Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aetius85

"Defense" Ribbon

5 comments in this topic

Question

[BATES]
Players
1,182 posts
15,133 battles

Hello, 

I have a doubt on the Defense ribbon and how to obtain it. I know it's generated when enemy ships are capping an empty area (or one which your team own) and you fire to them, resetting the cap. 

But in these days I tried in coop, firing to a dd capping, resetted the counter but didn't earn ribbons. Is there an additional logic?

4 answers to this question

[AAO]
Players
1,597 posts
21,623 battles

The Ognevoi was under too much fire for most of its life to accumulate enough cap-points to give you a ribbon.
There's only 1 salvo where I can't say for sure it either doesn't have enough cap points or some other ship resets her before your shells impact

and on that you have a salvo from you and an ally arrive at about the same time, so it might have been a slight de-synch.

• Cool 1

[ROUGH]
Players
564 posts
20,755 battles

There has to be some capping progress to obtain the ribbon. Sometimes when the enemy ship is being shot rapidly (eg. by DD) there is not enough time between the shots that would allow the enemy to get enough capping progress.

Also if you or a teammate are inside the cap the enemy cannot gain any progress and after resetting what they got before you entered the cap you cannot "farm" anything more.

[BATES]
Players
1,182 posts
15,133 battles
8 hours ago, rnat said:

The Ognevoi was under too much fire for most of its life to accumulate enough cap-points to give you a ribbon.
There's only 1 salvo where I can't say for sure it either doesn't have enough cap points or some other ship resets her before your shells impact

and on that you have a salvo from you and an ally arrive at about the same time, so it might have been a slight de-synch.

Thank you, thought there was something I was still missing on the mechanics :)

Sign in to follow this