. 

I'm one of those people who would be happy to see Premiums adjusted, so adding 30 seconds onto a Kami's torp reload or .5K on to her detection wouldn't bother me at all. But it would freak others out. Personally I'd like to see some fast torpedo boat style DD Premiums added to Tier V - anything around 40 knots with 100mm guns could chase and gun down a Kamikaze with ease, and a German E-boat, American PT or British MTB could keep her spotted all day. 

• Cool 1

[GOUF]
Beta Tester
337 posts
7,140 battles

Lol, i was under the impression that this was a necro thread but it's a new one instead.

2017 >> that way :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
345 posts
9,802 battles
22 minutes ago, LemonadeWarriorITA said:

Entire RN BB line is badly designed; basing BBs on HE spam. Thunderer is the cherry on top of the pile of poo

With the supreme irony it's the only RN BB with reliable AP (with a nod to DoY's improved US pen angles)

[CAIN]
Players
4,994 posts
21,590 battles
On 12/10/2020 at 12:29 AM, MacFergus said:

The three sisters in my view are thee most op ships in the game with the CV discussion and balance issue at hand then surely out of all the rare ships these 3 should get the chop , It is unfair they even exist a relic from the golden age of Japanese DDs which were balanced simply because they dominated every game.

The refusal by WG to remove them and tease people into spending cash to obtain them in loot boxes goes to show how much they really care for balance  they simply have no counter even a CV cannot spot them unless flying directly over them , Their fast reload time on tops at such a low tier means they can decimate a team within minutes without being spotted once.

Most of the rare ships have been power creeped to some extent but the 3 sisters still reign supreme even at top tier.

What are people views on this , Do you enjoy seal clubbing with this ship or deep down do you think yes they are completely unfair , I understand a lot of veterans play at higher tiers but as a mid tier player these ship have always been a edited* on the game.

Edit: watch the language please!

Never gonna happen, since people payed cash for it.

But IF, then Gremy should go as well, as Belfast, Kutuzov, Smolensk, Slava, Stalingrad, ru heavy cruisers, ru BBs and, above all, all CVs of course.

• Cool 11

Players
2,588 posts
30 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Tsunderer isn't that bad compared to the Smolester. Or a flying cvnt.

I like what you did there. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

[-TPF-]
Players
5,143 posts
21,101 battles
9 minutes ago, RambaRal said:

Lol, i was under the impression that this was a necro thread but it's a new one instead.

Presumably your 750+ games in the Kami sisters were a youthful aberration? :)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[NTT]
Players
2,087 posts
11,582 battles

Not because its more OP, its just more edited* than any other ship in this game.

ok, so cvs finally get complimented

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

To be fair wargaming couldn't have known a couple dozen people would be playing 25.000 kamikaze games and absolutely nothing else for the next 3 years, these guys play that already strong ship with their eyes closed at this point. Just don't drop down to T5 and if it bothers you, take comfort in this : kamikaze AA is a middle aged japanese man with a hunting rifle, in a tier where CVs, not the kamikaze, is the apex predator. So while they are there for sealclubbing, often someone shows up with a better club.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1

[EMPOR]
Players
782 posts
25,212 battles
1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

And it's quite telling about their QA work back in the day that they managed to issue three of the blasted things.

You have to remember: the Kamikaze and her sisters were worse than the tech tree Minekaze at the time of their release. That's the reason MacFergus didn't even get them. They are only this strong now, because the rest of the IJN torpedo boats got nerfed so hard in comparison.

• Cool 15

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles

As a tool for farming current T5 potatoes (who are now generally less skilled than "new" T5 players from 3-5 years ago as you can now get to T5 in a day) they are fantastic, but the tech tree ships were better before they were nerfed into oblivion way back in '16-'17 plus the players back then tended to be more experienced by T5 as they had to spend longer per tier due to the lower XP available way back then (only 5 economic signals, very few camos etc). Now however they are definitely in the top 3 OP ships just due to to the typical current Kamikaze player being a seal clubber and many new T5 captains still being very inexperienced as they drop out of protected MM for the first time.

• Cool 4

[GOUF]
Beta Tester
337 posts
7,140 battles
1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

Presumably your 750+ games in the Kami sisters were a youthful aberration? :)

Well, I don't know if stats also say when it was the last played battle in a ship, but it was quite long ago. And yup, I got my Kami R from the original event and I squeezed all the fun I could from her :cap_rambo:.

That said, only some 20-25%ish of my matches in the 3 Kami sisters overall have been done with a twinked captain as I used them to train several skippers from 3 to 19.

That said again, I see Kamis once per month more or less, so a thread calling for their removal sounds quite funny.

• Cool 1

Players
867 posts
11,120 battles
1 hour ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Never gonna happen, since people payed cash for it.

people paid money for Atlanta and shes frakked when the new cpt skills come in.

• Cool 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,439 posts
17,815 battles

I'm not giving up my Kamikaze (campaign?), Kamikaze R (bought) and Fujin (which I got from a 2019 Xmas Crate).

Some players go those ships for free,

• Cool 1