You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Do you have "Forgotten" / "Neglected" lines of ships and how do you handle them?

44 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,919 posts
18,147 battles

Hi all,

Do you have "Forgotten" / "Neglected" lines of ships and how do you handle them?

I have the following:

hQropeS.jpg

and I almost exclusively play them in CoOp doing 5 min battles and finishing recurring daily missions and directives that way! :Smile_honoring:

It is usually always fast paced battle that can earn 1000-1500-2000 EXP in just 5 minutes and since all ships are essentially different and play differently it is never boring... :Smile_great:

I know that it will take weeks/months to advance to next ship that way but I am in no hurry... slow and steady is the true name of the game... :Smile_smile:

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

I am using MOD "Carousel extended" and most excellent MOD by @OlliN "Ships Win Rate & XP to next ship" - that way I can see at glance how much more XP I need to advance to next ship!

• Cool 3

Players
2,096 posts
8,663 battles

I also have like 10 lines open. I usually grind two or three of them regularly, and I play the rest when I fancy some variety. Also I try to finish as much ships as possible on 200% first win weeks.

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,416 posts
9,841 battles

I have a neglected class: DDs :Smile_hiding:

I had most of them on T8 recently, while only having Gearing as T10 for some time.

Had Aki, Kagero, Lightning, Z23, Kiev, Ognevoi, Le Fantasque, Hsenyiang. Only recently i got to Jutland, but mostly stuck with the others. Almost done with Kiev. Would also need to freeXP almost all modules to not play with stock ships.

EU DDs stuck on T6 because meh.

• Cool 3

[-TAP-]
Players
353 posts
8,744 battles

I've certainly got a bundle of ship lines which got to a certain stage before grinding to a halt.  Most of them are the remnants of the tier 5/6/7/8 early access ships given away as freebies, a few are where I discovered I really didn't enjoy playing the line (hello RN CVs!), and some are where I ran out of credits for a new ship and then never bothered to buy it when I got enough again (German cruisers, Soviet light cruisers) as other lines had taken my fancy in the meantime.

Players
3,682 posts
20,811 battles

Ive finished the last few ipen BB lines I had, but hardly ever play them. As of the unpleasant Italian cruiser line and to me uninspired uk heavy cruiser line I stopped grinding the new cruisers. I simply am not pkaying any if the new cruiser lines. Instead Ive been regrinding the uk light cruiser line several times, a line which I really love almost entirely. And play lots of DDs.

Players
4,277 posts
12,084 battles

German DD line. Still stuck on t8. There is just nothing about them that I like. I don't like how they look, I don't like their concealment, their terrible dpm, short smoke, low dmg torps. I can't bring myself to play them. 

[LUZ1]
Players
1,234 posts
14,041 battles

I have priority lines, which I have either completed to T10, or am actively grinding.

I like DDs most, so have completed most lines to T10, have reset IJN torp boats. Some lines I don't care about not prio, French, Khaba.

Cruisers are next, I am now completing the most interesting lines.

BBs not priority, just play them for some directives.

CV's: are you serious?

I grind 2-5 lines at any one time.

No prio = no play.

[BOATY]
Players
909 posts
15,372 battles

I only have pan asian dd, USN FATBOYS, German proof of broken class, and IJN cv. Only one do I want to take to t10. Mind you I have a ton of other ships I have already gotten to t10 in the line but I still have them because they are or were at the time fun.

[POP]
Players
663 posts
13,145 battles

I got Aoba 18.11.2016, played a few games with it and never touched it again.

How do I handle the line? I just forget it exists.

[BOATY]
Players
909 posts
15,372 battles
1 minute ago, Altsak said:

I got Aoba 18.11.2016, played a few games with it and never touched it again.

How do I handle the line? I just forget it exists.

that is kind of a mistake as that like gets so much better, well it did before the rework now thanks to one national class I can't say that any more.

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
462 posts
6,230 battles

- Every regular surface ship line

- T2-T8 tech tree KM CVs

- T2-T8 tech tree RN CVs

I have all T6-T8 non-DD ships in port.

I dont play them, because in case of the CVs there are better options and I already grinded them out, for the surface hips I am still waiting for a proper tutorial and way for new players to learn the game, without getting shoved with an unlubed cactus. Then I will start playing them.

[THESO]
Players
1,503 posts
18,095 battles

I am through all lines but RN-CAs - currently T8-Albemarle - and the freshly released USN-BB2, with T9-Minnesota currently in port.

The big to-do list is CVs. I know people hate them. I am not particularly looking forward to it. Still, I know I'll have to play them soon, if I want to understand them better.

In the past I ground the lines almost all at once. Some lines were further ahead, others almost untouched. The goal was to have a couple of grinds in every tier to choose from and gradually work my way up using as many daily wins on as many ships as possible. If I didn't have time to play them all - quite often - I prioritized the lines most needed for Clan Battles.

The downside of grinding lines evenly is that you don't get used to ships. Playing russian railguns along with american rainbows throws off your internal aimbot. Your winrate is lower than it would be if you played one line after another

On the upside you get to know a lot of playstyles early. Stupid stuff, like me bullying a Khaba to cap early, never was an issue, cause I knew what ship can do what. Also, no matter who I was in division with and what tier that person needed to play, I never had to sink XP into an elited ship. I would do it like that again, if I had to. Maybe I'd do it slightly different: I prioritized too many fun lines early, so at the end I was stuck with inferior lines. I had hoped they would get buffed by the time I play them. Some did (e.g. Izumo, FdG). Others however I unlocked just as they got nerfed (Chung-Mu, Mogador, Jutland). So yeah, my kingdom for the gift of foresight.

[CHEFT]
Players
395 posts
4,816 battles

Mostly DDs - French DD line (stuck at T7), German DD line (stuck at T8), RN DD line (stuck at T7), Pan Asian DD line (stuck at T7) among others. DDs are just generally not fun to play anymore.

Then there's the French cruiser line, currently making very slow progress at T8. Probably others that I can't think of at the minute.

[R3B3L]
Players
1,294 posts
32,163 battles

By the time i unlocked Habarovsk it already had the glorious "incremental change" in rudder-shift. Therefore i never played it in randoms (nor competitive). But i have a lot of fun in co-op.

[XITAX]
Players
103 posts
6,723 battles

Got stuck in the second regrind of Mino tech tree in 2 months (Ohio you shall be mine!) so I have completely abandoned some of the tech trees I was grinding. After this regrind marathon I'll stop for a bit on pumping up new trees. Not 'cause I don't have the enegy but rather 'cause I'm completely out of credits :cap_money: It's time to gain some sane profit from all those ships before moving far along with new vessels!

[NECRO]
Players
687 posts

I have roughly 80 butt-naked virgins who have never had a man inside them. They are just waiting in my port for the snowflake event to get married to 0-point-strangers, being taken out for their maiden voyages, getting paid in coal and divorced immediately thereafter.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,777 posts
21,329 battles

Do you have "Forgotten" / "Neglected" lines of ships

Yes.

A lot of them.

They all have plebian characteristics such as "main battery turrets" and "torpedo launchers".

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,761 posts
10,915 battles

image.png.68914a28ec9f98f920da49939f088bc2.png

Everything in my port? :Smile_trollface:

Fiji was on a slowmode progress, which I only played very rarely. Kagerou and Akizuki pretty much only in coop. Guess should update the game to collect Vermöönt :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,144 posts
24,050 battles

Yeah, all of my BB's and CV's. I just ignore them for the most part unless there is compelling reason to play one (like getting a star in naval battle and I am the only one with attempts left). Sometimes I play them in Coop if there is a campaign task or a combat mission I want to complete but that's about it. I do plan to take them for a few Randoms at some point in the future but never seem to be up to it and just revert to my fav Cruiser or DD instead. Oh well, maybe next time. :cap_tea:

[TRID]
Players
290 posts
5,591 battles

I've played all lines, most are at tier 7/8, apart from CVs (T4 - T6), and European DD (at T5 soon to be T6).

The result is I only have two silver T10 (Worcester and Shimakaze).

I know it's not the most efficient way of doing things but it keeps the game interesting for me, maybe I'll get all the lines (bar CV,  gameplay isn't as interesting for me personally) to T10 eventually, maybe not.

[CAIN]
Players
4,926 posts
20,778 battles

Mostly CVs and ru BBs.

While i do play the former every now and then (depending how often and how violently an enemy CV crapped on my ship) while the latter is collecting dust in my port, including Slava.

Players
803 posts

lines.thumb.jpg.e1c2f2e3e0cb10849fbcb1d9825d0d86.jpg

I don't really play CVs, only in Scenarios, that's why they are stuck at VIII. I got the Audacious for Epoc Mission chain.

Yugumo and Kitakaze I got during summer, I play with Kitakaze from time to time.

I got bored with Fletcher and skipped to Gearing, haven't played her in Random yet.

Some time ago i reset both USA cruiser lines.

played  like 200 battles of ranked matches with Missouri in spring of 2019, so I skipped Iowa with ease.

Ognevoi is meh, Kiev is 10k sort of IX.

Played couple of games with Tallin after her release.

I have Donskoi?

Lightning is 13k short of IX

Played Albemarle last when the line was launched.

Monarch is a pain to play, I've had her like a year.

Got Neptune quite recently..

I unlocked Charles Martel one week after the last Operation Cherry Blossom was running in late 2018. haven't touched her since.

I reset french DD line last summer, Mogador is my go to boat in Coop/directives.

I got the Chung Mu last weekend.

Every other line I have at X.

*EDIT

I also have Amalfi at stock, a port queen.