Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Humorpalanta

Good bye Unique Upgrades

57 comments in this topic

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,656 posts
11,573 battles

Just wanted to say good bye to another aspect of the game falling for monetisation...

It seems even though I have been playing for 5 years I won't be able to get them.

WG... You are just... Ah...

Greed.png

• Cool 18
  • Funny 4

Players
2,023 posts
12,633 battles
Just now, 159Hunter said:

What did I miss?

Not much, he just did fine for 5 years without LU and now decided that he missed out on them and is sad that it's too late for his casual playstyle.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 4

Players
1,326 posts
20,710 battles

I stopped grinding mine (or, to be precise, the ones I had pending) with the arrival of the rework, but considered giving a final push towards them. I already got Midway's while the other two would need about 5 days, at a rate of 2 and 3 random battles per day with Hakuryu and Worcester, respectively. I've never used any of the LUs I previously acquired (those for Shimakaze, Minotaur and Großer Kurfürst), though, because none of them fits my gameplay.

Salute.

Players
1,326 posts
20,710 battles
Just now, Itwastuesday said:

What, are they going?

By the end of the year all the unfinished task chains (the original way to get them) become void, so they'll be only accesible via RB.

Salute.

• Cool 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,656 posts
11,573 battles
4 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

What, are they going?

The missions to get them, yes. From Jan 1 you will be able to get them only for RB because the missions get deleted at whatever place you are at.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,569 posts
9,841 battles

I for one am glad that they made most of them useless. So i dont have to bother with BS regrinding.

At first i was hoping, they would realize, that some UUs just suck. Then they told us, that they balance by popularity :cap_fainting: I bet they would get away with UUs, that nerf your ship, and enough people would still mount it...

• Cool 3

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
3 minutes ago, LemonadeWarriorITA said:

Life / carriers

I suppose, but there's only a very select few of them even worth having, four or five maybe, half of them for ships that have been powercrept to hell anyway, so you want like two modules, I didn't feel it was that big a grind with the extra time they gave everyone, I think they extended it by like a year?

• Cool 1

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,441 posts
7,103 battles
27 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

I suppose, but there's only a very select few of them even worth having, four or five maybe, half of them for ships that have been powercrept to hell anyway, so you want like two modules, I didn't feel it was that big a grind with the extra time they gave everyone, I think they extended it by like a year?

Still 140k RB points I am missing out on. For me it feels like a big grind.

They extended a mission that was to be in the game forever by a year indeed.

Sure changes happen, but this one is kinda unneeded and only hurting those last few players with missions left.

Not customer friendly. 

• Cool 5

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
8 minutes ago, LemonadeWarriorITA said:

Still 140k RB points I am missing out on.

Only if you insist on having crappy unique upgrades for the sake of having them, just go for the ones that are actually worth having. Yamato, Grozovoi and Zao. The others are sidegrades at best, downgrades usually.

• Cool 3

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,441 posts
7,103 battles
4 minutes ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

Only if you insist on having crappy unique upgrades for the sake of having them, just go for the ones that are actually worth having. Yamato, Grozovoi and Zao. The others are sidegrades at best, downgrades usually.

Point being is that players miss out on a free upgrade,  because WarGaming is too lazy to extend the mission, due bad coding.

It would have died out anyway.

You know as well that some upgrades might be crap today, but who says they are crap tomorrow?

WG is just choosing the easy route again, not the customer friendly one.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
28 minutes ago, LemonadeWarriorITA said:

You know as well that some upgrades might be crap today, but who says they are crap tomorrow?

I suspect unique modules were nerfed and moved to RB as a way to get rid of them without actually getting rid of them. But lets say you're right and some unique module does become worth it in the future, just get it then. Getting them all now because they might be worth something again later is almost certainly going to be a waste of time so don't worry about it. You should probably even scratch zao from the 3 I mentioned because zao is hopeless with or without unique module.

• Cool 1

[PHL]
Beta Tester
346 posts
19,479 battles

I would like the idea if the mission chain would be accessable via the RB for a reduced price.  So e.g. 5.000 or 10.000 RP to open the chain, with the current or similar requirements.

WG would get maybe some additional interested players for the RB, and it would expand the mix (play T2-9 for the re-grind, T10 for the rewards/modules).

• Cool 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,152 posts
14,648 battles
2 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Or how about leaving the missions in indefinitely and give people a choice.

That would be nice but we're referring to WG here.

• Cool 5

Weekend Tester
1,137 posts
8,956 battles
13 hours ago, Humorpalanta said:

Greed.png

Thought for a second I was on the factorio forum...

I thankfully got all of mine, too bad most of them got rEbAlAnCeD and aint worth anything anymore.

The last one I got was Yamatos and I didn't put it on because I like the better reload more then the questionable accuracy that people keep referring to.

• Cool 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,656 posts
11,573 battles
2 hours ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

Thought for a second I was on the factorio forum...

I thankfully got all of mine, too bad most of them got rEbAlAnCeD and aint worth anything anymore.

The last one I got was Yamatos and I didn't put it on because I like the better reload more then the questionable accuracy that people keep referring to.

I am not stating they are awesome I just said that WG took this behind a paywall meanwhile it was meant to be free.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this